Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Nope lol. It just works if you are under a poly effect like DKIII or Kitsune human form.
Kitsunes simply can do it cheaper, easier and earlier. For anyone else, only need lvl 9 brown fur since Animal Aspect line of spells are transmutation school, don't change your form and count as polymorph effects.
So I tested this, Greater Animal Aspect does NOT trigger effects which activate under polymorph effects. So I don't know where you got your information from, but you are wrong.

Well, try regular Animal Aspect maybe? The level 2 spell?
Works for my Kitsune. Granted it kinda reverts human form to Kitsune. Which I like, as I keep the Bite and, more importantly, Pounce.

Btw, thanks for the heads up about the Retriever Shirt, Yosh.
There is absolutely no way the standard spell works but the greater one doesn't.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did you TEST it? You should test it before writing that, Yosh :)

Aspect of the Gorilla worked fine - both on my Kitsune and my Seelah - who isn't a Kitsune, as far as I'm aware.

Unless its all a secret conspiracy/masquerade. Maybe she has also chosen to forget who she is... damn...

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aspect of the Gorilla worked fine - both on my Kitsune and my Seelah - who isn't a Kitsune, as far as I'm aware.

Unless its all a secret conspiracy/masquerade. Maybe she has also chosen to forget who she is... damn...

Doesn't work on an empty test merc aasimar.
Seelah is a Kitsune. Confirmed.

Now I like her a bit more, because I like foxes, both in Russian and in Chinese folklore.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Got to act 5 with my azata sword saint. Kinda torn between legend and azata for the final act. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure legend is stronger, and leveling to 40 seems cool. Otoh, the real mythic path is the friends you make along the way, and I don't want Aivu to go away :(

Edit: made a permanent save to check out legend. You do ~3 fights and then you get ~15 character levels instantly. Crazy. At the same time, I have no idea what to pick. For now I'm a sword saint20/student of war10/mutation warrior 3.

Picked Legend path as well, I'm a 20 Dhampir battle scion/10 Dragon Disciple/7 Eldritch Knight.
I decided to go Azata. The real mythic path is the friends we made along the way, and even the game knows it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I decided to go Azata. The real mythic path is the friends we made along the way, and even the game knows it.
Especially when this friend is a half-ton dragon who buffs and dispels with CL 35)
When does she get dispel?

Aivu is very strong in melee at this point, except her AC is ~20 less than my mc/animal companion.

Edit:
This fight at the end of greybor questline. Really nice of the devs to start both the mc and greybor right next to enemies with good initative and really high damage. Pretty sure I can make my mc live if I just prebuff outside the area, but getting the useless sack of meat that is greybor to live a single turn seems... challenging.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
When does she get dispel?
I think Aivu got it at Azata Mythic Rank 7, at the end of chapter 4. She got up to level 7 spells and has Dispel Magic, Greater among 6th level. She already dispels at CL 28 and will grow to CL 35 at Azata 10.
Cute five-year-old dragon is better dispeller than a Lich.
oA8fhbe.png
Tbh, all her spellbook pretty great - she got Remove Fear, Restoration, Greater Restoration, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Spell Resistance, Resurrect. She even got Remove Curse that works against inflated DC of high end demons.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Did you TEST it? You should test it before writing that, Yosh :)

believeyou.gif

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Indeed, never

zvXqkWh.jpg

Animal Aspect - Gorilla was cast with Brown Fur Transmuter share Transmutation, in case it makes any difference.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmmm. Maybe that's what is making the difference. Can you test putting the item on the BFT then having the BFT cast it on himself?

The bonus will show up in the character sheet, you don't need to actually attack a target.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Nope, still works. Although the test is tainted a bit by Nenio - a Kitsune - being the BFT. But tested in her fox form, without morphing to human. Works also for Woljif and Sosiel.
Kitsunes appear not to need the Animal Aspect even - if you morph to human and back, the bonus will "stick", at least temporarily.

JustLooking

Scholar
Is it the same slug fest on higher difficulties like in the first ono where you had to spend buffing your party for 20 minutes straight and then reloading because you casted one of the buffs too late and another one already disappeared?

Supermedo

Augur
Man I hate hidden timer thing, does chapter one have the only hidden timer or it is common theme in the entire game.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What are most common skills checks that give XP?
In game.

Trickery, Mobility and?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Persuasion, Perception, Athletics.

The nice thing about Athletics and Mobility checks is that most seem to be 2-way (pass obstacle/get back).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
New patch is out - 1.1.2d. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3145196846657519514
Patch notes:
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.2d is upon us. We fixed the problems you wrote us about - lost saves are back in place, the quest "Middlegame" can now be completed, and the game has been updated with other fixes and patches.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests

• Sometimes Nura, killed by a player character, was displayed as alive - fixed;
  • Daeran went on a date even when he was dead - fixed. We explained to count that sometimes such enthusiasm is inappropriate;
  • Lariel didn't talk to the player character in Nexus after he was rescued - fixed;
  • When failing Thaberdine’s quest in Chapter 3, events in the citadel could get stuck - fixed;
  • The Next-Door Theater troupe thought the player's character changed past when taking over Dresen, even though that didn't happen - fixed. Now actors won't be confused by timelines;
  • Quest "Middlegame" could not be completed - fixed;
  • Sometimes the fates of Galfrey or Irabeth would register incorrectly (and the game could consider them dead when they were alive) - fixed;
  • After the events in Leper's Smile some companions could refuse to communicate with the commander for 3 days - fixed;
  • Trickster's closet kept working after choosing Legend's path - fixed. We blocked the path to fun;
  • Sosiel's personal quest could get stuck if the Azata Commander killed everyone in the Fleshmarket - fixed;
  • Fixed the inability to arrange a conversation between Regill and Sosiel in the camp;
  • Sometimes the game did not recognize the death of Ciar - fixed;
  • When angels were saying their farewells to the Commander (in the case of changing the mythic path in chapter 5), the game did not react correctly to the actions of the player - fixed;
  • In Wintersun, after the first meeting with Marhevok, his guards did not leave with him - fixed;
  • It was possible for Trickster Commanders to leave Areelu's Laboratory without receiving an "An Urgent Invitation" quest - fixed. For players who have not yet left in the 4th chapter, the quest will be activated. For those who left in the fourth chapter and beyond - the quests of the mythic path will be failed;
  • One mongrel was still standing after hitting Savamelekh with the angel ability - fixed;
  • During the final drow ambush, they could attack before their leader gave a signal - fixed;
  • Hal will no longer appear at the beginning of Act 5 if he's been killed or said you won't meet him again.

Areas

• Fixed an issue where you could get stuck on the tower platform in Alushinyrra. (Warning! If you are already trapped, you need to load an earlier save);
  • After returning from Iz, the player character appeared in the throne room - fixed;
  • In Act 3, it was possible to kill the bosses again in some locations of Kenabres - fixed;
  • After finishing the quest in Wintersun, the current leader of the settlement used to appear on the throne only one week later. Fixed. Now they will appear right after you deal with The Lady of the Sun;
  • In the Sacred Lands area the entire party and animal companions will be disabled now for the duration if the puzzle part.

Crusade

• Visual effect of Dominate is shown correctly now;
  • Purge now works according to description;
  • It was possible to drag the general's abilities into creatures action bar - fixed;
  • If an army moves to a selected point, it will no longer stop near allied armies. When moving with the navigation arrows, the army will stop as before when allied armies meet;
  • Bards' and Azatas' auras now work according to their new description. The number of available uses of these auras has been increased from 4 to 8;
  • Bolt of Justice now has two versions of the ability - against summoned units and against others;
  • Fixed the issue with the Spider Swarm model disappearing in tactical combat;
  • Abilities and debuffs with death effect could be applied to units with death immunity - fixed;
  • All Traps now work according to new description;
  • Yozz used to come to the Commander on the Demon path with only one rank up even for the crusade in chapter 3 - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Fixed Aivu's abilities;
  • If a rider’s reach is greater than mount's and the rider’s weapon is not ranged, mount should try to approach target so both rider and mount could attack;
  • Spell Chain Lightning worked incorrectly - fixed;
  • Azata spell Second Breath didn't work - fixed;
  • Spell Resistance could become negative in some calculations, in particular leading to spam of combat log messages about immunity to some effects - fixed;
  • When replacing a general's ability its tooltip was not updated - fixed;
  • Close to the Abyss mythic ability did not give extra gore attack - fixed;
  • Devil-Spawn background wasn't giving charisma penalty - fixed;
  • Mythic progression could duplicate selected abilities - fixed;
  • Demon Dancer with Inspired Rage had extra bite attack - fixed;
  • Demonslayer didn't get bonus from progression of favorite enemy, but had bonus against neutral outsider - fixed;
  • Changing your path to the Golden Dragon or Swarm That Walks broke mythic abilities taken in previous mythic levels - fixed. However, players who are already in this situation should respec or load an earlier save;
  • Giving conflicting commands to rider and mount at the same time in RTwP resulted in surprising behaviour - fixed;
  • Additional change to Hal, so that he doesn't attack the player with his breath weapon;
  • Khorramzadeh will no longer have Thundering Rage ability on difficulties lower than Normal. Thundering Rage will no longer grant empower metamagic to electric spells.

Items

• Killing Pace didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Bone Amulet had no effects - fixed;
  • Boots of Stampede didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Added Dinosaur Bone, Jade and Stone to Flesh scrolls to vendors.

UI

• One of bleeding effects was not shown in UI - fixed.

Misс

• Save files that disappeared on macOS should be back now;
  • One of the rare Trickster storyline finales was not supported in the epilogues - fixed;
  • If the player's character sacrificed themselves, the "game over" window was shown instead of the ending - fixed;
  • The "Follow Character" key wasn't working properly - fixed;
  • Fixed the Sadistic Game Design achievement - it is now possible to obtain it;
  • Fixed the issue with the small races sitting inside the furniture in the Drezen tavern;
  • Finnean could start talking before you meet him. Now you will only see his lines in the camp if he is present in your team;
  • Monster descriptions are back in the encyclopedia;
  • Cloth physics added to flags that didn't have it.

Yosharian

Arcane
  • Demonslayer didn't get bonus from progression of favorite enemy, but had bonus against neutral outsider - fixed;
  • Boots of Stampede didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Added Dinosaur Bone, Jade and Stone to Flesh scrolls to vendors.
These are the highlights for me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom