Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Angel for Martials (Paladins in Particular), Lich for Spellcasters.

RunningWolf

Learned
There's no harder or easier encounters. Its all depends on set difficulty, MC class/mythic and metagaming. I heard people had trouble with marketsquare Nabasu, but i never had any troubles with him on hard. First time i found him was with a Paly who destroyed him with smite. In my current playthrough he got wrecked by 2 consecutive cavalier charges and his own scripted AI. It turned out he's programmed to cast his mass hold spell on a party so if you park them far away he will run for them instead of casting it on MC alone. Which allows you to RTWP-charge him two times which gibs him consistently even before his undead minions show up.
Same with an alchemist, i always CC the shit out of him, his saves seems really bad.
Hardest encounters to me in ACT 1 are the fire spamming Brimoracks because i always forget to prepare/buy scrolls of resist fire communal.

Salvo

Arcane
So, I am finally getting around to play this. Which is the best "mythic path"? I mean best content and themes, not just powergaming.

Aeon, Angel, Legend, Lich in no particular order

Angel Oracle is also one of the strongest combos in the game

Humbaba

Arcane
So, I am finally getting around to play this. Which is the best "mythic path"? I mean best content and themes, not just powergaming.
Pick whatever path you like, as long as you switch to Legend later.

But maybe wait a bit until patch 1.2 drops which likely will coincide with the release of DLC #1, maybe even a bit longer, because the patch and DLC will likely introduce a couple more bugs.

Last edited:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron

The amount of individual content provided for each mythic path is pretty insane. Of the few I dipped into, personally I enjoyed the magical mystery ride offered by Azata the most.
Coincidentally, according to the official survey, Azata is also the most popular of the paths among fellow Codexians overall.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Angel Oracle is also one of the strongest combos in the game
Angel Oracle is pretty much the easy mode in any difficulty.

No doubt it's very strong. But IMO it has strong competition from Angel Cleric (domains with Domain Zealot) or Angel Shamans (Elemental Barrages and/or sneak attacks - potentially with Vital Strike, Rowdy style).

Demon is supposed to have 2nd best content, after angel. Of course, he can use his powers a little sparsely. Though his at will teleport works well with Vital Strike.

RunningWolf

Learned
Whoever decided to gate Demonic Rage number of uses behind mythic rank 6 and 9 is a goddamn retard. Why yes i would love to use my only good mythic power during the last 20% of the game, thanks!

Why not make it 1 per mythic? So when you get it you will have 3 exactly like it is now, but you will actually play with ~5 uses for majority of the game. Instead of the last ~10% of it.

RunningWolf

Learned
jpN7IOp.jpeg
Fact - Wide Sweep charges are better than sex. Hard difficulty unbuffed level 7 damage btw.

No matter how shit the writing and other things are in this game, mounted combat is my favorite thing ever in RPG. Not being able to be a proper mounted knight in every game seems idiotic after so many decades.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
That's cool. But whenever I think of scythes, I feel kinda forced to the Trickster path - in order to compensate for the crit rate of these weapons.

Not that that is a bad thing - and of course a Trickster is the prime candidate for Legend end game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
jpN7IOp.jpeg
Fact - Wide Sweep charges are better than sex. Hard difficulty unbuffed level 7 damage btw.

No matter how shit the writing and other things are in this game, mounted combat is my favorite thing ever in RPG. Not being able to be a proper mounted knight in every game seems idiotic after so many decades.

Do they still forcibly dismount you in almost every cut scene? That ended my cavalier run early on.

Beta patch is still a bit of a mess, so I suspect the new DLC will be too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Forceful dismounting doesn't happen much. I remember some companion quest (with Seelah maybe?), where it happened, and... ?

RunningWolf

Learned
But whenever I think of scythes, I feel kinda forced to the Trickster path - in order to compensate for the crit rate of these weapons.
I feel like the Cavalier is the only class where its not needed. The damage is built in so they work well with all paths. I doubt anything survives if you have a pounce and brown-fur. Another reason why i like the class. Not tied to mythic or weapon choice.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
But whenever I think of scythes, I feel kinda forced to the Trickster path - in order to compensate for the crit rate of these weapons.
I feel like the Cavalier is the only class where its not needed. The damage is built in so they work well with all paths. I doubt anything survives if you have a pounce and brown-fur. Another reason why i like the class. Not tied to mythic or weapon choice.

Well, Cavalier isn't even a particularly good mounted class.
At least until level 20.

RunningWolf

Learned
By far the strongest pure class I've played on Hard. Nothing is stronger early due to doubecharge "feature" in rtwp. And early is where it matters because you have no tools or mythic bullshit.
Whats the point of "better" classes if you practically soloing all encounters already.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Barbarian
Blood rager is where is at.

Blood rager is an abomination. Mixing Barbarian and Sorcerer in a single class... Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery. If is a hatred or merely distrust or seeing it as a tool for weaklings, then is up to the barbarian and his tribe in question. Is like attempting to mix a paladin with a dread necromancer.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery.
I am sorry, but have you played through the story of Regongar? And why exactly he (and not only he) were born as they were? They are barbarians, I'd like to remind you.

Now, wizards - not sorcerers - might be another matter.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting.

I've just noticed that Count Daeran has different phrases depending on whether the party looted his stores or not.

Also, Hilor the Pathfinder has something to say about Finnean the Pathfinder.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Barbarian
Blood rager is where is at.

Blood rager is an abomination. Mixing Barbarian and Sorcerer in a single class... Call me purist, but imo barbarians needs to have negative opinions towards sorcery. If is a hatred or merely distrust or seeing it as a tool for weaklings, then is up to the barbarian and his tribe in question. Is like attempting to mix a paladin with a dread necromancer.

The entire collection of weird nonsensical mixed classes is both stupid and pointless, but that's PF for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom