Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I will have no hippies in my party.

Druids are powerful fun

iu

Lol, never been a fan of the class, just messing with Volly here. Now, Rangers, on the other hand...

edit: I edited inside the spoiler

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Barkskin is actually ubiquitous. Monks get it, Shamans get it, I'm sure certain Witch and Sorcerer archetypes get it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"LEARN TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION YOU RETARDED CUNT"

These "" have been symbols for quotes and quoting for a long time amigo.

How would a barbarian know this. You are afraid of words.
Robert E Howard in The Jewels of Gwahlur said:
"In his roaming about the world the giant adventurer had picked up a wide smattering of knowledge, particularly including the speaking and reading of many alien tongues. Many a sheltered scholar would have been astonished at the Cimmerian's linguistic abilities."

Woe to thee that even a savage can fare thee outdone in erudition.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"LEARN TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION YOU RETARDED CUNT"

These "" have been symbols for quotes and quoting for a long time amigo.

How would a barbarian know this. You are afraid of words.
Robert E Howard in The Jewels of Gwahlur said:
"In his roaming about the world the giant adventurer had picked up a wide smattering of knowledge, particularly including the speaking and reading of many alien tongues. Many a sheltered scholar would have been astonished at the Cimmerian's linguistic abilities."

Woe to thee that even a savage can fare thee outdone in erudition.

An exception that proves the rule with you savages. :rpgcodex:

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Does someone know how to trigger the option to upgrade your units available for hire ? So far I had the option to upgrade my archers and cavalry but I'm not sure what triggered it but I'd like to upgrade my foot soldiers.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Losing your entire turn in TB because movement bugged out, wow, such difficulty.
So you're betting all of the encounter on just 1 turn? You are very smart.

When the bug happens (often) you're potentially losing even multiple rounds - if you try to charge again from the same position (with clear straight route towards the enemy).
Either that or you can give up and attack normally (single attack without charge bonuses) OR loose another turn trying to reposition and praying it would work next time.

Guess I'll try always switching to real time to execute charges during combat.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But if you loose a turn due to a charge attempt went wrong, you've usually lost it.
Is it good tactics to alpha strike encounters and then reload if it fails? Kind of reminds me of trying to apply blindness through reloads until the save is beaten.

Charge is not only for alpha striking, you know. Actually alpha strikes work pretty well now - in combat charges often fail.

Zayne

Scholar
- Delay Poison just to not get fucked by your own Stinking Cloud if nothing else
- Anti-Fire stuff because demons
- Death Ward because negative energy shit
- Anti-Fear because fear auras
- Barkskin because it's one of the best AC buffs
- And of course Mirror Image/Blur/Displacement because they beat high AC anyway
-True Sight(Communal) because enemy likes Mirror Image/Blur/Displacement too
-Heroism (Greater) because every single AB counts
-Mind Blank (Communal) because demons like to fuck your brains up
-Various stat buffs because sometimes you don't have all belt/circlet bonuses
-Magical Vestment because it's still bugged
-Freedom of Action for frontliners
-Hurricane Bow/Aspect of the Eagle for Arueshalae
-Animal Growth for your pet
-Angelic Aspect for your cleric/paladin
-Legendary Proportions for key fights

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
But if you loose a turn due to a charge attempt went wrong, you've usually lost it.
Is it good tactics to alpha strike encounters and then reload if it fails? Kind of reminds me of trying to apply blindness through reloads until the save is beaten.

Charge is not only for alpha striking, you know. Actually alpha strikes work pretty well now - in combat charges often fail.

The movement bug I was referring to has nothing to do with charges. I think it was related to being mounted - Sometimes the mount just fails to move through the tiniest obstacle, gets stuck, stutters for a few seconds and then ends your turn. I also had issues doing a full attack or even a single attack at times despite being right next to an enemy and repositioning with 5 foot step.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
What's bugged about Magical Vestment?

I'm assuming it allows you to go above the +5 limit, give that it doesn't apply to the item?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Just cleared Lepper's Smile.
I think I will go Demon -> Legend.
Anyone did SWARM mythic path? Is it actually cool, or just stupid gimmick path?

Shadenuat

Arcane
5+ attacks per turn, with enough attack bonus to guarantee hits against my ~35 AC dudes and dealing 30-50 damage per hit
Yeah I am fighting same in tutorial now. Minus attacks. Dart throwing mongrel bros doing 20 damage per shot (no crit).
Veteran goatfuck clereks, +20 atax, 40 armor, 2 times over your hp damage.

Both Cam and Lann drag you horribly down early, because no dex to dmg and no composite yet. Seelah into Cavalier works well enough though (Pike-girl).

Their solution to enemies never buffing was to just give em those buffs as permanent effects. Russian engineering at its finest.
They aren't permanent - can be dispelled. Even demon true seeing which, probably should be a natural ability and not dispelled tbh.

I'm assuming it allows you to go above the +5 limit, give that it doesn't apply to the item?
Assume it gives enhancement bonus to armor, just like turning weapon into +1 with 1st level spell should; but instead it just stacks with everything.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Their solution to enemies never buffing was to just give em those buffs as permanent effects. Russian engineering at its finest.
They aren't permanent - can be dispelled. Even demon true seeing which, probably should be a natural ability and not dispelled tbh.

Granted - Although it's still silly to start a fight and see enemies with all the good combat buffs already in place. At least give the player a chance to interrupt them, not like they don't have a good chance of casting the buffs anyway with their inflated stats.

Also I'm fairly certain stuff like Dispelling Strike for sneak attacks is, of course, bugged and doesn't do anything.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I love owlcat but come on. Pierre, a single guy managed to make a AI extremely better than any other CRPG.

Are we talking about the same man who pits half-naked level 5 (at best) party against skeletal dragon, spawns enemies behind you in every second fight, heaps a ton of "free action" abilities on all notable enemies, has each hostile caster prebuffed with all with all spells they theoretically have access to without any care in the world for the spellslot count, forbids you to prebuff party with even simplest shit like Protection vs Elements at the same time... and... and...

...Homebrewed ridiculous Prismatic spell that randomly attacks all saves at once and programmed all higher level mages to spam it in endgame?

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Close to chapter 4 end and it's meh overall. High points of the game were -
1. marketplace, where you are afraid of what awaits you around the corner, with gradual introduction of new demons actually deadly for low level group.
2. mountain climbing after gargoyle attack.
3. assault on Drezen, where game peaked in epicness still staying sane.

After that they thrown everything from the window and it's just "open the door, meet random combination of overtuned demons, kill them all, repeat." I'm bored.

Zayne

Scholar

It shouldn't stack with magical properties of your armor/shield.
So if you're level 20 in +5 armor and cast Magical Vestment, you get nothing.

But the Owlcats don't differentiate between base armor bonus and enhancement armor bonus for magical armor, so you can slap +5 from Magical Vestment on top of your +5 armor.

Not that I'm complaining - those bonuses compensate for things that are bugged in a bad way.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
In act 4 now, and the 'optional' bosses are starting to get pretty absurd
5+ attacks per turn, with enough attack bonus to guarantee hits against my ~35 AC dudes and dealing 30-50 damage per hit. How are you supposed to last even a single round next to something like that? So far I'm just resorting to skeleton summoning spam while peppering them with magic (lack of uncanny dodge is their one true weakness)

Most of then lasts many minutes. Is a problem? Yes. But is not as seriously as people portrait.
Spending 5 minutes buffing when entering every map and after every rest is pretty tedious. There's no real decision making either, you'll almost always slap down the same buffs.
People farther in the game than me correct me, but I think ~AC 35 is low on act 4. Also 5 attacks per turn was something I've seen even in act 2.
It might very well be, but barring insane minmaxing with mercs, I'm not sure how to get it much higher. Take these:
JgZ9UN9KZzPe.png

Now clearly this is not fully buffed (but also there aren't that many more buffs that give ac afaik, especially that stack with what I have), and it's not (ab)using things like monk bonus and neither have I spent every feat on AC, but this is still what I would consider a decent AC investment.
Both of these characters went from full hp to 0 in a single full attack from the enemy. After I had dispelled haste and one or two other buffs from it. That seems way too powerful to me, and makes me consider booting both of them so I can fit more (skeleton) summoners in my party. Admittedly checking stats on reload, the enemies attack was exactly +35 attacks so another 5 or 10 points would have a huge impact. But the enemy also has 50 AC, and it would be nice to not have hits only on a natural 20.

Otherwise please give tips on how to increase their AC. I know both have kinda bad enchantment bonus, but I haven't found any better full plate.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
This is low even for Chapter 2.
You miss clerek buffs, high deflection and armor enhancements, potential class and feat buffs etc. And being very smoll probably.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom