Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
Delterius isn't a martial class better for a Trickster? Or do you want to play a Trickster caster as the part of the plan or RP?
It's the RP that constrains me. Trickster goes around doing magic tricks all the time. I also favor arcane casters personally. The roadblocks I face are:

Perception 2 is too good a pick at mythic rank 4 and nothing can really compare. Unless you're a melee character going Mobility or something. It's full benefit is only online by level 19.

UMD 2 is actually useless. Wands can't penetrate shit. If UMD 2 allowed you to use your own Spell Penetration and DCs with Wands, then it would be golden.

Religion 2 has recently been fixed but, frankly, Clerics can already get extra domains can't they? Two extra domains for the better part of the game is not very impressive.

Arcane Knowledge 2 and more offers no benefits for casters. Like wtf.

Greater Mythic Tricks come online to late it's not worth thinking about them. Especially the second one.

Trickster used to be much worse for casters. At least now you can get stronger rays. But it's boring IMO.

Humbaba

Arcane
The industry has been falling for the China market meme for years at this point. With the rise of autism sports fat retard olympics e-sports, mobas especially devs and companies have got it into their heads that China is somehow a big potential customer, ignoring the fact that 1. Chingchongs pirate everything under the sun 2. only play Mobas and little else 3. will be one of the oldest populations on earth thanks to the CCP's dumbass autogenocide policies, whereupon their famed economic strength will collapse and China will become a third world shithole with a subpar GDP and ethnic unrest tearing the country apart. The same thing happened in Japan (minus the unrest and GDP, the only reason why Japan has not become a shithole itself) and it is absolutely inevitable.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
e: That said, maybe the CCP Version of the game will actually be good. :smug:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60138866

China changes Fight Club film ending so the authorities win
Published
1 day ago
_123010146_fightclub_alamy.jpg
IMAGE SOURCE,AF ARCHIVE/ALAMY STOCK PHOTO
Image caption,
Brad Pitt played the anarchic Tyler Durden in Fight Club

The ending to cult 1999 US film Fight Club has been removed for viewers in China, and replaced by a screen with a message saying the authorities won.

The original ending saw Edward Norton's narrator killing his imaginary alter-ego Tyler Durden, played by Brad Pitt, before bombs destroyed buildings in the climax to a subversive plot to reorder society, dubbed Project Mayhem.

In China, before the explosions, a message now says the police foiled the plot, arrested the criminals and sent Durden to a "lunatic asylum".

The new finale tells viewers: "Through the clue provided by Tyler, the police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals, successfully preventing the bomb from exploding.

"After the trial, Tyler was sent to lunatic asylum receiving psychological treatment. He was discharged from the hospital in 2012."

Director David Fincher's film has recently been added to streaming platform Tencent Video, and Human Rights Watch described the changes as "dystopian".

Chuck Palahniuk, who wrote the 1996 novel that Fight Club was adapted from, wrote sarcastically on Twitter: "This is SUPER wonderful! Everyone gets a happy ending in China!"

_123008360_gettyimages-88076187.jpg
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Fight Club director David Fincher pictured with actors Brad Pitt and Edward Norton at a 2009 awards ceremony
The author added on Substack: "How amazing. I'd no idea! Justice always wins. Nothing ever exploded. Fini."

Dissident artist Ai Weiwei also posted a link to a story about the changes, with the question: "What Would Tyler Durden Say?"

US senator Ted Cruz, a Republican representing Texas, wrote: "The second rule of Fight Club is 'we will do and say whatever the Chinese communist censors tell us to do and say.'"

The changes were flagged up on social media by outraged viewers who had previously seen pirated copies of the original.

It's not uncommon for Chinese censor to make cuts to Western films, but it's more rare for them to change an ending.

Some social media users made light of the new Fight Club ending.

Deskari would win in the China version

Of course the Chinese would cheer for the locust demon.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I know Russians are basically Mongols but what is this constant "Lunar New Year" shit everywhere. Fuck off with this cheap Chink pandering. I doubt they play or even comprehend western RPGs in the first place.
Do you really care enough to get butt hurt over this? It's a sale, just buy what you want. No one expects you to thank and praise the Chinese for every purchase you make while getting 20% off because of a Chinese festival

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I know Russians are basically Mongols but what is this constant "Lunar New Year" shit everywhere. Fuck off with this cheap Chink pandering. I doubt they play or even comprehend western RPGs in the first place.
Do you really care enough to get butt hurt over this? It's a sale, just buy what you want. No one expects you to thank and praise the Chinese for every purchase you make while getting 20% off because of a Chinese festival

Steam Sales have been garbage for years. If anything Im butthurt they're directly catering to the Chinks with their Tian Xia shit.

Humbaba

Arcane
Bad news lads, I don't think I got what the game considers the "true romance" with Wenduag. Going over the guide again, I was supposed to get a cutscene after a random rest, where my guy talks to her about her daddy issues or something. I never got that because I probably picked a wrong dialogue option somewhere idk. Good news is that while I am pissed at my own inability to follow a fucking guide, I can't say I'm disappointed with how the romance turned out in the end. In fact, I like it a lot better than the other one.

From what I've seen of what Lagole posted here earlier, the """true""" romance ends up portraying Wenduag as an unstable and insecure loser whose daddy issues you cure with a good dicking (or scissoring, if you're gay). I specifically remember that one corny af line that went like "PLEASE DADDY GIVE ME PERMISSION TO BECOME A NICER PERSON" (paraphrasing btw) and that torpedos her whole character. Before, she is a hardass with a soft side, but now she is a pathetic poser that merely put up a convincing front. The problem is, you don't get into the Wenduag business for the emotional support gig, that's what Arushalae is for. You go for Wenduag for the boss bitch appeal, the tender moments you do share with her becoming all the more meaningful in contrast. She is the warrior gf for high test players LIKE ME, looking to take a break from the usual lovey dovey romances the genre is full off.

Fortunately, I got the conclusion to the romance I wanted, more or less on accident. I think this is just the regular romance ending. You still speedball the poison, pass out and have a chat when you wake up but instead of "DADDYYYY YAAASSS" Wenduag stays true to her character, telling you that, while she still thinks love is a sham, you mean the world to her and that while she still hates people, you're the one guy (or girl, if you're gay) she wants to be with. And if that's not the cutest shit then I don't know what is. She manages to articulate her feelings according to her own principles and stays herself, ultimately proving that she is strong after all.

No idea why the other variant is considered the better one. Goes to show how wrong a writer can get their own character.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Delterius isn't a martial class better for a Trickster? Or do you want to play a Trickster caster as the part of the plan or RP?
It's the RP that constrains me. Trickster goes around doing magic tricks all the time. I also favor arcane casters personally. The roadblocks I face are:

Perception 2 is too good a pick at mythic rank 4 and nothing can really compare. Unless you're a melee character going Mobility or something. It's full benefit is only online by level 19.

UMD 2 is actually useless. Wands can't penetrate shit. If UMD 2 allowed you to use your own Spell Penetration and DCs with Wands, then it would be golden.

Religion 2 has recently been fixed but, frankly, Clerics can already get extra domains can't they? Two extra domains for the better part of the game is not very impressive.

Arcane Knowledge 2 and more offers no benefits for casters. Like wtf.

Greater Mythic Tricks come online to late it's not worth thinking about them. Especially the second one.

Trickster used to be much worse for casters. At least now you can get stronger rays. But it's boring IMO.
You pretty well explained why martial classes are better for a Trickster. Could you play as a melee sorcerer (/ Dragon Disciple?) / Eldritch Knight? Then you will have spells, the critical feat line will become useful, and you will bash demons with a big stick. The critical feats will be even more useful with the Eldritch Knight's capstone ability.

Delterius

Arcane
trickster stuff.

Playing as a transmuter arcane caster / trickster is good in your opinion?
Not particularly no. Trickster has nothing that improves spell DCs or some inherent bonus to Spell Penetration. What you can get for your magic is x4 crit damage on rays and the completely normal metamagic. And you'll only get all 4 feats by level 19. Beyond that it's perks all the way down. If you want to play a Wizard play an Evoker and spam Hellfire Ray.
You pretty well explained why martial classes are better for a Trickster. Could you play as a melee sorcerer (/ Dragon Disciple?) / Eldritch Knight? Then you will have spells, the critical feat line will become useful, and you will bash demons with a big stick. The critical feats will be even more useful with the Eldritch Knight's capstone ability.
Nah, at that point I might as well play a melee character rather than an awkward gish.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Known issues:
  • When creating a new character, the character’s model is missing for now;
  • After entering some locations in Drezen with their skeletal companion, Lich won't be able to exit - fix is coming soon.
The fuck are these idiots doing?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't played the game yet, but I still wish the DLC happens after the main story.

I wish some of these newer isometric games would do larger scale expansions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom