Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Aarwolf

Learned
jfc the period between twice-born warlord and rushlight is boring as fuck. endlessly pressing SKIP DAY with no content to explore. I hope Wrath doesn't have anything like this, I'm almost tempted to say fuck the artisans and put kingdom management on auto

You have to wait for a month to end act III. If you do Areelu's lab after clearing the map and doing all other quests, you have to skip days until Galfrey arrives.

And then again at the end of act V you have to wait for months skipping days to get true ending, watching your crusade morale nose dive into oblivion.

Sarathiour

Cipher
You can't call Galfrey until you completed all of the main quest in act 3, not just areelu's lab.

Aarwolf

Learned
That's what I said.

Doing Areelu's lab is completing the main quest - after that all you do is one talk with Hand of Inheritor and he calls Galfrey.

Sarathiour

Cipher
You're doing Areelu's lab last ? Man that the first thing I do on chapter three, mythic progression is already fucking slow, why the fuck do you want to do the whole chapter without it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished swarm, surprisingly enough unique content.
Some bugs as I didn't recruit Lann and Arushalae became evil in the Abyss but both were there condeming me (Arushalae the uncorrupted version).
The final fight seems bugged too, but I won't spoiler why.

It's terribly unbalanced as before mythic 9 you are weak as fuck, I had to cheese fights and even the mythic quest, and then you become much much stronger as I did the ineluctable prison without resting and threeshold was super easy (martial build, not caster).
Ironically enemies that gave me more problems were the swarms, and the final fight, as I had no way to dispell the final boss (I did not even try to do the second stage as it would be painful).

As I wrote before I lost all the mythic abilties and the mythic spellbook I had before (demon).

Pharasma congraluting to me at the end seemed not very appropriate.

You have some crusade/mythic events in Drezen that are supposed to give you abilities and buffs (to you) but obviously they don't work.

Ah right, lot of issues with skillchecks too as I wasn't a skillmonkey and you are suddendly alone without a party.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've been progressing my Archaeologist Trickster again, partly to see what the Trickery mythic is like, and holy shit, ONE application of Trickery 2 (Target) dispelled from the dragon Melazmera in the Colphyr mines:-

Resist all the elements (sequentially)
Haste
Displacement
Heroism, Greater
Bear's Endurance
Owl's Wisdom
Cat's Grace
Barkskin
Shield
See Invisibility
Freedom of Movement
Delay Poison
Heroism
Foresight
Mage Armor
Blur
Bull's Strength

S/he was a pussycat after that. I mean, her Shadow Breath was still deadly but she only manage to get one off.

I don't know enough about the system to know whether I should be amazed by that, but I am :)

(I should add that's with Trickery itself at +46 from Rank 15 - i.e. with Dex +10 and a whole bunch of other bits and bobs, e.g. Clever Explorer +7, Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught +5 etc.)

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've been progressing my Archaeologist Trickster again, partly to see what the Trickery mythic is like, and holy shit, ONE application of Trickery 2 (Target) dispelled from the dragon Melazmera in the Colphyr mines:-

Haste
Displacement
Heroism, Greater
Bear's Endurance
Owl's Wisdom
Cat's Grace
Barkskin
Shield
See Invisibility
Freedom of Movement
Delay Poison
Heroism
Foresight
Mage Armor
Blur
Bull's Strength

S/he was a pussycat after that. I mean, her Shadow Breath was still deadly but she only manage to get one off.

I don't know enough about the system to know whether I should be amazed by that, but I am :)

I'm looking forward to my Aeon's Quickened Selective Zero State :D
Although I guess a Trickster's Dispell is still stronger... while a Lich's carries some nicer... side effects.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Haste
Displacement
Heroism, Greater
Bear's Endurance
Owl's Wisdom
Cat's Grace
Barkskin
Shield
See Invisibility
Freedom of Movement
Delay Poison
Heroism
Foresight
Mage Armor
Blur
Bull's Strength

(I should add that's with Trickery itself at +46 from Rank 15 - i.e. with Dex +10 and a whole bunch of other bits and bobs, e.g. Clever Explorer +7, Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught +5 etc.)

Yes, that’s what I’ve been trying to tell people since my own Archeologist Trickster run in early Beta. Glad someone else has finally found it.

Nicely refutes @Saravan’s nonsense as well, since not trivial to get in there with that touch range ability but is massively game changing due to enemy prebuffs in Wrath.

Especially the hardest ones, which are what matter most. That was hardest fight on my main playthrough since didn’t have access to good Dispel.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Found another potentially handy-dandy little mod. I'm sure some of us (with spellcasters, who like to use lots and lots of toolbars as a hangover from the MMO days, especially) feel the pinch of only having 4 toolbars in the PF games. Here's a new mod that might possibly alleviate that a bit for WOTR:-

Spell Pouch (github here).

It enables you to group anything by holding SHIFT and dragging/dropping one icon on top of another; you then get the in-game option to give the Group a name, and a new icon with a grey border that "contains" whatever icons you've put in there (with the usual arrowhead-opener thingy) appears in the Abilities tray, which you can then drag to the toolbars anywhere.

Like for instance you could group your most-used buffs plus their metamagicked higher level versions, or group your more rarely used control spells of all levels, or group your melee feats where you have to switch some of them off and on sometimes (e.g. Power Attack in the early stages), or the ranged feats where you have to do the same (like switching on Deadly Aim only when you have some extra buffage from the team).

It has a few other neat tricks like autocasting from the group icon, etc.

Doesn't make a huge difference, but as everyone (who likes using toolbars) knows, even one toolbar space can be precious in the later game.

I do hope and wish that someone makes an extra toolbars mod for these games some day though.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I should probably finish this...
I have to find that Hand... Angel... Handgel guy. And then go to ruins and fight Deskari I think. And after that it's the final chapter, right?
How many hours of gameplay is that?

RetardedDancingDonut.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

Sarathiour

Cipher
I should probably finish this...
I have to find that Hand... Angel... Handgel guy. And then go to ruins and fight Deskari I think. And after that it's the final chapter, right?
How many hours of gameplay is that?

RetardedDancingDonut.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

After deskari + hand you can go to threshold, wich is 2 hours at the uttermost.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Further Trickery 2 shenanigans on my Archaeologist Trickster, lvl 19, nearing the end sadly (I must say, I've rather been enjoying the game post-Alushinyrra, tidying up the companion quests, seeing the remaining sights, etc. I think the companion quests may actually be the best-written parts of the game. Regill's was excellent, but Lann's, Daeren's, Seelah's, etc., were all quite satisfying too.)

Dispelled from Darek Sunhammer:-

Blur
Mirror Image
Displacement
Echolocation
All the Resist Elements (sequentially)
Shield
Heroism
Foresight
Magical Vestment Armor
Mind Blank
Haste
Life Bubble
Freedom of Movement
Thought Sense
True Seeing
Death Ward
+one other I wrote down but can't decipher

The wee bastard went down in like 4 hits from dual wielding shortsword (Blitz Cut) and shield bash (Blinding Light) after that :)

That's with Trickery at +59 (Rank 19, Dex +13, Class Skill +3, Clever Explorer +9, Creative Approach +3, Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught +5, Devil Imp +2, Jack of All Trades +1, Heroism +4)

Desiderius

Patron
Playing Phantasmal Mage now that TTT has fixed most of the non-functional stuff.

Still can't believe the Hunt basic ability they gave the Ranger General isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this fixed - it's the main thing you do every fight.

Anyone know how I can fix it myself if we can't get Owlcat off their asses? Can anybody mod it real quick and post the mod here or to Nexus?

Desiderius

Patron
Why would you bother to add a major ability that does nothing and not even test it?

I just don't get it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would you bother to add a major ability that does nothing and not even test it?

I just don't get it.

they clearly overstretch themselves with Crusade mode and it's clear that the mode is half-baked

the ratio of actual coder in the game is actually pretty low and with recent announcement of RT rpg, clear that they have moved resources there. From FAQ Alpha of RT is this year so the game dev cycle probably started pretty early after Wrath was released

Sunri

Liturgist
What are codex opinions on dlc adventure seems quite low budget, only 2 story companions and one of them is annoying gnome some weird survival mechanics and shit.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What are codex opinions on dlc adventure seems quite low budget, only 2 story companions and one of them is annoying gnome some weird survival mechanics and shit.

It is perfect and more fun than original campaign.
DLCs are focused on either avoiding fights or ending fights in non obvious ways (like pushing stone on enemy etc).

Sunri

Liturgist

DLCs are focused on either avoiding fights or ending fights in non obvious ways (like pushing stone on enemy etc).

Yea I already pushed stone on my party, I'm more annoyed about gas chamber cemetery I have to micro my every character otherwise they run into toxic clouds, and they never fixed pathfinding if I click on enemy in narrow corridor my melee characters start running around instead attacking enemy and there are a lot of those narrow spaces in dlc.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Yea I already pushed stone on my party, I'm more annoyed about gas chamber cemetery I have to micro my every character otherwise they run into toxic clouds, and they never fixed pathfinding if I click on enemy in narrow corridor my melee characters start running around instead attacking enemy and there are a lot of those narrow spaces in dlc.

In narrow use turn-based.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

eh it's OK. I am actually for combat being unrewarding as you are not supposed to do it, but there are lot of instances where you are forced to do so still thus defeating the premise of the module

you can consider the DLC 2 as a expanded experience of doing Kennaberes market in 1 walkthrough if that makes sense

mind that the story of DLC 2 ends in cliffhanger tho

Desiderius

Patron
Great idea, execution falls off as you proceed and a lot of things suggest that coders don't play. So like main game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought the DLC was decent... some half-baked ideas, just like the main campaign, but the focus on low level and adding different ways of addressing challenges (or at least trying to) was enjoyable. I made a custom party with a quarterstaff master MC who I'd likely never play in the main game, and had a good enough time for a few hours.

BTW, Desiderius, iirc, the rich quarter is the last big zone in the DLC (not counting a single encounter by the tavern), so you were already almost through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom