Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The interesting thing is - if asked about "where the good writing is" the literary critics send me to some obscure mods of some old games. I am sure that those things have much more fan fiction in them then any officially released game. That might good for the people who like such things, but comparing edited and published texts with fan fiction is dumb.
i swear to god if they don't add a trickster top hat i won't do anything and will still play the game
I like them to add a proper Swarm model.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Its obvious Owlcat bit off more than they could chew this time. There are still so many bugged class mechanics its just silly.
Honestly, they could remove most of the weird hybrids and half casters and save themselves a ton of effort. Nobody needs Arcanists or Shamans or Warpriests.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I guess the game will be playable with 1.2 if it ever comes out.
I wanted to play it much closer to release, but then I noticed how Meredoth suffered from bug on Ice cage spell.
Later this bug was fixed (I think), but numerous other people started to share bugs and other problems.
In the end I decided to wait until 3.0 and start of new game development. This way at least you can be sure devs will not introduce new bugs in code, while breaking mods which trying to fix bugs in previous versions.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I already played the game to a good bit into act 3 in very much one breath but I just stopped because the game was clearly unfinished and it apparently got even more unfinished in remaining acts, not to mention crusade mechanics balance and all (which they only recently touched in last couple patches).

Shaman is a cool archetype and Camilia is an interesting companion, if they added hex mechanics for Witch you might as well add Shaman but yeah there was no need for most 3/4 hybrid classes as you could already make those with 1/2 hybrids. It's just typical of Owlcat indulging Pathfinder instead of taming it as usual.

Humbaba

Arcane
When I first played Kingmaker it was the enhanced edition which was like a full year after the original release and even then they were still patching the thing regularly. I think we can stop hoping for the mythical day x when Wrathfinder is "fully patched". In a couple of years or so we will see fan patches probably, like with any classic.

I like them to add a proper Swarm model.
All they'd have to do is increase bug density so you can no longer clearly see the regular model underneath. It's not a bad visual effect tho from what I've seen but it could be better.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I already played the game to a good bit into act 3 in very much one breath but I just stopped because the game was clearly unfinished and it apparently got even more unfinished in remaining acts, not to mention crusade mechanics balance and all (which they only recently touched in last couple patches).

Shaman is a cool archetype and Camilia is an interesting companion, if they added hex mechanics for Witch you might as well add Shaman but yeah there was no need for most 3/4 hybrid classes as you could already make those with 1/2 hybrids. It's just typical of Owlcat indulging Pathfinder instead of taming it as usual.

I mean, I played two classes in this: Incense Alchemist and Skald. Incense at launch didn't even have any descriptions, I only recently figured out what the stuff actually does. I assume it didn't work correctly either. And as I poster above, Skald class features didn't work at all. Not a good track record from my point of view. That's ON TOP of the general mechanics that didn't (or don't, still) work.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I mean, I played two classes in this: Incense Alchemist and Skald. Incense at launch didn't even have any descriptions, I only recently figured out what the stuff actually does. I assume it didn't work correctly either. And as I poster above, Skald class features didn't work at all. Not a good track record from my point of view. That's ON TOP of the general mechanics that didn't (or don't, still) work.

Alchemist is unique class so problem it being there, some subclasses are indeed lacking in descriptions. Skald is an unnecessary 3/4 hybrid like warpriest and shouldn't have been implemented at all.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Since so many 'dexers say that Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous is GotY I decided to give it a try after all.

Holy crap, I must say it surprised me immensely. The writing is so extremely trash and cringe I can't believe anybody would enjoy it.

People who say it's GotY or decent game at all must be trolling, I can't explain it otherwise...

But I see this thread is so long, what the fuck is wrong with you, people?

I thought the scene at the start where the bug man cuts off the dragon lady's head was pretty badass. Dismembered dragon head looks like a big meat steak or something made me hungry

There's some cool art/scenes with all the demon shit and whatever. Yeah the writing's bad of course but we all know game devs can't write for shit. I got bored of the game about 8 hours in and unfortunately steam wouldn't refund the purchase :(. Maybe I'll go through it some day though the swarm king special class path or whatever the fuck it's called seems kinda cool

Humbaba

Arcane
Skald is allegedly an especially buggy class afaik.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Since so many 'dexers say that Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous is GotY I decided to give it a try after all.

Holy crap, I must say it surprised me immensely. The writing is so extremely trash and cringe I can't believe anybody would enjoy it.

People who say it's GotY or decent game at all must be trolling, I can't explain it otherwise...

But I see this thread is so long, what the fuck is wrong with you, people?
At times it excels too. And everything in between those extremes. It's like they'd hired the whole bunch from the negative-EQ-Karen through Boris d'Icanwritealot to an undisclosed progeny of Sir Marshal Knight Commander Feargus Urquheart.

Humbaba

Arcane
Aivu be hueg. And level 30. The halfling SS is at it again. My guy has become basically invincible now that he has absurd azata regen. Takes on 3 Gallus on his own and wins. Lord help Deskari.

While I am here, how to counter Vavakia WIS drain breath? It is acid right? Does it do just so much acid damage that it burns through protection from acid or what? It is not poison because delay poison does nothing.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
skald was a kickstarter goal, initially i thought they would make a skald companion.
Skald is also dead in the water. Bard has it beat in terms of versatility and bloodrager is better in melee. Baffling inclusion if you ask me.

Its annoying, because Inspire Rage blocks spellcasting and many abilities. BUT if martial characters are your focus, which is more then valid, bonuses it can offer FAR surpass the bard (like twice).
Plus its the only Pounce option for non-Kitsunes/Barbarians/Primal Bloodragers.

Humbaba

Arcane
You can right click the damage message in the combat log and it tells you the roll and damage type. Vavakia's breath is Unholy damage (and the Mythic Vavakias at least also deal extra Divine damage with it). The Wis drained is a Fortitude save. I think you also roll Reflex when you first get hit and can evade the effect all together if you pass.
Oh I see. So no immunity for me. Thankfully it's only WIS. But is it supposed to be only restorable with restoration or is that a bug? Lesser restoration and heal don't work.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You can right click the damage message in the combat log and it tells you the roll and damage type. Vavakia's breath is Unholy damage (and the Mythic Vavakias at least also deal extra Divine damage with it). The Wis drained is a Fortitude save. I think you also roll Reflex when you first get hit and can evade the effect all together if you pass.
Oh I see. So no immunity for me. Thankfully it's only WIS. But is it supposed to be only restorable with restoration or is that a bug? Lesser restoration and heal don't work.
Must be a permanent ability drain then, I've encountered these sparsely, I think they are quite rare. Lesser Restoration heals only temporary ability damage. Restoration heals all the permanent ability drain, albeit from one ability at a time. Restoration, Greater expells all ability / level drains permanent or temporary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom