Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Had some more charging fun in Blackwater:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks like today's patch adds level 10 lich spells to arcanists, as well as a variety of other fixes.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3325360490844832478

Update 1.3.6d
Crusaders!

The update 1.3.6d has arrived! We are continuing to fix the mechanical issues you’ve been reporting, and fixed the Greater Invisibility issue in particular. And we’ve also fixed many items which didn’t work as they should have.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!
And don’t forget to update your mods if you play with them.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Arcanists have finally realized the full potential of being the lord of the dead, and gained access to level 10 spell slots;
  • Bestow Curse, Greater wasn't cursing as strongly as it should have—now it gives the right -12 penalties to ability scores;
  • Decree of Vengeance — DR type has been changed to good;
  • Desna's Bell Toll, Desna's Lullaby Harp, Tree's Friend buffs no longer apply to all the companions;
  • Favorite Metamagic now allows to take Favorite Metamagic — Selective;
  • Fixed the bonus from Profane Ascension;
  • Fixed the incorrect appliance of Cookie For a Song buff while resting on the Azata Island;
  • Fixed the incorrect duration of all resting buffs from Azata Island;
  • Fixed the issues with Warpriest and Combat Healer, when it was possible to make any spell quickened;
  • Greater Invisibility didn't give the flat-footed bonus – fixed;
  • Inspire Ferocity now buffs the caster;
  • Physical damage will be blocked correctly now, if the target has more than one immunity to damage type;
  • Purifier's Celestial Armor feat now halves the weight of armor, as it should;
  • Some shadows considered themselves half-elves instead of undead. We reminded them that they had died a long time ago;
  • The coup de grace DC was displayed incorrectly – fixed;
  • The Promise of Power ability was granted by the wrong relic – fixed.

Items
  • Bearer Of Sorrow fauchard now deals an extra attack as intended;
  • Blood Red Cleaver now deals damage as an oversized weapon;
  • Charred Bulwark now correctly grants its wielder immunity to cold;
  • Cloak of the Ancient Herald no longer causes friendly characters to get dazed;
  • Counterfeit Darek Sunhammer's Jewelry didn't have a pretty icon – fixed;
  • Divine Dismissal now correctly uses character's level instead of caster level;
  • Mithral Heavy Shields were too heavy – fixed;
  • Radiance now properly gives spell resistance 5 + character level;
  • Ring of Planar Protection now has a description;
  • Spell DC for the Crushing Cold handaxe was defined by the wielder's charisma instead of intelligence – fixed;
  • Storyteller's Ring now works with all fire spells and effects;
  • The Longsword of Right extra damage now bypasses damage reduction as intended;
  • Using Holy Disruption Heavy Mace +3 triggers the correct effect now;
  • Golden Dragon stopped dealing damage to themselves and their allies with their breath ability while wearing the Bound of Possibility;
  • We allowed Aivu to equip the Ultimate Predator knee pads, so she's the most ferocious dragon now!

Misс
  • We've implemented additional reward for killing Inevitable Darkness on the Unfair difficulty in Inevitable Excess DLC
  • Some saves didn't load – fixed;
  • We've fixed the rider's position when the mount's size is changing while mounted.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What do you know, they fixed Sword of Heavens activation when mounted.

....but more importantly, Dazzling Display still doesn't work mounted :(

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Mithral Heavy Shields were too heavy – fixed

No Mithril Heavy Shields were fine. It was the Tower that was too heavy lol.

The Promise of Power ability was granted by the wrong relic – fixed
No, it wasn't on the wrong Relic, it was Standard Action instead of Free.

Seriously, can they get anything right?

The above are the first relevant fixes I've seen in a year and they still fucked them up, while leaving complete classes non-functional.

Herumor

Scholar
Are the DLCs even worth bothering with? I saw from online discussions that Inevitable Excess was considered to be absolutely shit.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Has there been an estimate as to when the roguelike DLC#3 is out? I haven't kept up with this game but I want that before starting play.

RunningWolf

Learned
What spells should i pick to deal with mind-immune? Im going to play Demon DC ILLUSION Sorc. Hard and maybe Unfair if it gets too easy.

So far i think Sirocco, Hellfire, Slow and Baleful. Never used the latter two much, is stagger from Slow as OP as it seems? Does Baleful works on everything?
Then maybe i should grab another Expanded Arsenal: Transmutation, for Slow and Baleful both need it. Maybe even pick EA: Transmutation first, because Baleful is = Phantasmal(level higher but works on mind immune) and Slow is AOE(Wierd is only level 18)?

Any other spell suggestions? What do you use the most on DC casters?

Desiderius

Patron
Wolj makes a decent Transmuter. There’s a hat that lets you cast Slow swift and Obsidian Flow + Feather Step, Mass is a pseudostagger plus it turns on Fire Items. You can also go Conj to bypass SR. Stagger is great and there are a couple things that apply it no save. Freedom does override it in vanilla tho (fixed in TTT).

In general though beating mind-immune enemies is mostly about just nuking and bashing I think. CAM’s Hampering Hex is not mind-affecting (Evil Eye is).

RunningWolf

Learned
In general though beating mind-immune enemies is mostly about just nuking and bashing I think. CAM’s Hampering Hex is not mind-affecting (Evil Eye is).
I wanna go pure no mods. Maybe instead EA: Transmutation i should go Expanded Arsenal: Evocation for Sirocco, Chain Lightning, Stormbolts against mind-immune?

Stoned Ape

Savant
I wanna go pure no mods. Maybe instead EA: Transmutation i should go Expanded Arsenal: Evocation for Sirocco, Chain Lightning, Stormbolts against mind-immune?
You'll probably want an ascendant element to go with that.

There's a pair of rings that give a spontaneous caster access to fire and ice spells on top of their chosen set, and also set of bracers that you can find that gives access to lightning based magic spells and allows all damage to be converted into electricity damage, which pairs particulatly well with ascendant element.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't been following this. When can I expect the Codex review?. All I want to really know is whether the game's story is tolerable, or too woke to bear. Or is the writing just crap.*

Features and gameplay sound pretty awesome.

*Wasn't there something about stretched out asses in this game? Or was that the Obsidian one? Tyranny I think. Trying to remember the line someone quoted on the Codex. I think it was: "I'm gonna fist your ass till it prolapses". Yeah, think that was it. So just wondering if Owlcat played that, got inspired, and said "We will give the Codex what they want: butthurt".

Desiderius

Patron
I haven't been following this. When can I expect the Codex review?. All I want to really know is whether the game's story is tolerable, or too woke to bear. Or is the writing just crap.*

Features and gameplay sound pretty awesome.

*Wasn't there something about stretched out asses in this game? Or was that the Obsidian one? Tyranny I think. Trying to remember the line someone quoted on the Codex. I think it was: "I'm gonna fist your ass till it prolapses". Yeah, think that was it. So just wondering if Owlcat played that, got inspired, and said "We will give the Codex what they want: butthurt".

The writing is crap. The wokelism is mostly quarantined, one-dimensional, and forced (so entirely unpersuasive and not even trying to be), though in your face up front it can after that largely be avoided depending on party comp. Of more concern it crowds out whatever good writing may have been there so that little survives (mainly in Daeran and Reg's companion stories, and Lann is what Eder's should have been though pretty perfunctory. Greybor underdeveloped as well despite promising fodder). Likewise in personnel decisions such as skimping on editors and axing Avellone/playtesters.

Desiderius

Patron
You'll probably want an ascendant element to go with that.

There's a pair of rings that give a spontaneous caster access to fire and ice spells on top of their chosen set, and also set of bracers that you can find that gives access to lightning based magic spells and allows all damage to be converted into electricity damage, which pairs particulatly well with ascendant element.

If Ascendant Element is relevant you're not doing enough damage. If you want to go Evo I'd focus on Meta and the Meta Mythics over Ascendant, unless you want to go Lightning. There's a Rod that converts all damage to Unholy (and for whatever reason all the foes are Evil but still take full damage from Unholy) while also Maximizing it.

Stoned Ape

Savant
If Ascendant Element is relevant you're not doing enough damage. If you want to go Evo I'd focus on Meta and the Meta Mythics over Ascendant, unless you want to go Lightning. There's a Rod that converts all damage to Unholy (and for whatever reason all the foes are Evil but still take full damage from Unholy) while also Maximizing it.

But isn't he better off just using rods for meta? He's playing a sorcerer who focuses on illusion primarily and thinking of something to use in specific circumstances when facing mind-immune enemies. Isn't it more of an investment to buy a feats and a mythic feat for something you're doing as a secondary function of your character? Also, casting metamagic as a full round action can be annoying when your target is sitting just out of range. Just spending one mythic ability seems much cheaper than buying feats that aren't as effective for most illusion magic on top of a mythic feat (which are more valuable than abilities) which only works on them rather than his primary function for his caracter.

RunningWolf

Learned
Metamagic feats are occupied by Heighten, Persistent, Selective. We're primarily DC casting. Got no feats for anything else, since i need those for spell focuses and spell pen. But Devouring Lust Rod is indeed great, because it allows me to delay Ascended Element and is available early Act 3.

Yosharian

Arcane
I wish I could fit Reg into my group.. maybe he could replace Seelah, the STR loss is annoying though.

Also Seelah has +initiative which is meta for my skald

Yosharian

Arcane
Although I've been thinking about running a Skald AND Bard since I found out that Lethal Stance and Inspire Courage stack...

3463636.jpg

:baka:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Although I've been thinking about running a Skald AND Bard since I found out that Lethal Stance and Inspire Courage stack...

3463636.jpg

:baka:

I wonder if anyone's ever run a party with all the stacking auras - bard, skald, incense, judge. What else is there, in theory? Some of the Domain abilities (does Guarded Hearth fall under one of those already)?

I think the only problem is that with at least two of those (incense and judge) they have a convenience cost (the incense aura range is quite small, and the judge only has like 3 shares of judgements at max level IIRC, and that can't be changed by mythics, unlike the judgements themselves).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom