Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
I try but it's taking too long and barely dent it, negative eruptions same.
Hmm, how about giving everyone Last Stand? I am just giving random shitty idea at this point. Mind share your party?
Party is thasilonian wizard mythic path lich, regill, kestoglyr, delamere, kamelia , wenduag. At this point you cannot go out the zone and change aprty nor respec without redoing it all . Regill and kestogllyr have last stand of course.
Can Camellia cast Creeping Doom? Or D has some sort of counter measures against it?
Nah doesnt work, i managed it with slighlty lower difficulty and negative eruption spam+ quickened exsanguinates. Anything else is completely useless, the companions are just good to take a few hits. I hear many people complaining about the tavern fight, what will they say when they encounter this, they probably wont ever anyway.

Parabalus

Arcane
The timeline in the game makes no fucking sense. You're on a desperate mission to rescue someone yet you can rest for 2 days in the middle of the dungeon no problem - HAVE TO, in fact, because they're designed to drain even the most conservative party of resources.
Yeah,at some point i just activated the rest after fight in the cheap tricks mod and when nukelear on the demons. It is a lot more fun now. You lose nothing from the game,only stop wasting time on pointless rest animations.

Just bump down the difficulty, if you need to rest more then once or twice in Blackwater the difficulty is too high.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok, i'm joining people who thinks Blackwater is absolute shit. It's absolute shit.

Reminds me of Irovetti's palace, best to buff up and mindlessly a-move through the area.

If you can't do it that way it's a complete pain.
I have exactly 1 2h adamantine weapon - glaive, which can't be used by LG characters. Now guess what is my character alignment?

You can use CdG to kill them, or give it to a companion.
Just use chain lightning from nenio or ember or the oracle dude.
Cyberdemons don't care about lightning it seams. For some reason it doesn't strip their regen in my game. Cyberhumans - yes, cyberdemons - no. So i gave glaive to succubus and she walks behing and finish downed demons.
LoL i just used chain lightning after they fell. Before that i just used fire spells on them with ember's ignoring resistances on enemies.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The timeline in the game makes no fucking sense. You're on a desperate mission to rescue someone yet you can rest for 2 days in the middle of the dungeon no problem - HAVE TO, in fact, because they're designed to drain even the most conservative party of resources.
Yeah,at some point i just activated the rest after fight in the cheap tricks mod and when nukelear on the demons. It is a lot more fun now. You lose nothing from the game,only stop wasting time on pointless rest animations.

Just bump down the difficulty, if you need to rest more then once or twice in Blackwater the difficulty is too high.
:lol:
Not talking about blackwater lol. That was easy in comparison. The late game is generally cheap fight after a cheap fight. I noticed that dragons are far too weak too,i just one or two turn kill them lol. I bump down the difficulty when i meat enemies that are just too annoying,that have a lot of immunities or use some shitty mass stunlock end game shit. Later there is some crystal sludges that just spam stunlock and there is no resisting that shit lol,same with some shitty demons.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Someone explain how to progress this quest(bugged?). Act 3, woljif quest
I ran into a camp where they're trying to sacrifice a guy and woljif is leading them. I can't talk to woljif, talking to cultists only leads to options to kill them (doesn't do anything) and leaving the area fails the quest. Did I run into a big or am I just missing something?
You could talk to the cultists and then play along with wojiz guy and then just postpone the sacrifice. Reload from the area entering save and try again. Just don't hit enter to skip cutscenes,that fucks things in the game a lot.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
How do I skip the tavern fight and get all the cool rewards? Last playthrough, I cleared all of Wolfj quest and market square with no resting, still got the fight as normal.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that's interesting: my party got replaced with a level 0 dwarf. He can't be levelled.

86UO0BS.jpg
You have reached DebugDwarf. How may I be of assistance?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How do I skip the tavern fight and get all the cool rewards? Last playthrough, I cleared all of Wolfj quest and market square with no resting, still got the fight as normal.
Just put the difficulty on minimal and oneshot everyone..

Trash Player

Scholar
Nah doesnt work, i managed it with slighlty lower difficulty and negative eruption spam+ quickened exsanguinates. Anything else is completely useless, the companions are just good to take a few hits. I hear many people complaining about the tavern fight, what will they say when they encounter this, they probably wont ever anyway.
I am intrigued by D's stat block. Care to share some insights? Even description in words are good.
To be fair, 3.X and derivatives aren't really known for exciting high level gameplay.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Demons possess a particular suite of traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry) as summarized here.

• Immunity to electricity and poison.
  • Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.

Ascendant Element is a must with resistances like this.

There's a loading screen tip which says this verbatim.

Having mandatory perks in your game is Good Design.

Parabalus

Arcane

You also need to do Blackwing Library and Tower of Estrod.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now that's interesting: my party got replaced with a level 0 dwarf. He can't be levelled.

You have reached DebugDwarf. How may I be of assistance?
That must be from the assassin companion quest lol. Just reload earlier save and try again.

Also guys make sure you make a manual save before entering any place on the map,and have a lot of autosave/quicksave slots from the options!!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If it’s useful then you can’t.

Realistic.

Sheldon is a nerd. Show is written by nerds for nerds.

Sheldon is what a normie network screenwriter thinks a normie network viewer thinks a nerd should act like.

It's not the most obvious hello-fellow case, but arguably the most damaging, given how many normies it convinced to try and subsequently castrate various forms of nerd entertainment.

TBF the other characters are the nerds while Sheldon in the sperg but there's nothing normie about those writers. I mean there is now but that's how much influence that show had.

Parabalus

Arcane

Parabalus

Arcane

:lol:
Not talking about blackwater lol. That was easy in comparison. The late game is generally cheap fight after a cheap fight. I noticed that dragons are far too weak too,i just one or two turn kill them lol. I bump down the difficulty when i meat enemies that are just too annoying,that have a lot of immunities or use some shitty mass stunlock end game shit. Later there is some crystal sludges that just spam stunlock and there is no resisting that shit lol,same with some shitty demons.

You can immune the stunlock.

Tbh it's just like late Kingmaker, everything happens so fast it's best to just buff up and let the party auto attack the enemies to death, without issuing orders.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If it’s useful then you can’t.

Realistic.

Sheldon is a nerd. Show is written by nerds for nerds.

Sheldon is what a normie network screenwriter thinks a normie network viewer thinks a nerd should act like.

It's not the most obvious hello-fellow case, but arguably the most damaging, given how many normies it convinced to try and subsequently castrate various forms of nerd entertainment.

TBF the other characters are the nerds while Sheldon in the sperg but there's nothing normie about those writers. I mean there is now but that's how much influence that show had.

Gave me a reason to post this

ArchAngel

Arcane
anyone has high CPU temps and usage while playing the game? I have gotten this issue since beta and I can't play for a few minutes without my PC melting like shit.
Upgrade your wooden PC.
rayzen 5 3600 6C&12T
GTX 1070 8 GB
16 RAM
installed on SSD
vs
some unity game

how is my PC underequipped to play this game?
Ok, then. Upgrade your plastic PC.

Shaki

Arbiter

You also need to do Blackwing Library and Tower of Estrod.
All that without resting?

You can rest 1-2 times. Do library rest, it teleports you to the inn.

Just remember to uncheck the "rest for recommended period" option that can make you take 20h+ rest, and manually do 9h instead. I did everything available before grey garrison, without backtracking and with 2x 9h rests and it was good enough to make it in time to skip the tavern fight. But it was still close.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am intrigued by D's stat block. Care to share some insights? Even description in words are good.
To be fair, 3.X and derivatives aren't really known for exciting high level gameplay.

Ok desiderius mode on, There's like 4 more pages of abitilies.... Totally like a pen and paper game you see...
Bb4th8a.png

Robber Baron

Savant
the patch reset my diifficulty setting, I was literally playing for 20 minutes on normal before I realised

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom