Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I guess I'll stick with mercs until the better NPCs come along, although I don't find Ember interesting already. Woljif is amusing enough
Woljif is a faggot.

I wish the mercs didn't cost money. It's like the devs are punishing you for finding these incredibly shitty companions annoying.

That said, the fact that people are willing to pay 4500 gold a merc really says how horrible Owlcat is at writing likeable characters.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
nPTPi1j.png

And I thinking that Kingmaker allows you to have a lot of undead servants...

He actually did it :(

He always does it. Now, how much time till this thread gets 1k pages?

Robber Baron

Savant
Woljif is a faggot.
I wish the mercs didn't cost money. It's like the devs are punishing you for finding these incredibly shitty companions annoying.
That said, the fact that people are willing to pay 4500 gold a merc really says how horrible Owlcat is at writing likeable characters.

I still find him amusing for now
That said I'll probably boot up cheat engine for that merc money

Shadenuat

Arcane
My least favorite vo is Seelah, when shehavEFOUNDSOMETHING and some other gasps.

She's written too tryhard for my taste, everything about her is offputting for some reason
It can be said about many companions. Plug should have been pulled half through every text dump, writers seemed to just spam their fanfiction non stop. Ember is great because she doesn't say much. And she nice.

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Should one play with "Only active companions receive experience" and "Only skill user receive skill check experience" on? They are off by default.

Is it possible to turn off the voice acting? It destroys immersion for me.

Robber Baron

Savant
It can be said about many companions. Plug should have been pulled half through every text dump, writers seemed to just spam their fanfiction non stop. Ember is great because she doesn't say much.

It's her visuals also, the clown troupe is just not complete without a black female paladin, a mutilated demon mutant that quips and a burned elf that "talks in the mysterious ways".
Literally "my team to save the Golarion" tier
Fuck it
I'm making a squad of merc soldiers and battle mages to save me sanity thank you very much

jf8350143

Liturgist
The random encounter is really annoying, it happens way too often and provide with little to no challenge and reward.

ChildInTime

Learned
Seelah doesn't have a memedon anymore, it's a horse now. I actually liked that big cat.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Hows the difficulty for turn based? Hard for first playthrough?

Definitely easier than playing with RTwP.

How comes the first merchant sells magic armor but not a single fucking quarterstaff? I swear to God, in every other RPG I usually end up with a full inventory of those damn things 17 minutes into the game and the single time I actually plan to use the stiff, there's no one to be found at the very begining. This must be trolling.

Loog

Novice
Hard to report bugs on the official forum when the bug report section is flooded by people who can't bother to understand game mechanisms and think it's a bug ...

:negative:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Should one play with "Only active companions receive experience"
This does nothing if your party is full (outside of withholding xp from inactive characters that is), but if it isn't you get more xp for the active characters. The min-max-y way to do it in Kingmaker was to turn it off before getting 5 companions and then turn it on after that. The initial companions will be missing xp at first and will be lower level than you (f.e. you go get Linzi from Tartuccio after Oleg's, she'll be lvl 1), but you can compensate that very fast. It seems you get almost a full party 15 minutes into Wrath, so I'm not sure if it's worth bothering with. It's only worth doing if you a) solo or b) don't play with a full party and want to stick with the same companions throughout the game.

Looks like Wrath continues the tradition from Kingmaker where you have "woke-ish" characters like Anevia, orc-lady and muh queen, but they're all incompetent. Seriously, did the queen ever won a crusade?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom