Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

volklore

Arcane
Actually, Scroll scribing seems completely broken.
Currently it creates scrolls that have a DC of 10+Spell level+caster level of the crafter+Casting stat modifier of the crafter, this is way better than any spells cast from a spellbook...
I can't be intented, is it ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Crusader’s Edge

Only have Lann capable of casting it :troll:

Also, it's only good vs outsiders, which are a lot, I agree. Mythic beast is good simply 'coz it's always there on an high DPS frontliner. We can disagree on this one though, it's marginal.

Lol it’s the opposite of marginal. How did all of you clowns make it this far in life without ever encountering the concept of opportunity cost?

Mythic abilities are the whole point of the game. And they’re very rare through much of it. Use wisely.

Also yes there are people playing with Crusader’s Edge (see: Second Mystery Ancestors Spell Selection BTW) and people who aren’t. The former are the ones crying for nerfs. That simple.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Lol it’s the opposite of marginal.

It is, it's so marginal it's even shorter than your dick! We had to invent a whole new unit of measure! The unimportantion!

How did all of you clowns make it this far in life without ever encountering the concept of opportunity cost?

Lol, how old are you son, do you even hold a job?

Mythic abilities are the whole point of the game.

Yes, and Mythic beast is good enough to be taken at level up, as are many others. Try it, it's free! You will have so much more fun with the game as soon as you realize there are so many builds you could try and no true "wrong" way to play it!

And they’re very rare through much of it. Use wisely.

Lol. No.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Crusader’s Edge

Also, it's only good vs outsiders, which are a lot, I agree. Mythic beast is good simply 'coz it's always there on an high DPS frontliner. We can disagree on this one though, it's marginal.

Lol it’s the opposite of marginal. How did all of you clowns make it this far in life without ever encountering the concept of opportunity cost?

Mythic abilities are the whole point of the game. And they’re very rare through much of it. Use wisely.

Also yes there are people playing with Crusader’s Edge (see: Second Mystery Ancestors Spell Selection BTW) and people who aren’t. The former are the ones crying for nerfs. That simple.

Well, Daeran could get Crusader’s Edge naturally, it is from standard cleric spellbook, he don't need any extra mystery for it.
And the whole point of the Murderdog tripping is to get CMB as high as possible and with Fury Fall (possible on Bully class pet) pet gets up to +6 on CMB from Mythic Beast.

It could be a difference between tripping some high-end demon or not.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm having a devil of a time trying to create a character:-

1) She has to be an elf
2) She has to be an Urgathoa-worshipping Necromancer of sorts, though not necessarily undead army type - more like a cross between illusion and necromancy, or like a cross between necromancer and vampire (if she could be a Dhampir it would be easier since Cruoromancer is tailor made for Necro, but she has to be an elf goddammit).
3) She has to be able to ride a Giant Centipede
4) She has to use a Scythe as her main weapon.

IOW, a Scythe-using, Giant-Centipede-riding elf Illusionist/Necromancer. That's the character I've got in my mind's eye.

The problem is that most of the magic using beast-riding-capable classes and sub-classes use Wisdom, but Elves are Intelligence-based; they're also Dexterity based, which means Scythes are useless unless I can get around it (I suppose the later transformation spells are fine for that, but it would be nice to have something to start with). (Gah, if only you could finesse scythes! :) )

I've tried all sorts of combinations but I can't get anything - I realize I might have to just give up a couple of these desiderata to focus on a more essential vision (probably give up the Scythe idea and just have her doing a sideline in archery, in which case I can comfortably start her beast riding with Divine Hunter probably, and just swallow the WIS spells waste), but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Sylvan Sorceror Specializing in Illusion or Necromancy with Mythic Expanded Arsenal in the other school... plus... Fighter (level 9) with Fighter's Finesse Advanced Weapon Training and Weapon Finesse (Mythic) I guess.
The fighter levels are hardly synergistic, but I guess it can be done. If you merge the spellbook with lich, you may still be able to be a full caster.

I'd check first if you can even ride giant centipedes at all.

Why are elves DEX based? It's just a +2 bonus.

Go Sylvan + some EK/Signifier, if you merge with Lich you have lots of leeway for whatever.

lol good point re. checking. Apparently it is possible, but the animation is borked. This makes me very sad (in a #firstworldproblems sense) :(

OK, plan B - a velociraptor! :)

Desiderius

Patron
Crusader’s Edge

Well, Daeran could get Crusader’s Edge naturally, it is from standard cleric spellbook, he don't need any extra mystery for it.
And the whole point of the Murderdog tripping is to get CMB as high as possible and with Fury Fall (possible on Bully class pet) pet gets up to +6 on CMB from Mythic Beast.

I’ve got mine Tandem Tripping from Huntmaster Lann. Once we get the Relic we’ll really go off. Mythic could be worth it for stats but seems a little slow.

Desiderius

Patron
Crusader’s Edge

With spontaneous you appreciate the extra picks a lot, especially since he wants Death Ward and Order’s Wrath/Holy Smite and Divine Power.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, Skald is awesome! Sharing OP rage powers with other melee is something else, Inspire Rage also stacks with rage spell for extra lulz.
Too bad Limitless Rage mythic ability is not supporting it.

Daidre

Arcane
Alas, there is surprising lack of new feats/Mythic Abilities for Bards and Skalds specifically.
That makes me sad(

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know how to type in Russian, but in Romanian the word for this is Katiușa:

zQuickDeath.jpgzKatiușa.jpg

That's basically Owlcat saying: "So I heard you guys like Javelins..."

Tao

Savant
Is the Corrupted Blood spell working as intended? Because i'm having a fuking blast using it but i don't think the explotion cover only 15f from the infected guy. Somehow EVERYONE get infected when i kill the poor bastard and well... let say i almost crashed the game a few times with the chain reaction xdd

Also, What do you guys picked for the skeletal champion?. I'm regreting picking the executioner instead of the vanguard. And on top I found the Shield of Darkeness (a massive cool loking shield) so i'm very close to decide into reespecting only to change the lich pet class. :S

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also, What do you guys picked for the skeletal champion?. I'm regreting picking the executioner instead of the vanguard. And on top I found the Shield of Darkeness (a massive cool loking shield) so i'm very close to decide into reespecting only to change the lich pet class. :S

Picked Marksman and Cleric(so he can heal me and eventually do some damage at range) and played as a dhampir, so I can get healed by negative energy since act 1.

As for corrupt blood. I rarely used that spell.

cw8

Cipher
Did anyone's Crescent of the Abyss (Woljif sidequest) bug out? The one with the Bapomet cultists about to sacrifice Deval. I don't see Woljif even though he is talking to me. Can't click on him to continue the quest. If I leave the area, the whole quest fails and I assume you don't see him anymore.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
I have been wondering how Owlcat would fare when it comes to designing a proper city and Alushinyrra gave a good first impression but that quickly soured after realizing I would have to wait for parts of the city to float towards me. Also I managed to get Daerran stuck behind a rising building with the solution requiring my to mass dimension door. Good job Owlcat.

Desiderius

Patron
Good job, Balor Darrazand. Good job.

balor.png

I can't think of a single better use of your turn than dispelling yourself. You go, girl.

Playing this game in TB is like seeing a senile 99-year-old hitting himself in the head with crutch. The enemies are literally retarded.
In before Desiderious writing four paragraphs of inane rambling explaining why that's actually a 4D chess move.

Italian who sux condescending to non-Italian who sux less.

Dog bites man.

Daidre

Arcane
Did anyone's Crescent of the Abyss (Woljif sidequest) bug out? The one with the Bapomet cultists about to sacrifice Deval. I don't see Woljif even though he is talking to me. Can't click on him to continue the quest. If I leave the area, the whole quest fails and I assume you don't see him anymore.
You could try to close the game, restart and load the autosave to replay it.

There is bug when reloading same scripted pieces bugs them out and only restart helps.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I planned my 1st run as a A Legend Mystic Theurge (Oracle/Sorcerer), just reached mythic rank 3 and realized I can't be a legend until mythic rank 8....

:negative:

I can be Angel, Azata, Trickster and Demon....
Demon is discarded in this play through because of role playing issues.
Angel I can cope with but would prefer no to due to the same
Azata seams redundant since I already have a pet but would probably be good role playing wise
Trickster seams to lack any kind of synergy with a Mystic Theurge

:mixedemotions:

Thoughts??
Azata is the best path for good aligned arcane casters, so go for that

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Well ending was indeed shit but not a total clusterfuck. was expecting few more dialogues / slides but it just suddenly ended into a starting screen (not even credits rolled).

Did not encounter anything gamebreaking act 4-5 but plenty of annoying bugs. Most tilting one was animal companion getting stuck while mounted when looting stuff and had to unmount every few minutes.

Went full angel route bolt/storm of justice is quite ridiculous on core difficulty. Too much damage which cannot be resisted and does more dmg to more powerful enemies. Played most of game with Arueshalae, Camellia, Ember, Daeran and Regill I liked all of those characters. Camellia turned out to be quite interesting character :?. Lann and Wenduag were also decent rest really did not care much about.

Think I do another playthrough after few months even when I somehow want to start another one right away. Lich/Swarm seems the most interesting options.

Good game overall when you have enough common sense to skip some dialogues / characters

Desiderius

Patron
I have been wondering how Owlcat would fare when it comes to designing a proper city and Alushinyrra gave a good first impression but that quickly soured after realizing I would have to wait for parts of the city to float towards me. Also I managed to get Daerran stuck behind a rising building with the solution requiring my to mass dimension door. Good job Owlcat.

You don’t have to wait.

OC should issue Conclusion Jumping boots to all Kotexers to get you across since you’re too retarded to figure out the way it works yourselves but jump to conclusions like absolute kings.

volklore

Arcane
Actually, Scroll scribing seems completely broken.
Currently it creates scrolls that have a DC of 10+Spell level+caster level of the crafter+Casting stat modifier of the crafter, this is way better than any spells cast from a spellbook...
I can't be intented, is it ?
Requoting my own post to add that after respeccing my caster to scroll savant, the same save DC formula for the crafted scroll applied. However, when casting the scroll the savant feat supposed to add Int modifier on top of the scroll DC did not work (it worked fine with standard bought scrolls). The save DC of this scroll was the same when cast by a savant or another regular arcane caster. So something is very fishy. Pretty sure it shouldn't be applying casting stat mod when crafting. The crafted scroll DC being based on Caster Level (as the scroll scribing interface is suggesting) is already super strong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom