Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought the DLC was decent... some half-baked ideas, just like the main campaign, but the focus on low level and adding different ways of addressing challenges (or at least trying to) was enjoyable. I made a custom party with a quarterstaff master MC who I'd likely never play in the main game, and had a good enough time for a few hours.

BTW, Desiderius, iirc, the rich quarter is the last big zone in the DLC (not counting a single encounter by the tavern), so you were already almost through.

Yeah I know but it just got to be too much. Repetitive encounters with no EXP or meaningful loot. Going to the places you're directed to and nothing meaningful there. Just painfully mailed-in.

BTW QStaff Master Angel in main game is awesome.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Not touching DLC1 since the base game is still a fucking mess.

Is the dlc2 in a playable state ?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not touching DLC1 since the base game is still a fucking mess.

Is the dlc2 in a playable state ?

Well as far playable goes, base game, DLC 1, DLC 2 are all playable. The issue with base game and DLC 1 is not really playability.

DLC 2 is playable with one glaring exception that treat illness skill now require an item. The problem is there is only 1 of that item the whole bloody campagin. That being said there are far more way to remove affliction so it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I mean not playabale in the sens that lot of my character's ability are still not working as intended, and I do not see the point of playing at level 20/M10 with dysfunctional abilities.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
DLC2 takes you to about lvl 6, so yeah, it is playable. Obviously, any issues with classes and abilities in the base game will still be there in the DLC, but I think most of those are only really felt at higher levels.

As others have said, despite combat not being the focus (no xp for kills), there are quite a few fights you can't really avoid.

Sunri

Liturgist
The biggest problem with low lv pathfinder is that it's super random enemy gets random crit and my character is dead, I had to restart and make some semi try hard characters to progress on core.

Humbaba

Arcane
The biggest problem with low lv pathfinder is that it's super random enemy gets random crit and my character is dead
Implying this doesn't happen throughout the game.

It doesn’t. You just suck.

Tomorrow I can get better at the game but you'll be autistic forever.

Trying get a Wiz8 mod to work. Playing Old World.
And then rendering that thread unreadable with worthless quadruple posts, those poor wizardry fans.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
An incident occurred in the Colphyr Mines that reminded me of that perennial argy-bargy about RTwP being somehow "harder" and more macho than turn-based, and turn-based being poofy "easy mode." In my experience it's actually really variable, sometimes it's that way round, but just as often it's the other way round. Like just there, I was noodling along in turn-based mode, which I generally prefer, and having a devil of a time with a particular room, then in frustration I reloaded, stuck it in RTwP, buffed up, ran in, and it more or less played itself - and it was an absolute slaughter, over in like 20 seconds.

If you have good builds with lots of AOOs flying around, it's actually beneficial for it to be in RTwP, because all the things play off each other simultaneously really well.

In other news, I've installed Tabletop Tweaks. What a monster! I liked the look of the fixes and changes so I thought I'd give it a go, and it works well. I had to laugh though at the "proper" prereqs for Loremaster - instead of the lame vanilla "couple of metamagics, a skill focus, and get your spells to level 3 and bob's your uncle," the mod has the prereqs as not just two skill foci but two of the knowledge and/or lore skills to rank 7, plus 3 out of metamagics/scribe scrolls/brew potions, plus your level 3 arcane spells. Hurt me baby! Feels much more proper, you're paying a real cost for such an amazing dip. Or again, I was toying with a build that stacked the pseudo-DEX to AC from Oracle's Nature's Whispers with the Scaled Fist CHA to AC - that doesn't work in the mod, so the build is completely nullified. The nice thing about the mod though is that you can selectively "false out" things you don't want in a .json. Really well done.

Sarathiour

Cipher
and having a devil of a time with a particular room

The way some room are designed will fuck you up in turn based. They force to move with you party within a tight corridor, only for you to get greeting at the end with a bunch of spread shit which are immedaiatly going to launch a variety of fog and cloud spell plus aoe.
RTwp tend to be easier for such situation, because you don't have to wait you turn for moving out of such an obvious trap.
Well that's actaully not true most of the time, because pathfind will fuck up and instead everyone will be bottlenecked at the end of the corridor and still it all the aoe.

That's my main beef with level such as sanctum, prison, fane and lab, forcing you to play the door game is rarely good design.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Finally started playing this so will just list my thoughts here (tutorial cave, Mongrel Village, Maze),

- Poorly written dialogue, very melodramatic and boring
- NPCs with overly dramatic, annoying voice acting, like watching anime. Idk why people do this, Mongrel chief was unvoiced and it was awesome to read and imagine his voice
- Silliest intro I've seen, festival attacked by demons and giant dragon appears and dies in 1 second (?)
- Intro too scripted, cannot explore at own pace which ruins exploration
- 5 mandatory companions in 2 minutes
- None of the characters seem to be ordinary, everyone is some tiefling/mutant/freak like it's Planescape. Seems tryhard and without measure
- Somewhat awkward camera / perspective and dark, barebone maps with poor optional content
- Lots of placeholder portraits, placeholder icons, feats that aren't even implemented
- Loot shown on minimap lol
- Everything is highlighted or marked leading to limited interactivity
- Poor portrait selection, mostly women and various creatures

Basically feels like HotU for inept zoomers

Follow up (finished Maze, Grey Garrison, now in HQ),

- Incredibly trash combat, every encounter is the same. Feels like playing PST all over again and mowing down enemies like in some RTS game
- Dialogue is really cringe. NPCs say stuff like "dunno" and "like" and use other zoomer vocabulary which is incredibly cringe
- Let me say it again, very annoying voice actors
- There was 1 puzzle, and it was very banal (the four color switches). You just play around with combinations until you pass. It's about time not intelligence
- Skillbar is reminiscent of BG and very limited. You place items onto your belt before dragging them to the bar. So when you consume the items, you need to repeat the process again. Too much clicks and NwN did this way better

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, you're basically half way through Act 1. You're going to start bumping into the mythic paths now, which might spice things up a bit, but Act 1 will arguably remain just as weak until the end.

As far as I'm concerned Act 1 is the weakest. But... looking forward to what you think of Act 2/ rest of the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finally! Vulpine Pounce goes brrr again!

F030967BDBDE3325BE801E9B7CB0215E8AC2C147

Also its lovely to have good Initiative for once... and eliminate all those annoying angry Sarkonian Spectres before they can cast/summon anything.
DA7B4D3EA049523D121C9E4564C783CD07122443

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now 10 (with Ember's bonus Bite).
Next level 11 (11 BAB).
Next on level 15 - 12 with GTWF (if I'll still use Hasty Eradicator, that is).

Edit: Looking forward to also add Boots of Stampede and Resounding Blow procs to that :)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally started playing this so will just list my thoughts here (tutorial cave, Mongrel Village, Maze),

- Poorly written dialogue, very melodramatic and boring
- NPCs with overly dramatic, annoying voice acting, like watching anime. Idk why people do this, Mongrel chief was unvoiced and it was awesome to read and imagine his voice
- Silliest intro I've seen, festival attacked by demons and giant dragon appears and dies in 1 second (?)
- Intro too scripted, cannot explore at own pace which ruins exploration
- 5 mandatory companions in 2 minutes
- None of the characters seem to be ordinary, everyone is some tiefling/mutant/freak like it's Planescape. Seems tryhard and without measure
- Somewhat awkward camera / perspective and dark, barebone maps with poor optional content
- Lots of placeholder portraits, placeholder icons, feats that aren't even implemented
- Loot shown on minimap lol
- Everything is highlighted or marked leading to limited interactivity
- Poor portrait selection, mostly women and various creatures

Basically feels like HotU for inept zoomers

Follow up (finished Maze, Grey Garrison, now in HQ),

- Incredibly trash combat, every encounter is the same. Feels like playing PST all over again and mowing down enemies like in some RTS game
- Dialogue is really cringe. NPCs say stuff like "dunno" and "like" and use other zoomer vocabulary which is incredibly cringe
- Let me say it again, very annoying voice actors
- There was 1 puzzle, and it was very banal (the four color switches). You just play around with combinations until you pass. It's about time not intelligence
- Skillbar is reminiscent of BG and very limited. You place items onto your belt before dragging them to the bar. So when you consume the items, you need to repeat the process again. Too much clicks and NwN did this way better

They give you the order if you pay attention to your surroundings. Intelligence, not time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom