Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
One little snag though: they just have to patch them into reality.
If you think about it - the whole game development process is just patching into reality more and more features.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Khorramzadeh will no longer have Thundering Rage ability on difficulties lower than Normal. Thundering Rage will no longer grant empower metamagic to electric spells.

Poor guy, he's probably a pushover now.
No. His Quickened Chain Lightning still ignores all resistances/immunities and has crazy DC. I could only beat him by turning OFF TB when he activated that ability and run away with everyone until its duration ran out.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
While mounted combat builds on paper seem awesome but in reality I could not get charge to work correctly most of the time; so went with vital strike dude.

Well, since 2 patches ago, mounted combat works pretty great for me.
Or used to, if they broke Spirited Charge...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I want all mythic abilities on all paths to work as expected before starting another playthrough, how long will have I to wait :(

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
While mounted combat builds on paper seem awesome but in reality I could not get charge to work correctly most of the time; so went with vital strike dude.

Well, since 2 patches ago, mounted combat works pretty great for me.
Or used to, if they broke Spirited Charge...

See, the secret is to have like 8 concurrent playthroughs going at once and then each patch, you switch and play the one that works. As a result, you grind your way through the game consistently, but in a relatively random manner.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I just want the inventory, spellbook and character sheets to work properly again. I'm constantly running into the same bug in that once I open one of the mentioned screens, I cannot switch to another character without closing the window, selecting the desired character and then reopening it. It's a pain in the ass and if I want to manage inventory or spellbooks while in Drezen, I have to do a little rain dance between screens so I get to the one I want. Also, equipping items doesn't display properly unless you close the inventory screen and reopen it again. Worse part, if the bug happens and I talk to a merchant, the game freezes, so while it's a hassle, I can work around switching characters, but if I want to engage in some trade, I must first quit to main menu.

I've literally never seen this. Are you using mods or something that might be interfering with it?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Spirited Charge no longer does anything after the patch LOL
Seem now beast attacks first and then you do and you don't get 2x damage... either that or spirited charge does not work with reach melee weapons while on back on a beast.
Edit: just tested with non reach weapon, still no 2x damage... tnx devs.

I've tested this a little. It appears the patch decoupled character charge from mount's charge. You issue Charge command and the mount charges - but the character does not charge, he performs regular full attack, without Charge AB bonus, Spirited or Mythic Charge bonuses.
That's a serious bug!

mediocrepoet

Patron
Spirited Charge no longer does anything after the patch LOL
Seem now beast attacks first and then you do and you don't get 2x damage... either that or spirited charge does not work with reach melee weapons while on back on a beast.
Edit: just tested with non reach weapon, still no 2x damage... tnx devs.

I've tested this a little. It appears the patch decoupled character charge from mount's charge. You issue Charge command and the mount charges - but the character does not charge, he performs regular full attack, without Charge AB bonus, Spirited or Mythic Charge bonuses.
That's a serious bug!

That's interesting. It totally borks cavaliers, especially gendarmes. I wonder what the problem is with forcing both to charge and then basically resolving the charges at the range of the shorter reach (or as they hit their respective reaches - but the shorter reach moves you in closer).

Hell, it'd even be better to simply only have the rider charge like a mounted knight lance charging, it's not like you're expecting horse kicks and bite attacks out of that.

Lhynn

Arcane
I went with axe throwing. You get to always full attack, dual wield and use the frankly broken archery feats.

Supermedo

Augur
So which is better Abundant casting or Ascendant Element for Sorcerer, currently I'm focusing on CC (mainly grease for now) but I don't mind nukeing too.
Also can I respec mythic level later or the game only allow respcing the main levels.

Delterius

Arcane
Also can I respec mythic level later or the game only allow respcing the main levels.
without mods you can't respec without changing the difficulty to below core. which would disable achievements.

i dunno how much nuking to you intend to do? are you an AT casting every turn? you should tend to pivot towards nuking in the following levels and you aren't far from your second mythic rank.

Supermedo

Augur
without mods you can't respec without changing the difficulty to below core. which would disable achievements.

i dunno how much nuking to you intend to do? are you an AT casting every turn? you should tend to pivot towards nuking in the following levels and you aren't far from your second mythic rank.
Thanks, didn't know about the achievement thing being locked if I modded the game, it explains why I didn't get Burning City Achievement because use till healed and enhanced inventory mod.
Eh I'm not into achievement anyways and probably I would replay game but it is really shitty to get achievement disabled in Single player game for using QoL mod.

volklore

Arcane
Is there weather effects in the game (like during big wind/blizzard)? I notice I am getting concealment misses (20 percent) on a lot of enemies that definitely do not have any concealment on. Similarly, enemies are also affected by concealment misses on some of my characters who do not have concealment. I noticed that in the Lost chapel map (which has a snowstorm going during the story mission).
I can't remember any of that happening on my previous playthroughs.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is there weather effects in the game (like during big wind/blizzard)? I notice I am getting concealment misses (20 percent) on a lot of enemies that definitely do not have any concealment on. Similarly, enemies are also affected by concealment misses on some of my characters who do not have concealment. I noticed that in the Lost chapel map (which has a snowstorm going during the story mission).

Weather effects have always been in the game, and in PFK so far as I can recall. It's one of those things that's either annoying or immersive depending on how into the game and story you are at the time :)

Notorious

Augur
Game is even worse than the first one. Somehow forced myself to play through chapter 4 but I'm done now, writing is atrocious, companions are annoying as fuck, game system is still shit.

My Cavalier has AC 40 and the Horse 50, fucking ridiculous. Next you'll have 100 Attack vs 100 AC, what's the fucking point?

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can turn it on/off in difficulty settings. Maybe you upped the difficulty for 2nd play?

volklore

Arcane
Not unless it only is activated on unfair and not on hard. Maybe it's one of those settings that were off by default on difficulties where they should be on before the patch (like respec)? Or it's just as likely that I did not notice it before because I was playing a DC caster and didn't pay much attention to my martial slaves missing a couple of hits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom