Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread - now with Through the Ashes DLC

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Is anything of interest lost by putting the crusade stuff on automatic ?

Inconsequential Debates. Jubilost gets a curse that forces him to say "tentacles" every ten words.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    There is nothing of interest lost if you don't play the game. :smug:

^ Top  
  3. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    I know, and in fact, I haven't touched the game since October of last year. But sooner or later, I'll probably get the dumb idea to give it yet another chance. So I'd like to lessen my suffering by not having to play a mini-game that's very similar to what HoMM 3 would have been like had it been made by a team of especially retarded apes.

^ Top  
  4. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well, don't? You're a reasonable, rational adult; surely you can act according to your level of intelligence and not play something you do not want to play.

On a complete tangent: I would suggest anyone to check Haplo on Reddit. I am just checking this https://old.reddit.com/user/haplok/ once or twice per week. For some reason he manages to uncover really hilarious threads like the most recent whine about Playful Darkness.

I know that this is off topic, but anyway.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes afaik. You miss out on some of the mythic path stuff (I hear that stuff like lich just won't be able to progress their mythic quest), and you can't do the secret ending. I'm guessing it means you also never get any teleport circles anywhere, so you need to walk the overworld map more.

Just get a mage general and cast scorching ray on everything.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They got done automatically after some main quests.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Riiiight. The devs were really proud of that one then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Nikanuur Learned Patron

Nikanuur
    Act IV reminiscence.

Show Spoiler
    I wanted to guide my party through the Abyss very considerately, being an Azata and all, constantly being reminded by my companions how carefull I must be. I haven't even started to understand how to plan the Nocticula audience the best way, when I was forced to free my dragon from the Slave Trader. One thing led to another, I was suddenly forced to massacre one third of Alushynirra O.o What a fight, my party already weary and almost out of spells, suddenly facing 5 Thanademons, 6 semi-bosses, and countless other mid-high demons and demon guards. Good thing I've bought all the mass heal scrolls just a moment before. And even then, I've finished the fight in a last-man-standing fashion. Phew, what a thrill. I don't know what is going to happen in other parts of the town now.

This is an unfathomably good piece of constructing on the Owlcat side. There are apparently many ways how to get through to Nocticula. For a playthrough as a chaotic-good character, this unforeseen mayhem resulting in a (wink wink) fewer-demons-scenario is a gamegasm.

Edit: Then again, "considerate" and an Azata... erm... okay :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    It was the best companion quest in Kingmaker. Although the best part was a nod to BG1 with two trickster brothers that got turned into talking chickens.

^ Top  
  10. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    It was a funny quest, whimsically humorous, but with that sinister edge you always have when dealing with the Fey -and quite well-written.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Is there any in-lore reason why Ember is the size of a grown woman or is it just a case of the devs not bothering giving her a slightly shorter model?

^ Top  
  12. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Ember is 109. She was born the same year when Worldwound was opened.
    Elves are considered adults around 110.

Technically, there is no reason for her to be noticeably shorter than a full-grown adult. And elves are almost head taller than a humans in Pathfinder.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    UH OH REACTIVITY ALARM

When you're about to ambush the dragon in Greybor's quest as a Gorum enjoyer you get the option to go "THIS ONE'S FOR YOU GORUM!", which results in you getting a buff called Gorum's Blessing that enlarges you, gives you loads of temporary HP and I think gives you perma rage and a bunch of other stuff, the buff itself has no description of what it does. Makes the fight trivial at any rate.

Also when you get the fang of malice and talk to Ciar, you get an additional religion check to tell him that there's no way you're destroying Gorum's relic.

I see. But if she's only one year short of being an adult then why does she act like child still? She's not retarded is she??

^ Top  
  14. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Not retarded (as a condition one born with) but she totally nuts after being burned at the stake.
    Game even tell this directly with Staunton comment:

So yeah, Ember not really a child per se, but more like a late teen with a crippling mental illness.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Things she say and do are more sensible, deep, logical than things 99% grown-ups and "normal" people say and do in their lives.
    She is character with deepest philosophy, total enlightment out there.

p.s.
    Because you do not understand Ember, maybe it is you who have problems. But not her, this is for sure. Ember is symbol of being sane and human being.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    What exactly you found retarded?
    Converting demons to good side, which was never done before and was thought to be impossible?*
    Or making cultists join your side too? Someone even main character cant do, he can kill cultists, but not make them allies and fight for him.

*Yes, Aru was convered by Desna, but Desna is powerful goddess.

^ Top  
  17. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    True enlightenment is indistinguishable from madness. IRL as well.

Ember is like a Trickster, but you cannot get into her head to see the reasoning behind her efficient insanity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Sunri Arbiter

Sunri
    Ember romance when?

• Disgusting! Disgusting! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nikanuur Learned Patron

Nikanuur
    I haven't noticed the game mentioning that Ember should be so profoundly forgiving, goodness-preaching and all as a result of the trauma. Is it mentioned? Wasn't she like this all the time actually? I can imagine, how this would stress the shit out of an ordinary medieval soldier to the point of wanting her burning.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    A Cease and Desist order from 'muricans if Ember romance.

^ Top  
  21. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    No, people call her nuts because of her uncomprisingly forgiving attitude, which extends to literal demons. There's no reference of her being actually insane or being normal prior to her burning. I wouldn't even know of a mental illness that causes you to be nice.

You're reading too much into things. I was just wondering about her childlike behaviour when she is supposed to be a young adult age wise.

True, despite being an in-universe atheist she is abrahamic af.

"Your honor, she may look like a child but she is actually over 100 years old."

^ Top  
  22. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Didn't work for anime.

^ Top  
  23. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    Just don't lewd the loli pls

^ Top  
  24. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    I have already gave you one reference where she is called insane in clinical sence and here is the second, from the "Narrator":
    Come on, this girl is not wearing any shoes and does not remember her own name, despite being around 40yo when Hulrun tried to burn her during the Third Crusade. She may be very, very special - but she is not sane with any stretch of definition.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Humbaba Arcane

Humbaba
    1. Staunton is not the word of god and furthermore your enemy.

2. The second description is very obviously taking the point of view of the mob's superficial perception of Ember and is in no way indicative of her actual character.

She definitely isn't "normal" but not crazy. Her worldview is coherent and her preaching actually works.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.