Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't played the game yet, but I still wish the DLC happens after the main story.
The first DLC for Wrath takes place after the main story. It is written in Owlcat's announcement.

The English, do you read them?
Named the Inevitable Excess, the upcoming DLC will take players on new adventures that await just before the moment of their greatest triumph: victory over the Worldwound.
???
upload_2022-1-28_10-51-9.jpeg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bad news lads, I don't think I got what the game considers the "true romance" with Wenduag. Going over the guide again, I was supposed to get a cutscene after a random rest, where my guy talks to her about her daddy issues or something. I never got that because I probably picked a wrong dialogue option somewhere idk. Good news is that while I am pissed at my own inability to follow a fucking guide, I can't say I'm disappointed with how the romance turned out in the end. In fact, I like it a lot better than the other one.

From what I've seen of what Lagole posted here earlier, the """true""" romance ends up portraying Wenduag as an unstable and insecure loser whose daddy issues you cure with a good dicking (or scissoring, if you're gay). I specifically remember that one corny af line that went like "PLEASE DADDY GIVE ME PERMISSION TO BECOME A NICER PERSON" (paraphrasing btw) and that torpedos her whole character. Before, she is a hardass with a soft side, but now she is a pathetic poser that merely put up a convincing front. The problem is, you don't get into the Wenduag business for the emotional support gig, that's what Arushalae is for. You go for Wenduag for the boss bitch appeal, the tender moments you do share with her becoming all the more meaningful in contrast. She is the warrior gf for high test players LIKE ME, looking to take a break from the usual lovey dovey romances the genre is full off.

Fortunately, I got the conclusion to the romance I wanted, more or less on accident. I think this is just the regular romance ending. You still speedball the poison, pass out and have a chat when you wake up but instead of "DADDYYYY YAAASSS" Wenduag stays true to her character, telling you that, while she still thinks love is a sham, you mean the world to her and that while she still hates people, you're the one guy (or girl, if you're gay) she wants to be with. And if that's not the cutest shit then I don't know what is. She manages to articulate her feelings according to her own principles and stays herself, ultimately proving that she is strong after all.

No idea why the other variant is considered the better one. Goes to show how wrong a writer can get their own character.
#1 You got serious issues when you are so obsessed with imaginary romance options in cRPGs
#2 Men that like warrior GFs that act and look more like men are actually Gays deep inside or cucks that like to be dominated by others
#3 See #1

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
#2 Men that like warrior GFs that act and look more like men are actually Gays deep inside or cucks that like to be dominated by others
Like it's a bad thing.
... OK gay boy...
Thank you. It's good to feel young again.
But I still hate those fucking dominoes and nothing will change it now.
It brings back memories of the USSR and people playing domino in the courtyard with a bottle of vodka under the table. Good times.

Need more domino puzzles.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
  • Aivu’s caster level has been reduced, but she can now wear bardings instead;
  • Reworked Aivu's Frightful Presence ability so that it can be now activated and deactivated;
THEY NERFED AIVU , NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEY SAW THAT SHE WAS THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER AT USING DISPELL AND NERFED, MOTHERFUCKERS
punch-ground-nero.gif

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER AT USING DISPELL
yer forgetting Aeons, Tricksters, and Merged Spellbooks
I don't waste time using Dispell with a actual characters lmao. Why use Dispell as Angel when you can just Spam Bolt and Storm of Justice? The best dispell is killing those motherfuckers.

Aivu as a animal companion i would just use her Breath weapon then spam dispell and heals.

ArchAngel

Arcane
THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER AT USING DISPELL
yer forgetting Aeons, Tricksters, and Merged Spellbooks
I don't waste time using Dispell with a actual characters lmao. Why use Dispell as Angel when you can just Spam Bolt and Storm of Justice? The best dispell is killing those motherfuckers.

Aivu as a animal companion i would just use her Breath weapon then spam dispell and heals.
Lich is best dispel character.

Humbaba

Arcane
#1 You got serious issues when you are so obsessed with imaginary romance options in cRPGs
#3 See #1
Low test illiterate beta detected

Humbaba

Arcane
I haven't played the game yet, but I still wish the DLC happens after the main story.
The first DLC for Wrath takes place after the main story. It is written in Owlcat's announcement.

The English, do you read them?
Named the Inevitable Excess, the upcoming DLC will take players on new adventures that await just before the moment of their greatest triumph: victory over the Worldwound.
???
View attachment 22597
That's weird, in the other description it says you import your character from after victory over the Worldwound.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So mutagens are no longer getting benefit from enduring spells?

When those changes go online, I'm gonna have to consider respeccing my main char angel from Enduring Spells (mainly due to Sword of Heavens change). Though they would still be useful for buff spells.
Oh well, guess I'll be somewhere near end game by then.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Lich is best dispel character.

No, is not. Aivu could get 35th caster level. Lich is capped at 30. Sure, devour magic still a amazing spell in dispelling but Aivu has higher chance of dispelling enemies. Or to be more precise HAD(now she is nerfed)

Point is moot. With angel 30 CL was enough to dispell effectively on bosses on hard, having 5000 CL is overkill.

Humbaba

Arcane
I have still not found any evidence that the storyteller is a homo. I don't think he refers to his buddy Kiny as anything other than his friend. Nothing gay about enjoying a nice glass of wine with your homies alone in your wizard tower.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how many notes the guy needs to finish his quest? People say you don't need all of them but I am only missing the one from Enigma and Threshold I think and I'm starting to get worried because I need him to read the lexicon for me, because I didn't spec into world knowledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom