Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sheepherder

Augur
Due to the untimely death of Mythic Weapon Finesse Crossbows, I'm no longer interested in ranged weapons. It's just not the same without +20 damage...
How well does the Tricker + Vital Strike build play out in practice?

Axie

Scholar
Firs reviews are in and not even close to DOS2

Game journalists liking DOS2 is a indicative that DOS2 is bad, not that it is good.

Oh you're already damage controlling before the reviews hit I see.

Yep. Larian is popular among game journos like this guy who could't play the enhanced editions in story mode.

So what. Game journalists loving a game is a point against the agme, not in favor of te game. BTW, the game is in top 1 global seller. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

As he said, no quest marks, need of passing a test to play and NO FUCKIN' RED CARPET for...
Also, “no one told you to...”

Mauman

Learned
Due to the untimely death of Mythic Weapon Finesse Crossbows, I'm no longer interested in ranged weapons. It's just not the same without +20 damage...

Having just finished such a playthrough on core, I'd say it plays out very well.

Starts very strong (assuming Rowdy Rogue start), balances out with other options till early/mid-way through chapter 3, then snowballs from there into complete absurdity.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
it seems that demon path leads to inceldom :argh:
YH942c0.png

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In the Beta, next to the exit from gargoyle treasure cave in Chapel:
9iCoRgF.png

LOL

Btw, from what I've saw, Owlcat doing a big graphical sweep through many locations, adding environmental clatter and tweaking the light sources. And nuking previously perfectly lootable containers, of course.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vavakia Soul Crusher breath does damage THROUGH walls.

ROFL

I wanna see the devs of this game play their own fucking game on Core difficulty. I seriously do. I want to see them smile as this kind of shit happens to them. It'd be like seeing someone eat a turd, and then smile while little rivulets of shit splinkle through their teeth.

Can't believe I backed this trash. I'm pretty fucking sure Owlcat will have to dish out the RPG of the century to see another cent from me. Fucking Christ...

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I completed all the domino puzzles, and they were atrocious. Took me a headscratching amount of time to realize the exterior tiles were only determined symbol exclusibity and that order did not matter. Now I am trying to solve the heart of mystery one and I have no goddamn clue what the logic is supposed to be here. I decided to go pick the solution online, but even with the solution under my eyes, I just can't figure this shit out.
I didn't even bother trying to figure it out. I just copied the solution and went to do more fun parts of the game. If I wanted to play a puzzle game I would go play that new Bard's Tale game.. that I have not played yet even after buying it through KS.

Last edited:

proxon

Educated
I'm on a lich run now, and when ever i cast Repurpose space bar stops working:D Also there is still a boulder with a name Citizen in Ivory Sanctum, fucking Russians i can't believe i gave them money

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm on a lich run now, and when ever i cast Repurpose space bar stops working:D Also there is still a boulder with a name Citizen in Ivory Sanctum, fucking Russians i can't believe i gave them money
Keys that stop working can be fixed by exiting to main menu and then loading the save again.

Sharpedge

Prophet
There is also a Citizen with the name Boulder in the abyss. I am fairly sure the names got switched at some point.

volklore

Arcane
When is beta coming out of beta, I am annoyed by not having mythic favorite persistent metamagic
It's not in the beta. they only added bolster :D. I spammed bug report tagged as 'critical'. Idk if confirmation bias but I did that with ode to miraculous magic not giving will based DC and it made it in the beta so who knows.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
In the Beta, next to the exit from gargoyle treasure cave in Chapel:
9iCoRgF.png

LOL

Btw, from what I've saw, Owlcat doing a big graphical sweep through many locations, adding environmental clatter and tweaking the light sources. And nuking previously perfectly lootable containers, of course.

How does that party works without haste (or you made someone a bard? I see good hope).

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How does that party works without haste (or you made someone a bard? I see good hope).
Seelah is the Skald and I'll replace Regill or Lann with Wolgif when he is back.

My biggest plight in Wrath - I hate Nenio so much that I live my live without proper Arcane caster. And I do not want to use mercs yet.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's... really desperate.
I really wanted to like Ember, I really did. But her spell selection... ugh... apart from farting and sending some shinnies at the enemies, there's almost nothing there...

So I benched her. Nenio does the arcane duty, while Cam gives enemies the Evil Eye. At least she can offtank and be a mild DD/backline protector too.

volklore

Arcane
Ember is okay as a fire blaster, she doesn't need much to get going. I like favorite metamagic quicken on her as well so she can hex, cackle and cast a ray. From mid act3 some of my favorite turns were Hex - Cackle - Quickened enervate/Dispel/scorching ray (with optional maximized rod). She's a strong debuffer but yeah she can't really be your arcane spell provider of choice. She's more like a support that can blast things when her buffing/debuffing isn't needed. Or you can go boundless healing and quicken cure spells instead.
If Loremaster was working as intended and allowing you to pick spell secrets it could fix a lot for her since you only need like 8-10 lvls of witch to get all the hexes you'd want, and where you'd want them to be.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
That's... really desperate.
I really wanted to like Ember, I really did. But her spell selection... ugh... apart from farting and sending some shinnies at the enemies, there's almost nothing there...

So I benched her. Nenio does the arcane duty, while Cam gives enemies the Evil Eye. At least she can offtank and be a mild DD/backline protector too.

Honestly i preffer to not have a Arcane Caster than using Nenio. She's so boring , so annyoing. I hate how she's one of the few Kitsunes in the game too.

purupuru

Learned
I found Ember much more useful than Camellia once she gets hellfire ray. Many companions can offtank, not many would make an equally good ray blaster, and targeting touch AC is big in this game.
Nenio really is too useful, Woljif and Ember (or Aru if you want Barkskin) can easily replace "Camellia the helpful girl" but no one can really replace Nenio.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, maybe I need to multiclass Ember to an AT. Past level 8 she basically has what I need from her Hexes.

Sheepherder

Augur

Having just finished such a playthrough on core, I'd say it plays out very well.

Starts very strong (assuming Rowdy Rogue start), balances out with other options till early/mid-way through chapter 3, then snowballs from there into complete absurdity.
I was thinking of going either Mutation Fighter or 2h Fighter and using that greataxe with 18-20 crit threat range. How's rowdy AB? I'll probably play on Unfair and am a bit concerned 3/4 BAB non-gish classes will struggle against enemies that are immune to shaken.

Also, after toying around with items, it looks like the dagger which you find during one of the companion quests, which adds 2 extra attacks does stack with haste but only if you equip it in offhand. So +1 full bab attack from haste and +2 full bab off-hand attacks from dagger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom