Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

volklore

Arcane
I am also sure there will be stuff breaking the woke narrative of some characters later on as well. In kingmakers, all the woke characters got some counternarrative. Amiri lied about killing a giant with bare hands (most of her backstory is a lie), Valerie is obsessed with her scar and beauty just like most wamen, Octavia can turn into a Psycho and her free-form relationship with regongar ( CE orc) is shown as being completely fucked up. I know I hated the companions at the start of KM and I ended up liking most of them at the end. So I am expecting similar things for wrath.

Saravan

Savant
Btw funny how our resident horny lich in bg3 thread is "gaem starts with lvl 1 character captured by mind flayers! IMPOSSIBRU!" In Wrath lvl 1 character pew-pew from xir crossbow literal demon lord i.e. godlike being and survives "nah, it's ok. happens all the time"
BG has a particular connotation to it, there is something we expect from these games.
Wrath openly stated it's a TOB munchkin game.

And by the way,

you will learn about that crossbow shooting in Chapter 3+.

Unlike in Pathfinder, they're not willing to trust you with their entire backstory upon first meeting you.
But Kamelia does not trust you with her actual backstory when she meets you, for example.

It's not that her or other meh characters are good.

The problem is that your people arguments against them are even worse.

Reinhardt was pointing out the hypocrisy of how Victor spent hundreds of posts on BG3 thread complaining about how the game is too epic but of course resident fanboy here sees it as yet another opportunity to defend the flawless game of the ages that is Wrathfinder.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just reached the end of Act 1, because I have no time ...

They have made the Minagho battle a joke, that one was actually hard before you basically went full super saiyan

Robber Baron

Savant
The writing is simply bloated, I skip 80% of the dialogs because you can understand every wall of text by just reading first two phrases. It's amusing and even interesting at times, but very disconnected from the what is going on on the screen as well. People who grew on anime write like that.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But Kamelia does not trust you with her actual backstory when she meets you, for example.
I know that. I said so earlier. I'm talking about others. Almost all of the others. From the paladin to the orc dyke - who isn't even a companion, but spends forever dumping tons of info (except the super secret of her tranny husband, I know).
It's not that her or other meh characters are good.

The problem is that your people arguments against them are even worse.
He says, so frantic in his defense of a video game that his grammar is breaking down.

So now you admit that the characters aren't well written, but take issue with us for pointing it out.

Ok.

Parabalus

Arcane
I am also sure there will be stuff breaking the woke narrative of some characters later on as well. In kingmakers, all the woke characters got some counternarrative. Amiri lied about killing a giant with bare hands (most of her backstory is a lie), Valerie is obsessed with her scar and beauty just like most wamen, Octavia can turn into a Psycho and her free-form relationship with regongar ( CE orc) is shown as being completely fucked up. I know I hated the companions at the start of KM and I ended up liking most of them at the end. So I am expecting similar things for wrath.

Completely true, all the wokeness is frontloaded.

Probably as review bait.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is it just me, or doe the graphics look abit blurry at max settings? I turned off Bloom and SSR, and that helped.

Also, im getting low fps... what settings are you at? And does your game look abit blurry/washed out? And how did you fix it?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
The "If you want a better reading read a book" is a seriously flawed expression when used on RPG. I agree. Though it is very fitting if, for example, people bicker about writing in FPS or an action game that has got its own aspects right. And this sadly happens in reviews to a notable degree. Nevertheless, I don't find the writing bad, I've had chuckles, inspiration, revelations, and the characters have character. I like the Staunton's premise, Seelah is the only non-prick Paladin I've yet seen, Wenduag was just amazing - I never knew what awaits me, she got me and then some. Aren't some of you over the board because your expectations weren't met by anything but the highest quality?

What I would criticise about the texting though is the lenght of the "ticks". Needlessly and tediously long more often than not. Shorter texts, punchy emotional lines, comments on situations would be much better in at least half of the convos, so that the situations would get dynamic. Long articles should be reserved for investigations, fireside talks in the evening, personality inquiries, counsels etc.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Completely true, all the wokeness is frontloaded.

Probably as review bait.
This is what I wanted to believe, but this is insane levels of woke for a show.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't want a book, I just want a game that doesn't insert modern social issues into it everywhere
IMG-20210906-083246.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Reinhardt was pointing out the hypocrisy of how Victor spent hundreds of posts on BG3 thread complaining about how the game is too epic.
And I pointed out that Wrath has no reason to not be epic. It's an epic PnP module. What does BG3, or Viktor with his liches, have to do with Wrath?

I like my BG as early kobolds in the mines and old mentors dying to mysterious threats as well, not fighting low level (lol) illithid brain spawns.

you admit that the characters aren't well written, but take issue with us for pointing it out
I take the issue of you being banal boring shitposters who can't even poke at the game in a proper codexian way.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I finally got past the character creation screen and... the state of this game is unacceptable. It's childish to hope for a game without bugs in this day and age, but the fact that 75% of what's in this game already was in Kingmaker makes it ridiculous. It's basically the same game, but now there are even more bugs. Two things are driving me crazy right now:
- I can't seem to understand how to turn off Power Attack in TB mode (I disable it at the start of my turn, but nothing happens);
- sometimes, enemies provoke AoOs outside of their turns without doing anything.

Come on, Owlcat, get your shit together.
Turn-based mode was obviously a tertiary concern. The endless and meaningless trash fights in the tutorial alone are an obvious sign of that. I honestly can't imagine playing this in turn-based mode, it will be such a massive slog.

Saravan

Savant
Reinhardt was pointing out the hypocrisy of how Victor spent hundreds of posts on BG3 thread complaining about how the game is too epic.
And I pointed out that Wrath has no reason to not be epic. It's an epic PnP module. What does BG3, or Viktor with his liches, have to do with Wrath?

I like my BG as early kobolds in the mines and old mentors dying to mysterious threats as well, not fighting low level (lol) illithid brain spawns.

you admit that the characters aren't well written, but take issue with us for pointing it out
I take the issue of you being banal boring shitposters who can't even poke at the game in a proper codexian way.

"Everyone who doesn't agree with me that this game is an absolute masterpiece where every obvious example of bad writing is not instead revered is a shitposter". Are you perhaps related to Desiderius in any way?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I finally got past the character creation screen and... the state of this game is unacceptable. It's childish to hope for a game without bugs in this day and age, but the fact that 75% of what's in this game already was in Kingmaker makes it ridiculous. It's basically the same game, but now there are even more bugs. Two things are driving me crazy right now:
- I can't seem to understand how to turn off Power Attack in TB mode (I disable it at the start of my turn, but nothing happens);
- sometimes, enemies provoke AoOs outside of their turns without doing anything.

Come on, Owlcat, get your shit together.
Turn-based mode was obviously a tertiary concern. The endless and meaningless trash fights in the tutorial alone are an obvious sign of that. I honestly can't imagine playing this in turn-based mode, it will be such a massive slog.

works on 3-times the speed relatively well. In TB mode the game is a lot easier though. Also Bugs.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Is it just me, or doe the graphics look abit blurry at max settings? I turned off Bloom and SSR, and that helped.

Also, im getting low fps... what settings are you at? And does your game look abit blurry/washed out? And how did you fix it?
I am not experiencing this, same graphics save the antialiasing. All is at the highest setting. I turned it off, Iit's actually fiting reminiscence, it creates the atmosphere of an older golden game like that :3
I suppose you've downloaded the latest drivers, so omiting that, maybe try to force the anisotropic filtering at Windows to the max instead having it on auto. Then fiddle around the other settings concerning texture optimalisations. Or google with the name of your graphics and blurry / washed out textures in general. I am sorry I haven't found any issues like yours concerning just the game while doing a quick qoogle search.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I've been on this website since 2003. This is my 3rd or 4th account now. I know Codexian and fanboying over a game you yourself admit isn't well-written isn't it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Interesting that you can have multiple pets active now, makes the pre-order stuff even better.

Shadenuat

Arcane
"Everyone who doesn't agree with me that this game is an absolute masterpiece where every obvious example of bad writing is not instead revered is a shitposter". Are you perhaps related to Desiderius in any way?
It's like talking with a reddit bot, I swear.

Not everyone here is an autist.
Their problems.

Codex is a home of RPG Autists, who argue tirelessly over games being shit. If you're entering this Temple of Decline, take some lessons from the best first and prepare yourself. RPGs are all about preparation, after all.

I know Codexian and fanboying over a game you yourself admit isn't well-written isn't it.
Well,

you are right in a sense. Codexers fanboy over games with great writing, and shitty gameplay most of the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom