Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Game is basically unplayable without shitload of potions scrolls or dedicated healer.

Hold up nigga! You telling me that a party based RPG is expecting you to have a character that heals!? Those bastards won't get away with this :mad:!!!!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Sad,they made the storyteller in to a fag too...also his story is pretty shit,now he is just shitty useless "relic" spawner.

UoKqF6W.png

LGBT propaganda is really stong in this game. Not to mention that writing is on fanfic levels.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
-This fight is an example of how Owlcat fundamentally fails to understand the system they're running. A CR 8 fight isn't supposed to be winnable by *any* level 2 party of *any* composition. I was able to win through pure luck--it rolled poorly to hit and I scored some critical charges. But in any normal game that's a TPK. It's like "rocks fall everyone dies" but the DM actually goes to the trouble of rolling the rock damage, and somehow rolls 20d6 with all 1s.

-What is the actual point? The game has some blatant unfair fights. So you should... just... not... fight... stuff... ? Okay? But why? It's not even like the elemental is guarding anything good or gatekeeping a tougher area of the dungeon. it's just a random out of depth monster because fuck you that's why.

The DM has the power to obliterate the party at any time but no one is impressed when this happens for no reason.

ALL pcrpgs are designed around save scumming. Moreover players legitimately think save scumming is proper gameplay. Meaning if you don't include unrealistic challenge they can save scum players will treat game as too easy and so bad game.

That fight is winnable if you have some huge two hander damage dealer. I know because i did it on core rules.

Owlcat idea about skipping fights would be great IF they would design game around that. Meaning that loot shouldn't be tied to "hard area". That works in case of that water elemental but everywhere else it is the same as in other games. Here is hard fight, do it and you will get some loot.

I wish there was crpg that did in fact by default would be hardcore only. No save scumming.

Water Elem has loot you can use most of game.

Desiderius

Patron
Fucked around with Grenadier+Trickster some more. Bomb AoE damage doesn't seem to be able to crit, only direct damage can. Ah well. Also, even if I have the Improved Improved Improved Critical, which increases the multiplier by 1, bombs still use the x2 multiplier. So it's bugged.

Right now Lich is superior to Trickster for Grenadier, because one of its feats applies Negative Energy damage bonus to bomb AoE damage. Trickster does have Microscopic Proportions, which for some reason stacks with Reduced Person, when applying extra DEX for a total of +8 DEX.

Now try the Bomb-throwing Rogue, since the game treats actual bombs as Weapons and he gets Sneaks on them.
Am I reading the class right and you only need one copy of a bomb (like a vial of holy water) and you can reuse it over & over?

I’d doubt that but who knows? There are advanced bombs that start showing up in Ch 4. You can also use Alchemical Weapon on Autocast with Grenadier to mix Bombs together to trigger Elemental Barrage.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sad,they made the storyteller in to a fag too...also his story is pretty shit,now he is just shitty useless "relic" spawner.

UoKqF6W.png

LGBT propaganda is really stong in this game. Not to mention that writing is on fanfic levels.
As I've said before, the two are related. When you prioritize wedging your political ideals into a story, you focus less on other more important elements.

I honestly think I could rewrite most of these characters better myself, even if their perverted LGBT attributes remained the same. Why? Because I'd focus on the characters and not the political agenda.

Desiderius

Patron
If all you phaggots can complain about are things that just reveal how much you suck then game must be pretty damn good indeed.

It's nice to know you found the one thing in life that makes you feel better than everybody else. I do wish Owlcat had produced a proper manual instead of a live version of clippit that haunts this forum.

EVDt9Ab.png

Better than everyone here is a low bar, but I didn’t even clear that. Shadenuat is better than me and Meredoth has already finished the game.

I feel like shit because I’m hanging out with a bunch of degenerate retards who want to whine and cry instead of using your brains and enjoying figuring things out.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised when you project your resentments and neuroses on me since if you approach life like you approach this game you’d end up with a lot to resent.

Git gud.

Desiderius

Patron
Man the trap wires are next level in the Leper Cave. You have to fight the boss (which lets buffs run out) to get to last section.

Saravan

Savant

UoKqF6W.png

The plus side is you won't feel bad for playing Azata as a pure martial (works well for my build). Turns the story into an anime, but if the story is already shit, who the fuck cares.

Imagine me sitting there pre-launch thinking "yeah I'm gonna go Angel instead of Azata for roleplay purposes and get a good crusader story" :lol:.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Ahhhh yes

cutscene and then spawn a bunch of highDMG enemies around the player
:mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom