Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread - now with Through the Ashes DLC

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    What? Armour training isn't broken...

^ Top  
  3. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Sounds a bit like what was happening in the pre-launch beta.

^ Top  
  4. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Scalemail gives +3 max dex bonus. Fighter lvl 3 gives one level of armor training that should increase that to +4. Character with 18 dex only gets 3 ac from dex, both in the character screen and combat log.

^ Top  
  5. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    That's interesting, I know I had it showing up properly with other armours. I wonder if it got rebroken with a patch, if it works with some armours and not others, or what. I've only checked it on a base fighter though, was it a pure fighter that you were using?

^ Top  
  6. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Yeah, base fighter 3, slayer 1 (I know it's an odd mix). Others have reported it on the owlcat forums as recently as a couple of days ago. I have not logged into the new beta patch to see if it was fixed and just missed in the notes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Okay, so there is a ring that gives COLD spells of all kinds, there is ring hidden in fane that gives all acid/stone powars, there are bracers that give electricity spells (all of those give spells for you if you spontaneous caster) Is there an item that gives fire magic? This is kinda like powerrangers lol.
    Boreal Might, Earth Unleashed, Stormlord's Resolve and X?

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. ga♥ Arcane Vatnik

ga♥
    Salamander ring, bought by the cleric in Drezen

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Kinda sad I expected it to be a belt or something... 2 rings, bracers + another item +elemental barrage.

^ Top  
  10. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    If you sub in for one of the ring elements through your class spells / abilities, you can do it anyway.

^ Top  
  11. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It would be pretty dope if after upgrading to 1.1.x the rest of the challengers will die from unexpected circumstances.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Complete and utter [​IMG]
    They've repeated the exact same shit design mistakes from Kingmaker.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. panda Savant

panda
    For me Armour training was one of the abilities that always worked correctly. But IIRC there were plenty of such "bug" reports ever since Kingmaker's initial release from ppl with 7-8 str chars, who could not bear the weight of their own potions.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    That's true, if you're at medium encumbrance or more, your dex bonus is limited to 3 no matter what you're wearing.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Well, now I feel dumb. Was 1lb over light encumbrance. Much appreciated.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Sharpedge Cipher

Sharpedge
    Its worth noting however that if you have Oracle Dex to Cha and you are wearing heavy armour with heavy armour training, you will not receive a bonus above +3, regardless of your encumbrance.

• Informative Informative x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. cw8 Arbiter

cw8
    Sucks to the dungeon, but the final boss in there seems fun.
    Show Spoiler
    Is Areshkagal the hardest boss/fight in the game? Almost seems like a WoW boss raid.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Yeah but what if I want to have it all and for free? :^) For example oracle with buffs, abundant casting, and all 4 elements spells.

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    Don't get me wrong, I think this game is very good and I enjoy playing it a lot.

However, playing in RTWP mode and contending with doors and pathfinding can be very, very frustrating. Almost enough to get me to switch to playing in turn based from now on when inside buildings.

I've lost count the number of times over my 5 or so times playing through the Gray Garrison that my NPC ally wizards have blocked doorways or spawned in position between me and the enemy after climbing stairs.

Even my own characters have an annoying habit of standing in the wrong place.

I just wish there was a function that pushed allies out of the way when trying to sort out movement while in combat but outside of enemy melee threat range.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. volklore Arcane

volklore
    Unless using some of the buggy features like mounted combat, turn-based works alright for me. And if it gets stuck (sometimes does) switching back and forth between RT and TB usually fixes it. RTwP seems worse in this game than in kingmaker. Terrain layouts feel tighter than in KM which creates more pathfinding annoyance, large units have huge hitboxes making selecting stuff annoying. I also have a weird bug that the pause button on spacebar stops working from time to time which usually leads in a reload... There is this weird bug that if you leave mount and rider ai on they just run amock not caring for any instruction, and their ai retoggles automatically all the time for some reason. I've used both back and forth in my playthrough and TB always felts smoother and more fun and as far as difficulty go they are about the same although they have different strength and weaknesses.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ga♥ Arcane Vatnik

ga♥
    Bug or intended?

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Sharpedge Cipher

Sharpedge
    Unless there is some obscure rule I am unaware of, bug.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    I started playing around a bit with the beta patch. Two bugs I've noticed so far are that the Rahadoum Faithless background isn't available (though I think that bug may have been introduced awhile ago because I recall seeing it and then not) and that you can't skin anything, whether people are trained in nature lore or not. So all those monitor lizards were showing loot bags on the map and had the silhouette of their hides there but I couldn't do anything with them.

Some good things about the beta patch are that I've seen some new types of dismemberment (either that or I convinced myself that I did) and that before, some enemies would spawn inside one another or move inside one another causing some weirdnesses - now they spawn separately and will stop and wait if the door they're trying to go to is blocked, etc.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• retadred retadred x 3
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.