Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ahhhh yes

cutscene and then spawn a bunch of highDMG enemies around the player
:mixedemotions:
You mean you don't even need to CHARGE! and can just cut them down right on spot? Where is the catch?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I'm all for being rewarded for running errands, but permanent Haste for the Garrison dungeon might have been a little too much? I'm fairly new to the system, I just read skill descriptions and do some basic math, so Core felt nicely challenging in some areas. And then I kinda just stampeded through everyone in Garrison. I might have stopped to throw some alchemical fire on the locust at one point.

It's such a massive power multiplier that I have to wonder why it's even there, and how does the whole thing feel without it.

Saravan

Savant
they made the storyteller in to a fag
lol you're kidding me. Owltranny just keeps getting worse and worse.
Your allies are falling to the gameplay one by one like leaves in the wind torn from a great tree. Would you be the one not to fall, or the last? We even have Princess Volourn now. Your case is doomed.

This is the problem with you retards. Because you act like a group with your fanatical attitude towards the game defending every aspect of it regardless of how shitty it is you think everyone else who DARES to criticize the game also acts like some consorted group when we are all just random individuals with our own unique experience.

And why is the counter argument always this low IQ take on skill?

Explain to me how pozzed writing and companion design relates exactly to "failing game mechanics". Please enlighten me as well how the barebone, repetitive and boring crusader system relates exactly to "failing game mechanics"? Fucking Owlcat cult. I bought the game, I'm enjoying it for its strengths like the combat system but the game is very flawed with regards to other aspects beyond just the combat and build mechanics. A highly rated RPG is well-rounded not incredibly good in one thing and incredibly shitty in another thing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
it appears bioware's only sin was not moving their headquarters to eastern europe, then they'd be rpgcodex's golden child
They will be indeed, because I do not remember EA offices in Russia, and without EA we might still have had Bioware.
Considering 2 of bioware mains were 1 ukranian and 1 polish (or 2 ukranians) (descendants of immigrants? check their family names) it would be just returning back lol.

People in eastern europe joke about bioware calling them "canadian hohols".

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Man the trap wires are next level in the Leper Cave. You have to fight the boss (which lets buffs run out) to get to last section.

I killed the boss then went screw you guys I'm going home. I'll finish that cave another day.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This is the problem with you retards. Because you act like a group with your fanatical attitude towards the game
you are free to read my fanatical revio of the gaem: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...us-release-thread.139979/page-20#post-7481026

It is not us who are fanatics, because we can spacebar through some shitty early game writing because we are actual gamers, and enjoy playing games. And you're all mostly newfag edgy shitposters (or old, even shitter posters).

So you get in return as much as you pay us with. You're no Sea's, or Alex, or even DraQ's. You don't actually write anything goddamn interesting on this forum.

why is the counter argument always this low IQ take on skill?
The argument on skill rises often, because it is true. Many posters here have problems with a game even on lower difficulties. Here, on RPG Codex, which is supposed to be the most grognard site, not on crappy steam forums, we are reading about "overtuned" encounters (thrown on your party of 1 custom + 5 very minmaxed companions, they have stats better than you) and "impossible" enemies (most of which usually can be 1 shot with prebuffed party).

I'm enjoying it for its strengths like the combat system but the game is very flawed with regards to other aspects
What aspects? Char building good? beyond grognardism.
Levels cool? Cool. first game was BG1, here they got familiar with engine and give you way above anything you'll see in current RPGs.
Grafix ok? ok. (and music is super)
itemization good? pretty good.
writing, is it andromeda? does Seelah grammar nazi you about pronouncs? is it zevrans blowing into your ear? half of companions are quite alright. not in particular worse than, idk, NWN2, some I'd say even slightly better. +secret companions, and ++mythic companions. you just havent found them all yet.
does game present you with many choices and skill checks? it does. you can jail and kill most characters you hate too.
the shitty minigames I agree with you, dont like them in muh IE-clones.

so whats with all the fucking whining for the sake of whining?

Last edited:

Ehrenmann

o6Lvumc.jpg

Saravan

Savant
This is the problem with you retards. Because you act like a group with your fanatical attitude towards the game
you are free to read my fanatical revio of the gaem: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...us-release-thread.139979/page-20#post-7481026

It is not us who are fanatics, because we can spacebar through some shitty early game writing because we are actual gamers, and enjoy playing games.

why is the counter argument always this low IQ take on skill?
The argument on skill rises often, because it is true. Many posters here have problems with a game even on lower difficulties. Here, on RPG Codex, which is supposed to be the most grognard site, not on crappy steam forums, we are reading about "overtuned" encounters (thrown on your party of 1 custom + 5 very minmaxed companions, they have stats better than you) and "impossible" enemies (most of which usually can be 1 shot with prebuffed party).

I'm enjoying it for its strengths like the combat system but the game is very flawed with regards to other aspects
What aspects? Char building good? beyond grognardism.
Levels cool? Cool. first game was BG1, here they got familiar with engine and give you way above anything you'll see in current RPGs.
Grafix ok? ok.
itemization good? pretty good.
writing, is it andromeda? does Seelah grammar nazi you about pronouncs? is it zevrans blowing into your ear? half of companions are quite alright. not in particular worse than, idk, NWN2, some I'd say even slightly better. +secret companions, and ++mythic companions. you just havent found them all yet.
does game present you with many choices and skill checks? it does. you can jail and kill most characters you hate too.

so whats with all the fucking whining for the sake of whining?

Itemization is good as it relates to combat and build mechanics. Graphics are an improvement from Kingmaker but it still has some questionable art for me, there is no point discussing art as it's incredibly subjective.

As for other aspects, anything relating to story, writing, companions and how they interplay with the setting are mediocre to just horrendous. These aspects of an RPG can't just be hand-waved even if you only like RPG for combat as they provide context and meaning to each fight. If they are bad, the combat itself becomes repetitive and appear shallow as there is no actual meaning to the encounters, you might as well just play the rogue-like mode. It's incredibly retarded that your counter to shitty writing is "you can just spacebar it", yeah you can, doesn't mean failing that aspect doesn't bring with it adjacent problems.

The crusader system is also overall very shallow and unnecessary, either do it right or just leave it out. They are once again failing to focus the game properly by putting too many shitty add-on mechanics.

Shadenuat

Arcane
As for other aspects, anything relating to story, writing, companions and how they interplay with the setting are mediocre to just horrendous.
No it isn't Mythics are awesome, they provide you with many lulz, actual better writing, building Ziggurats, turning NPCs into undead, all that thing.
Even Chapter 2 writing is already much better than Ch1, you do feel like crusadeh storming Drezen, you get choices how to deal with villains; and Ch4 is basically NWN1-addon but with more succubuses.
Ch5-6 I dont know, can't comment.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
That was all Delilah could feel as she writhed uncontrollably on the cold, stone manor floor. Her father stood menacingly over here in the family's large drawing-room. With each flick of his wand, blinding pain surged through her petite body, unlike anything she had ever felt before. Dark crimson blood tattered her pale blond hair and dotted her pale skin beneath the tears in her Hufflepuff Quiddich jumper. Well, his jumper. At least, it used to be. Then, for a moment, the spell lifted. Two days before she was set to begin her fifth year at Hogwarts, her father had found out where her loyalties lie.

Saravan

Savant
As for other aspects, anything relating to story, writing, companions and how they interplay with the setting are mediocre to just horrendous.
No it isn't Mythics are awesome, they provide you with many lulz, actual better writing, building Ziggurats, turning NPCs into undead, all that thing.
Even Chapter 2 writing is already much better than Ch1, you do feel like crusadeh storming Drezen; and Ch4 is basically NWN1-addon but with more succubusses.

I disagree that Mythic paths are "awesome" but I do think they are an interesting take which caught my eye for this game. They are however only so when viewed in a vacuum. Once you include their storyline paths into the rest of the setting and considering the uninspired writing and how these paths should interplay with subpar companions, the whole concept starts to fall apart. It is clear we are in total disagreement on this point, so I really do not see any point in discussing this with you. You, Desiderius and Lann are pretty much the only three posters I see in this thread who repeatedly go well and beyond to defend this game to completely irrational levels. Even if I agree with you that the overall game is fun to play, I still view you three specifically this way.

volklore

Arcane
Or you can pick a caster class like Hagbound (unfortunately her claws are bugged at the moment - biggest problem with current release is missing/dysfunctional class abilities) that can attack early then cast big spells late.

Damn, that first timed event came so fast (3 days LOL) after I had to rest forever to heal my negative stats, knowing owlcat not going to certain areas before that probably had consequences. I am probably gonna replay that first part and skip the shadow/undead area of the market this time that was completely pointless and cost me so much. I also definitely should have picked the anti disease aura on ember instead of evil eye, got greedy.
Still am really bothered by the low zoom, I really hope some bag of tricks like mod will fix that in the future. Tiny streets + low zoom is really not a good combo, missing the wide grasslands of kingmaker.

Disease is manageable with Treat Affliction. You can buy one Death Ward scroll if you’re worried about lvl Drain. Daeran comes with Restoration, Lesser for ability drain so no reason to spam rest for that.

Protective Luck can be a decent early choice for Ember and just spam it on whoever is taking the brunt of the damage. Remove Sickness from Daeran is a long-lasting + 4 saves vs Disease.

He’s good to have along early since he can Channel to heal or AoE Undead then Sound Burst stuff to interrupt casters and make things easier to hit and keep Bless and Shield of Faith up to free up Cams slots for Prot Evil or whatever.
Haven't stumbled on Daeran at all, but yes channels would help me a ton, I have no healing atm. I found ember and that's about it. I think I might have taken a wrong turn in the market square lol (to the area past athletics checks). I feel I really lack damage too. I play on hard, and while my sorcerer is doing fine controlling fights, I have trouble killing stuff especially when I am out of buffs for Seelah. Camelia doesn't have fencing grace yet (need 1 more level) so her damage is sad rn. Treat affliction is 1/day though and it seems it only removes 1 disease. Betwen Ghouls, rat swarms, centipedes and demons there is so many sources of afllictions. But yeah, those 25g scrolls for +4 saves vs disease are just mandatory, I just didn't expect so much of that to deal with this early... live and learn.
I find the early game harder than P:KM on hard atm. Maybe I found a good route firsthand in the previous game. At least the game throws way more fights at you with more difficult things to deal with (stinking clouds, diseases, poisons). In KM the most annoying things to deal with were centipedes and mite priests, and everything else was mostly just balls of stats. So far I found priests that channel negativ energy for 10 dmg and wizard spamming burning arc, all in the first area after the prologue. Very fun though, I really enjoy that it is still challenging even after playing so much kingmaker.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

To find daeran try leaving the market place near where the Thieflings are in between them and the church (right after the actual market) on the "lower" level. You will get spoken to by a servant and a new location will be unlocked.

Daeran is heal-bot on crack.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I disagree that Mythic paths are "awesome" but I do think they are an interesting take which caught my eye for this game. They are however only so when viewed in a vacuum. Once you include their storyline paths into the rest of the setting and considering the uninspired writing and how these paths should interplay with subpar companions, the whole concept starts to fall apart. It is clear we are in total disagreement on this point, so I really do not see any point in discussing this with you. You, Desiderius and Lann are pretty much the only three posters I see in this thread who repeatedly go well and beyond to defend this game to completely irrational levels. Even if I agree with you that the overall game is fun to play, I still view you three specifically this way.
You never provide any examples of what you think is "uninspired", that's the thing. You don't really give any proper breakdowns of the writing, ie why particular companion is absolutely horrendous & insuferable, for example. Whats uninspired by building Ziggurat?

But fine, if you're a storyfag: this gaem is not MoTB. It's somewhere around ToB. It's %of frontloaded dragonshit jank, %of russian fangirl fanfiction, %of genuily good characters, %of cool choices game aknowledges, %of epic adventuring, % of... etc.
It is not well edited/designed in terms of writing, it's just a lot of shit thrown on a wall, and your experience will vary depending if you are happy to find shit and step on it on purpose like inquisitor, or focus on better shit, and of course, Luck.
it is, however, not all Shit, and most importantly, it's not goddamn soul crushing boring shit, which is the worst kind of Shit.

I still view you three specifically
nobody cares about what "u view" or ur "feelings", try tumblr :shittydog: we only care if game is shit or not.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This is the problem with you retards. Because you act like a group with your fanatical attitude towards the game defending every aspect of it regardless of how shitty it is you think everyone else who DARES to criticize the game also acts like some consorted group when we are all just random individuals with our own unique experience.
This is what kickstarters do to people, imo. They take normal fanboys and turn them into cultists by getting them in invest themselves in a product from day one and then making them spend years waiting while they justify their purchase to themselves over and over. Normal fanboys already do this sort of thing, but the fact they've spent real money on it makes it worse.

Then you come in and make a criticism of this thing they've told themselves is good and totally worth what they've spent for years. There's just no chance it's going to be well-received.

Saravan

Savant
You never provide any examples of what you think is "uninspired", that's the thing. You don't really give any proper breakdowns of the writing, ie why particular companion is absolutely horrendous & insuferable, for example. Whats uninspired by building Ziggurat?

But fine, if you're a storyfag: this gaem is not MoTB. It's somewhere around ToB. It's %of frontloaded dragonshit jank, %of russian fangirl fanfiction, %of genuily good characters, %of cool choices game aknowledges, %of epic adventuring, % of... etc.
It is not well edited/designed in terms of writing, it's just a lot of shit thrown on a wall, and your experience will vary depending if you are happy to find shit and step on it on purpose like inquisitor, or focus on better shit, and of course, Luck.

I have actually in the past. Like for example immediately at the prologue how it makes absolutely no sense for Camellia to provide some long-winded explanation of who she is after having just seen a demon lord split the earth and falling down the cracks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Like for example immediately at the prologue how it makes absolutely no sense for Camellia to provide some long-winded explanation of who she is
Why? She is an edgy Aristocrat, who wants everyone to know who she is and her opinion, and how you must treat her (which means, pamper her).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, no! Our plan is slowly being unraveled! Making (allegedly) good RPGs with the sole purpose of turning people gay. I knew it was too risky, I told them!

Saravan

Savant
Like for example immediately at the prologue how it makes absolutely no sense for Camellia to provide some long-winded explanation of who she is
Why? She is an edgy Aristocrat, who wants everyone to know who she is and her opinion, and how you must treat her (which means, pamper her).

Yes see, this is why it's a pointless exercise for me to go back to every moment I saw was clearly idiotic to provide you with examples. You are going to warp each and every one it into an ol' Desiderius "ashkully here is why it's based and subversive".

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There's not nearly enough tension given that it's a life or death situation, and might as well be the end of the world.

Saravan

Savant
There's not nearly enough tension given that it's a life or death situation, and might as well be the end of the world.

After having experienced an almost near-death situation the individual is super calm and would love to tell you about herself. Makes total sense, if you are a one-dimensional character with shitty writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom