Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Will Desiderius spam this thread, too?

Lodis

Educated
There seems to be a lot of good shit hidden behind Perception checks in this game, even moreso than Kingmaker.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Love character creation. Lots of choices even thoguh some of the options are either simple padding or just plain dumb.

The opening leave a lot to be desired. Definitely at the bottom of rpg openings.

And, the npc voices - espicially that paladin - holy fukk NO.

Playing a dwarf (duh!) stonelord paladin.

I'm guessing they don't allow you to purchase the ability to create other pcs to join the party because they know players will not willingly choose to play with their retartet npcs first time through if given the option? LMAO

"They were probably hoping many PoE1 fans would feel the same, which apparently wasn't the case and they fucked up by requiring you to know the story of 1 to play 2."

IMAGINE THAT. IMAGINE FUKKIN THAT.

Play/watch a part 2 and the creator having the GALL to expect you played/watch the first one.

FUKK OFF.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Love character creation. Lots of choices even thoguh some of the options are either simple padding or just plain dumb.

The opening leave a lot to be desired. Definitely at the bottom of rpg openings.

And, the npc voices - espicially that paladin - holy fukk NO.

Playing a dwarf (duh!) stonelord paladin.

I'm guessing they don't allow you to purchase the ability to create other pcs to join the party because they know players will not willingly choose to play with their retartet npcs first time through if given the option? LMAO
You can recruit custom companions after the tutorial dungeon IIRC.

Mojobeard

Augur
Rerolled and found out about the steppe nigger ranger option. VGH.... the movnted archers of the Finngol hordes... I think I'm sticking with this.

And is there really so many demons in this game that they needed to split them into three different favored enemies? :lol:

Anybody playing this on a HDD? Curious if the loading times are better or worse than in the first game.
It's much better than in the first game.

panda

Savant
Hehe...

WByyAiB.png

Will probably go either assasin or duelist later

dacencora

Well, people complained about the Spelljammer opening in BG3...
This is another level.
I blame Critical Role.

I haven’t had time to launch the final version of the game but I’m assuming the “supah epic” beginning is the same as the final alpha where
there’s some insect dragon or something in the market square

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Have to say I don't like linear, combat-heavy starts to a game. I can see this being really annoying on subsequent playthroughs.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I haven’t had time to launch the final version of the game but I’m assuming the “supah epic” beginning is the same as the final alpha where
there’s some insect dragon or something in the market square
It's literally the start of the game.
Well, people complained about the Spelljammer opening in BG3...
This is another level.
lol yeah. In the first 15 minutes
there's a demon lord killing a dragon transformed out of its human form, and a dead angel somehow gives you its powers.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
And Seelah turned invisible…

Don’t know about you guys but I’m getting quite a bit of bugs.

Jinn

Arcane

Haven't had anything but a few awkward character model movements in the 5 hours I've been playing.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Haven't had anything but a few awkward character model movements in the 5 hours I've been playing.
I’ve had like 3 crashes, and some other bugs that caused me to restart. 2 hours in.

Jinn

Arcane
I’ve had like 3 crashes, and some other bugs that caused me to restart. 2 hours in.

Haven't had a single crash and I've even been alt-tabbing out on occasion to peek at this thread.

Are your graphic drivers up to date, computer dusted out, etc?

Endemic

Arcane
Load times aren't too bad considering I have it installed on a (4TB) 5400rpm HDD.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Lovin' it so far. Paralyzed by choice, I've gone for a boring old Eldritch Scion, probably going Azata mythic. Gameplay wise, what can you say? It's Owlcat's Pathfinder, snazzed up a bit. It really looks amazing, and this iteration of the game has inched that bit closer again to full spinney-rotatey 3-d looking as good as the gorgeous pre-rendered backgrounds of Deadfire, which is the benchmark up till now - I think we can safely say it already looks better than POE's pre-rendered backgrounds.

Same old Pathfinder too, in the sense that the writing is sometimes better than degenerate appearances would lead you to initially anticipate. Wendaug is a pretty interesting character. (Someone commented on the big thread about muting the voice-acting. As with PFK it's hit and miss - some of it's fine, like Wendaug, some of it's lisping JAPs, thick-lipped nogs stumbling over big words and cucks trying to act alpha. The female narrator has a bit more gravitas than the one in Deadfire, at least.)

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No crashes, no glitches, no issues with loading time or frame rates so far. Thinking some people are playing this on potatoes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom