Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really wish they had done a midgame or early game dlc in addition to this one instead of just giving us another Varnhold's Lot.
There is nothing to add to the mid or early game. The main hero is no one before retaking Drezen, s/he has to endure Irabeth's stupidity and the Queen's authority. So what - in a "power fantasy" you want to endure some more hours of you being bossed around by creatures without Mythic powers? I don't think so, and, fortunately, it seems neither do Owlcat Games.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I highly doubt we'll end up with a new companion like some people are hoping in that case. I really wish they had done a midgame or early game dlc in addition to this one instead of just giving us another Varnhold's Lot.
I'll take some semi-contrived, semi-baked time plot and give me the opportunity to duplicate an existing companion. 2 x Regill.

:desu:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is nothing to add to the mid or early game. The main hero is no one before retaking Drezen, s/he has to endure Irabeth's stupidity and the Queen's authority. So what - in a "power fantasy" you want to endure some more hours of you being bossed around by creatures without Mythic powers?
Funny enough, Queen has her own mythic powers (even lvl 10 iirc) that were granted to her by Iomedae herself.

Efe

Erudite
Yet she claims to be weaker than you when meeting deskari so its probably not like in adventure path.

Aarwolf

Learned
Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough. Any classes I should avoid due to buggyness? How broken is the crusade campaign?

Avoid Skald, the rest should be mostly fun. If you want and like you can quite safely play as a mounted class, aside from suffering some lost charges (in turn based for me, I didn't play rtwp) it was mostly ok for me.

For crusade you should assign magical aligned general, scorching ray and additional unit ability are a must. Then you should be fine and have most encounters without losses.

Yosharian

Arcane
Skald is more of a support class than a MC class in my opinion but it is a very strong support class.

I would say best MC classes are either a primary spellcaster or a martial e.g. Paladin

Humbaba

Arcane
I would've just like them to add something that makes up for the crappy endgame instead of a space-time sidequest with even more roided mobs after slogging through 5 encounters with the same demons copy-pasted that's about some cosmic dickheads you've never seen before. One can hope for more DLC in the future but chances are owlcat are just going to move on to the next module.

Dragon Age of all things had a good way of dealing with this problem. If you sacrificed your PC in Origins and still chose to use that savefile on the Awakening expansion, the game just automatically retconned you from that Sacrifice Ending. Besides the only problem here is the secret Ascension ending and it's not even that good. The mythic path unique non-Ascension endings are way better.
Yeah, just do that, I don't care. Even with the ascension ending, just have the PC get kicked out of heaven or whatever for any reason.

There is nothing to add to the mid or early game. The main hero is no one before retaking Drezen, s/he has to endure Irabeth's stupidity and the Queen's authority. So what - in a "power fantasy" you want to endure some more hours of you being bossed around by creatures without Mythic powers? I don't think so, and, fortunately, it seems neither do Owlcat Games.
According to the season pass steam page, they are going to release some sort of survival DLC about some random guys making their way to defender's heart, which is going to have consequences for the main campaign. Not like I'm too stoked for that one either.

Efe

Erudite
on the other hand companion roster lacks a skald or a bard so it can fit in better than most

skald was working fine for me in two playthroughs. what exactly was broken?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Angel is so busted that i defeated Playful darkness, solo'd entire Battlebliss and two rounded Mustafen...

YET THEY NERFED FUCKING AIVU INSTEAD

ZanyRelievedKid-size_restricted.gif

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Drezen's shops that were not updating in chapter 5 before now got a new items. For example, tavern:
8IgIe6y.png
Or smith:
sxXrMfu.png
Or temple:
gnZs9Wi.png
Looks like missing Scroll Scribing Kit 9 was just a collateral to the much bigger bug.

A +5 GREATSWORD? THEY ACTUALLY EXIST?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So how is this game compared to Kingmaker? Did they improve upon the UI and balance? Does it railroad the player as much as KM did? As in, is there a Tomb of Vordakai like thing where the player is forced to fight a Soul Eater because the enemy somehow knows the player's name, and 2 of your party members go full retard and start blurting out their names to the crow that's clearly up to some shit? That's then followed up by one of your party members just leaving, who happens to be the only Councillor you have available?

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
there are no advisor slots, cards have 2 always available responses on top of extras unlocked by companions and paths (which are usually better).

by rating yes I wanted to confuse you.
its not as bad as kingmaker but there still a path you must take and game can be a bit heavy handed

Humbaba

Arcane
Angel is so busted that i defeated Playful darkness, solo'd entire Battlebliss and two rounded Mustafen...

YET THEY NERFED FUCKING AIVU INSTEAD

ZanyRelievedKid-size_restricted.gif
I don't see why they felt the need to nerf anything, this isn't an online game.
So how is this game compared to Kingmaker? Did they improve upon the UI and balance? Does it railroad the player as much as KM did? As in, is there a Tomb of Vordakai like thing where the player is forced to fight a Soul Eater because the enemy somehow knows the player's name, and 2 of your party members go full retard and start blurting out their names to the crow that's clearly up to some shit? That's then followed up by one of your party members just leaving, who happens to be the only Councillor you have available?
No something like that doesn't happen.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
there are no advisor slots, cards have 2 always available responses on top of extras unlocked by companions and paths (which are usually better).

by rating yes I wanted to confuse you.
its not as bad as kingmaker but there still a path you must take and game can be a bit heavy handed

Thanks, at least it's an improvement.
I didn't really mind the advisor system that much, it's just that they didn't really give you many to choose from unless you want to spend several thousand gold for mercs with bad advisor stats.
Which wouldn't have been so bad if the game wasn't insistent on taking them from you and locking them into specific roles for arbitrary reasons. Why can't Bartholomew be a magister? He's a mage, isn't he? Shouldn't Jubi also be eligible for a curator, since he's basically a scientist? Why couldn't Tristian be a high priest? You get the idea.
It would have been so much better if any character could take any role, but their competence depends on their stats, class and traits.

Like, Jubi could be a councilor, but he's going to need a lot of Wisdom, anyone can be a priest but unless they're a cleric they take a malus, etc.
Dropping the advisor system was probably for the best, as it does simplify matters.

Humbaba

Arcane
I didn't really mind the advisor system that much, it's just that they didn't really give you many to choose from unless you want to spend several thousand gold for mercs with bad advisor stats.
Which wouldn't have been so bad if the game wasn't insistent on taking them from you and locking them into specific roles for arbitrary reasons. Why can't Bartholomew be a magister? He's a mage, isn't he? Shouldn't Jubi also be eligible for a curator, since he's basically a scientist? Why couldn't Tristian be a high priest? You get the idea.
It would have been so much better if any character could take any role, but their competence depends on their stats, class and traits.

Like, Jubi could be a councilor, but he's going to need a lot of Wisdom, any cleric could be a high priest, etc.
Dropping the advisor system was probably for the best, as it does simplify matters.
Yeah, like Efe said, you just get a couple of choices to resolve a given issue and sometimes you even get nice items out of it. As for railroading, the game does not really railroad you more than most other cRPGs, and in terms of cnc and reactivity it is a major improvement. Like, there is no comparable instance to ordering the doomsayer to be executed, only for him to not be executed for no discernible reason. There are also no horrible kickstarter backer OC quests that lead to nothing. You even get the option to kill most named characters in the game if you really want to, for some people that's a sign of quality.

Humbaba

Arcane
It's my second favourite dungeon tbh even the difficulty spike isn't so bad, if you don't go there too early.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Like, Jubi could be a councilor, but he's going to need a lot of Wisdom, any cleric could be a high priest, etc.
Yeah, like Efe said, you just get a couple of choices to resolve a given issue and sometimes you even get nice items out of it. As for railroading, the game does not really railroad you more than most other cRPGs, and in terms of cnc and reactivity it is a major improvement. Like, there is no comparable instance to ordering the doomsayer to be executed, only for him to not be executed for no discernible reason. There are also no horrible kickstarter backer OC quests that lead to nothing. You even get the option to kill most named characters in the game if you really want to, for some people that's a sign of quality.
Yeah, stuff like that happens too often in Kingmaker. I just got to the part with the Hellknights, and as a good Lawful Neutral king I ordered their leader to be arrested for you know, assaulting my subjects when I'm pretty sure I told them to be discrete in their investigation. She just walked off and the guards were like durrrrr. Not even a fight with consequences afterwards, just nothing.
What was the backer quest? It wasn't Vordakai was it? Because that is a really poorly designed dungeon with an obscene difficulty spike. Armatag's tomb was so much better.

Edit: No wait, it's the Hellknight quest, isn't it? Because I just spoke to Drevan and apparently the Lawful Neutral option is to make a deal with him. You know, the guy who flat out admitted that he killed a noble and took part in a rebellion, the antithesis of what being Lawful is about. That was...confusing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom