Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
TB breaks so many encounters. Breaking game mechanics to overcome bullshit odds was never this fun since Gothic

Zumbabul

Savant
Has any of our russians checked if there's any difference between russian and english writing? I wonder if the writing is as cringy in russian as it is in english.

I'm curious too. Translator inserting woke BS is not something new.

To my knowledge, owlcats wrote the text for Kingmaker in English. Then they outsourced translation to Russian to some other company. Probably, they did the same for Wrath.

In my opinion, Russian text in Wrath feels less awkward than English. I have a feeling that the person who wrote English text has English as a second language, while the person who translated to Russian has Russian as a first one.

Don't know about cringe, I try to avoid any dialogue options that have even a hint of romance.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Broke his dildo in the cave because it was EVUL.

I broke him, because Wenduag's dog broke his ankle twice in a row, so he died like a blch.

Seriously, you're supposed to be mentored by that pile of fail? No wonder the entire mythic path is fucked.

Sunri

Liturgist
How to trigger the last event?
iyvVybV.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stinking cloud works.
I saw an argument about that on a reddit thread that google brought up about this fight. The truth seems to be that it works but in the majority of the cases only the weaker gargoyle hunter variants (the vanilla and the Fiendish) will fail the Fortitude checks. The clerics and the half-fiend gargoyle hunters have 10 and 8 fortitude respectively.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sigh... looks like Owlcat's coders never learn...

Good old and very nasty bug where state of triggers persist globally between save games instead of clearing on the game load is back with vengeance.

I have already encountered it twice - first time in Leper's Smile, where penalty to Crusade Morale for looting was still applied after reloading the game and second time with Wolgif quest start in ch3 when replaying cultist cutscene auto-fails the whole quest.

And it is really, really mean bug for a people like me, who autistically check all available options is some event with excessive use of Quick Load.
At least same workaround with closing the game and "clean" replay of events still works...
:cry:
And now I need to figure out how to describe this shit in bug report.
Restart the game between loading savegames I guess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ya know. They should have hired Lacrymas. He probably would have done a more convincing job with writing the gay characters. LMAO!
Eh, Pathfinder isn't a gay setting. As in, there's no real difference between the gays and the straights in this setting. If I were writing a romanceable character in this setting, I'd make them a polygamist with no intention of settling down in a heteronormative-like family relation (two parents + children). You can see how pointless characters like Anevia and Irabeth are. They are a run-of-the-mill heterosexual couple, just in a tranny lesbian disguise. The most radical romanceable character in WotR is Camellia imo.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I just got Regill in my party, he is interesting but build is terrible. Too much Dex, terrible feats, focus on exotic weapon.. wtf
I might need to respec him.

Please just try to make him work one playthrough before doing this. Some of it is dependent on equipment yes but the whole thing does come together beautifully. Do what you need to to Fight Reduced without being encumbered (and make sure to keep Crusader’s Edge up) and you’ll be very happy.
Only if someone can tell me he gets some ability later that turns his Dex into damage...

You certainly can but it’s unnecessary. He gets most of his damage from Force, Holy, and Divine and big crits.

First time I played him I went Power Attack and Cornugan into Shatter and Dreadful which is very solid but haven’t even bothered lately because he generates so much with Leading Strike and Crusader’s edge. There are Bracers that increase Off Hand and Gloves that are Dueling Gloves with an added bonus.

Being able to fight Reduced gives you +2 to hit and +2 to AC so it’s like a Crane splash without losing a level. You wear Mithril Full and with the Armor Training end up with 6 or 7 DEX bonus and 40 base speed.

He also has a +2/+2 favorite meal. He has a scaling AoE Morale bonus to hit/dam/and AC 1 min 3 uses which is a lot in thus setting. The AC is rare. He can now choose a Domain with one of the Disciplines which unlocks Impossible Domain Mythic which lets you choose any Domain in the game.
Even with that he has one feat extra that is useless, fighter finess...

It’s not useless. It lets him fight Reduced which gets him to Tiny which might be half dam or something? Anyway he ends up with quite a bit more DEX than STR which works well with the Heavy Armors available (see Staunton’s) and Armor Training.

AB is gold in this setting with all the incidental damage so it’s giving you like five or six AB if you’re fighting Reduced. Hardly useless.

Desiderius

Patron
I play with a Paladin MC and bring with me Seelah (Bard), Sosiel (pure Cleric), Ember (pure Witch), Nenio (Wizard/Loremaster), and Woljif (Rogue/Vivisectionist). Before recruiting Sosiel I had Camellia (pure Shaman). I multiclassed Seelah because I didn't want two Paladins in my party, but her stats are almost identical to those of my MC so everything would be identical with her as a pure Paladin and my MC as a Bard. Woljif is a Vivisectionist because I find the Rogue class a bit boring, but it would work even with him as a pure Rogue or Lann as a pure Zen Archer in his place. I'm still on chapter 2 and, apparently, things get worse in later chapters, but if you people are complaining about the Gray Garrison I can't really trust your opinion on the subject.
You make me consider rerolling the game. My party is apparently not adjusted to Core difficulty well enough.

I played as a traditional monk and didn't reroll anything and I died once in the gray garrison before the final boss bugged out. I don't think the issue is your party unless you rerolled your companions in really stupid ways.
Could be a wrong composition and spell choices for the cave gargoyles combat. Physical damage works best against them. They are immune to most crowd control, except Slumber/Sleep - Pit, Web, Grease and Entangle all don't work. But even when Slumber works, you don't have time to Coup de Grace them because those moronic knights go in and punch or hit them with arrows which wakes them up :D

Bring non-Good characters. Main challenge is SR (you can use high DC Slow scrolls or just Rainbow Pattern if you can get through that). Make sure you’ve got Relic and robe from Wolj.

Or just buff and slay. They can’t hit much without Smite. Bookworm Headband on Wolj is good.

Glitterdust bypasses SR. Does Cloud?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok i thinks the game is bugged real this time i tried to talk to everyone i drezen but nothing is happening great

Desiderius

Patron
Ok i thinks the game is bugged real this time i tried to talk to everyone i drezen but nothing is happening great

Known rare bug. Should clear on reload/restart. Haven’t seen since early beta where it didn’t clear.

Thonius

Arcane
Has any of our russians checked if there's any difference between russian and english writing? I wonder if the writing is as cringy in russian as it is in english.
This is stupid, and I will not do it. I believe the game was mostly written in English and then translated to Russian, so expecting some silver bullet just because you have different script is naive.

Again: if you want a Russian game play a Russian game. What residential Turk recommended: Black Book, Encased, this stuff. Owlcat Games are Russian in a sense that they expect players to have numeracy skills, extract information from written texts and apply it to the game; on more superficial level - not that much.

I'm just curious if there are differences in style of the writing between russian vs. english.
Well, I believe they in fact wrote it in Russian then translated to ENG, they used a hilarious amount of modern lingo. It was gyga 4th wall breaking I changed it to ENG, it felt more serious that way.
Maybe it's different in release, maybe I should try it in RU again.

Thonius

Arcane
Hmm I just tried to respec Regill and the retrainer only let me change his last level.. I want to change his feats and stats from lvl 1...

That's how it was in Kingmaker too, this will let you do full respec on companions:
https://github.com/BarleyFlour/RespecMod

You will need UnityModManager for it.
WARNING if you respec you'll lose your learned spells! So if you took the wrong feat just edit it out via ... what's it's name.... toy box mode?

Why does her portrait look like that her model is great but this portrait oh no :mixedemotions:
EYXkAJn.png
Kinda make sense, Iomedae is a mortal ascended, a woman fighter, so its unlikely she's drop dead gorgeous.

She looks better on wiki it seems that she got tanned from all ten sun in her portrait
422px-Iomedae.jpg
Even the wrath of righteous cover art have characters massively different from their in game counterpart. Look at ember for exemple, completely redesigned, i dont know what happened.
I can't find her :shittydog:
The little girl with white hair on the bottom casting.

VwgcX9rGopuCRPuwwYwrAW-1200-80.jpg
They also made daeran extra gay looking, before it was just some dud.
Why can't Bloodrager take Bloodline Ascendence? Bug?
Are you sure it's bugged? I think bloodrages bloodline thingy shows only during rage. Or you just CANT take it in lvl up menu?

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the game, very much enjoyed it overall.

Had a few issues crop up towards the end but nothing game breaking. Quite eager to replay, but I think I'll resist and give the game a couple of months to get patched.

Interestingly enough, Fanta seemed to get bad endings for most of the companions. The only ones that seemed to get negative(ish) endings in mine were Lann, Regill and, arguably, Sosiel.

Some queries/thoughts (end spoilers):
The ending implies it's possible to save Irabeth in Iz. How do you achieve this?

Is it possible to save Sosiel's brother in the Abyss arena?

I've heard talk of a secret path with Areelu Vorlesh. It did seem like there were more options here, I ended up killing/sacrificing her and then asking Pharasma to forgive her in the epilogue.

Sunri

Liturgist

Had a few issues crop up towards the end but nothing game breaking. Quite eager to replay, but I think I'll resist and give the game a couple of months to get patched.

Interestingly enough, Fanta seemed to get bad endings for most of the companions. The only ones that seemed to get negative(ish) endings in mine were Lann, Regill and, arguably, Sosiel.

The ending implies it's possible to save Irabeth in Iz. How do you achieve this?

I've heard talk of a secret path with Areelu Vorlesh. It did seem like there were more options here, I ended up killing/sacrificing her and then asking Pharasma to forgive her in the epilogue.
Yes you can save his brother just let him hit sosiel in the arena

Thonius

Arcane

Because he was rude to them? Also, why would you want to save the most incompetent character?

Parabalus

Arcane

Yes you can save his brother just let him hit sosiel in the arena

Becomes a permanent companion, pretty nice guy.

You need to be nice to mommy and make crystals out of the demon lords by shooting them with Midnight bolts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom