Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread - now with Through the Ashes DLC

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Alienman Alien/Man Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Just curious about length of game. So far I get the impression it is massive, bigger than Kingmaker. I'm in chapter 3, fairly early and I'm already 50-60 hours in :?

Are the remaining chapters as huge?

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Chapter 3 is the biggest one, but both act 4 and 5 are larger than act 1 and 2. I got a bit more than 100 hours in my finished playthrough.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I beg you pardon?
    It gets bonus feats on level 1 and every even level - like the regular fighter. It gets Weapon Training at level 5 and upgrades every 4 levels - like the regular fighter.
    The only thing its missing is the armor training. But gets Mutagen at level 3 and Medical Discoveries every 4 levels thereafter.
    Not sure, but maybe you can even trade them for Combat Tricks to spam even MOAR feats then a regular fighter has.

Not that you'd want to. You get extras like Bite attack, Feral Wings, potentially up to 75% Fortification.
    No, I don't think it looks good for the vanilla Fighter.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    I just figured I would come into this thread to see what the debate on Paladins is.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    At level 20 you also have like +4 AB, +4-7 damage and +7 CMB and CMD over that vanilla Fighter. Also higher HP total. And potentially Heavy Fortification and/or Bite attack & Feral Wings.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Not sure if my post was somehow unclear, but it is definitely a very good subclass and an upgrade on vanilla by quite a distance. What I meant is that it became sort of like a new vivi and a lot of people seem to treat it like those stat and na bonuses jump at you right out of the gate, when the better mutagnes are quite far down the line, which is definitely a factor to consider, same as with a lot of other popular things (like going naked etc).

^ Top  
  7. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Mutation Warrior is a good 5 level dip for some martials for the 3 extra feats, Mutagen and Weapon Training that could be boosted to +3 with gloves.
    I would rather call whole Archmage Armor thing a theorycrafting trap because:
    1) it is only +5 - 9 until the late Chapter 4 due to Mythic Level progression over main story.
    2) First 4 Mythic Feats tend to be extremely important for 99% of builds in the game, so wasting them on 1-4 extra Ac is awful.
    3) Game is extremely stingy (after Kingmaker) with Physical/Mental Perfection items and +Some Stat items that is not in Belt/Helm slots in general. I have never seen +6 and +8 Belt of Physical Perfection in the game and + 6 Mental Stats tiara's appear only in Chapter 5. There is also amazing helmet that competes for the head slot:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

So it not that sunny for all those MAD builds who are STR-based melees but want to go for high unarmored AC with high DEX/CHA.

Well, at least if you are not filthy bug abuser who can't leave home without Glory domain or three stacks of different Mutagens.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    I usually combo it with Sohei for extra attacks on Trained Weapons. The Mutagen is a nice extra on top of the fighter bonus feats. Only +4 to a primary stat and +2 AC, but still neat.
    Not sure if 5 levels still qualify as a "dip", but I consider them very worthwhile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Ok, so it is a good munchkin class to combine with Monks. Noted. I also agreed about that. But not everyone wants to play a Lawful character or cares for maximum numbers. This is why pure fighter is cool and armor training is nice for most of the game. I really don't care what lvl 20 or even lvl 19 or 18 gives. This game is finished by end of Act 4, Act 5 is just mopping up.

^ Top  
  10. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    For me, the most of the use from this archetype came from 3 level dip Mutagen Warrior on Greybor to fix his god-damn-awful build and make him tiny bit more useful with archery feats for dual-wielding throwing axes.

Similar thing could be done with Woljif with only difference that he actually makes a damn good dual-wielding thrower. But I still achieved best results by reclassing him into Dragonheir Scion for extra proc of Elemental Barrage from Acid Arcane Strike and Frost Axe early:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But he got 24h long Angel buffs in this run and anybody is a monster under them.

• nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Interesting build, why did you pick the Slayer levels though?

^ Top  
  12. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    I really wanted Slippery Mind at some point in early Chapter 4 to fix his lackluster Will saves. It was closest way to it without BAB loss and I've got Studied Target + 1 on top.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Slippery Mind is really powerful on Wolfjit, not so on Greybor, especially if you cast Legendary spell on him.

^ Top  
  14. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    whats the best background for a mutation warrior (using greataxe)?

^ Top  
  15. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Yes

"If you ignore all the things that are better than full plate, then full plate is the best"

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    I would have taken something that turns Use Magic Item into class skill, for Scrolls and Mirror image wands. But it is useless with dumped CHA. Or Pickpocket, for +2 Initiative.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Lumberjack I guess.

^ Top  
  18. D_X Ridi, Pagliaccio Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I usually take pickpocket for +2 initiative unless I really want a specific skill as a class skill or some other benefit such as Aldori background for Dueling Sword proficiency.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    CH3 is by far the biggest but a playthrough is about 100+ hours. Granted, crusade mode pads a lot of that time.

Good, because Radiance is in the game but also bad because there already is a paladin companion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    i wanna use a big iron on my hip not the toothpicks aldori use.

^ Top  
  21. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Gunslinger's not in the game tho :(

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Any news about the DLC for this one? Still waiting for the "complete" game before starting a playthrough (100h+ investment is a luxury those days...)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Cryomancer Arcane Glory to Ukraine

Cryomancer
    CH 3 of this game is the most open, is like CH 2 of Baldur's Gate 2. You can rush to MQ and end quickly or play for dozens of hours.

You can rush Ch 3 and left most quests to ch 5.

Till moment, no. But according to hltb, WoTR is just 57 hours long > https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=83856

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    No word of DLC but they were planning on an even more epic scale DLC like Throne of Baal.
    Wrath is much shorter than Kingmaker, can be fully completed in 80-90 hours depending on how austic you are at crusade part. (games worst part in my opinion)

^ Top  
  25. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    You could probably spend 57 hours in the character creator alone

• Prestigious Prestigious x 5
    • Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.