Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Draconis

Liturgist
Is this better than Kingmaker? The second half of that game and especially the end game drained my will to live.

purupuru

Learned
Damn it, they patched out Kaylessa's loot. If you kill her in Chapter 2 (Chapter 1 as well I assume), she no longer drops a composite longbow +3 but gives "wooden scrap" instead. The +2 leather armor is still there though.
Why, owlcat why?:argh:
I wasn't even trying to murderhobo, I just conveniently failed a perception check and did the reasonable thing!

Reloaded and checked again, I was wrong. The bow is there if you kill her with the option after the perception check, regardless of whether the check fails or not, but if you back out and kill her with the "Evil" option the bow breaks. I looked closer and the text actually says she tries to block your blow with the blow and it breaks (even when it doesn't), so this has been a bug all along I guess?
Time to Alt+B

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've got the bow in chapter 1 yesterday. So no need to delay doing reasonable thing)
Looks like this quest proceed to its conclusion in chapter 3 even after her death. So true murderhobos could get their juicy loot from both elves.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is this better than Kingmaker? The second half of that game and especially the end game drained my will to live.
I'd say "definitely yes", but I am comparing rtwp only km against this. No idea how they'd fare with both in tb mode. But I will say that the mythic paths add a lot, as does having a single storyline running through all acts.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking for best Throwing axe build for Unfair

(with Weapon finesse, so Dex based)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Looking for best Throwing axe build for Unfair

(with Weapon finesse, so Dex based)
Throwing axes are ranged weapon and are automatically using Dex for attack but Str for damage. I don't think you can turn damage into Dex as well, it needs to be a melee weapon for that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Supposedly Throwing Axes are benefitting from Manyshot. And most of the Skald stuff works with them too. I wonder if you can use Mythic Weapon Finesse to make them go off DEX entirely... (They stopped that working with bows, but...)

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I've got the bow in chapter 1 yesterday. So no need to delay doing reasonable thing)
Looks like this quest proceed to its conclusion in chapter 3 even after her death. So true murderhobos could get their juicy loot from both elves.

So you kill her in market square and you still get attacked by the other guy?

Draconis

Liturgist
Both games are great and no last chapter is worst part of the game but is not as repetitive as Klangmaker.

The game is absolutely awful, and any of your abilities (including the will to live) will be drained on multiple occasions.

I'd say "definitely yes", but I am comparing rtwp only km against this. No idea how they'd fare with both in tb mode. But I will say that the mythic paths add a lot, as does having a single storyline running through all acts.

Thanks, I will get it when it's on sale next time. My craving for a cRPG outweighs my will to live anyway.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
WHYNOT.png

Sure, why not

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking for good build advise for Dex-based throwing axe build (via Fighter and Mythic finesse).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Near the end of the game, just need to march on to Threshold.

However, it is blocked by a level 12 fortress. My main army is still only level 12.

Any quick way to level up my main army aside from skipping days to additional reinforcements to my army?

Is there any major downsides to simply disabling Crusade management at this point? I don't want to spend another 100+ hours on just Crusade army battles.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
However, it is blocked by a level 12 fortress. My main army is still only level 12.

Any quick way to level up my main army aside from skipping days to additional reinforcements to my army?

Is there any major downsides to simply disabling Crusade management at this point? I don't want to spend another 100+ hours on just Crusade army battles.
The level of your army is irrelevant. As long as you have enough units to survive a turn or two, only your general matters. I've used a level 5 army for the entirety of chapter 5.

Camel

Scholar

The level of your army is irrelevant. As long as you have enough units to survive a turn or two, only your general matters. I've used a level 5 army for the entirety of chapter 5.
The Owlcat devs who designed the whole crusade(HOMM 3 ripoff) mechanic must be sent to Gulag and I tried to be merciful.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Interesting, well I guess I better get them marching then.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

The Owlcat devs who designed the whole crusade(HOMM 3 ripoff) mechanic must be sent to Gulag and I tried to be merciful.

Lmao, yeah it definitely needs more tutorials for sure. Or at least some more streamlining.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Near the end of the game, just need to march on to Threshold.

Army level is irrevelant, especially if you have a caster general. Even if you don't have a caster general you can use crusade mode spells to weaken enemy armies or buff yours, those abilities change according to your table choices.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
HOMM 3 ripoff
More like HOMM V when Owlact was Nival.

I wish.

HOMM V was the pinnacle of the series. With personal Initiative alongside speed (fast units could move like 3 times per 1 move of slow units, like treants... Haste/Slow/Initiative boost/delay sheningans were present and VERY strong), robust hero skill wheels and different hero focus/mechanics depending on race - strongly connected with racial abilities on the units of that race.

Here we have something that's closer in complexity to HOMM 2 - but also infinitely less balanced.

ArchAngel

Arcane
One quick fix for army I would do is make Infirmary per day instead of per battle, it makes clearing maps way too easy and fast. Number of battle per day is limited only by your movement speed as Infirmary makes loses irrelevant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom