Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had not tested it yet, so it could be bugged.
Also... in terms of bugs, this game is that hot girl in highschool that was totally hot, but, for some reason, went goth and you had a strong suspicion she did drugs in the weekends. You know... HER?

Like... chapter 3 onwards it's a different, beatiful game, where all the degeneracy sees its comeuppance, but the experience is marred by bugs. There are quests that don't progress. Mechanics that don't work as intended. I dread to think how it looks like Chapter 5.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Should not the first composite artefact from Storyteller fix this problem?
I've yet to find him, so there's that bubble where you're like... "how am I supposed to fight demons like this?"

I mean, I'm going with LN, and I have Seelah/Paladin and Lann/Judge, and myself/Monk, and I can still hit things, but I can imagine other alignments are having issues. But then again, you're right. Maybe it's a temporary issue, and maybe I haven't played the game CE yet, so... who knows?

Then find him.

Magic Weapon, Greater stacks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It’s roughly equivalent to Spell Spell Specialization Feat
yeah, not worth to go spontaneous for a feat.

then again, for me nothing is.

Pretty much only class that sets up well for Winter Witch ATM
what about le shaman, nothing there?

also wake me up when they fix Hag witch unless they already did.

Like... chapter 3 onwards it's a different, beatiful game.
well thats about how far ran the beta. around 3.5 chapters.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright. To anyone playing Aeon: How do you progress at Averis vs. Ramley, after you find his stash? My log won't progress, and I can't find him in Drezen.

If that's not a bug, then what is?

zapotec

Liturgist
Will i gimp myself by playing the ranger storm archetype? I remember demons being immune to electrocution

Israfael

Arcane
Also, just maybe, we Russians still keep playing on computers with at least good aircoolers, while the Westerners are falling over each other with playing on macbooks, thin laptops for "mah mobility", or gaming laptops that cram too powerful hardware into cases with poor cooling.
Not really, I have a good water-cooled PC and the game is still heaping loads of watts on my GPU (Vega 56). On the other hand, it's no different from the predecessor albeit WOTR is a bit better optimized with regards to CPU load so it's pumping more than 40 fps in the city as compared to PFKM.

In any case, if people have troubles with overheating the GPU, just install MSI Afterburner (it's free) and lock fps to whatever value you believe to be okay. Works in any game, even Unity abominations (at least in both Pathfinders there is a true exclusive fullscreen option that removes micro-stutters that plagued my playthrough in Subnautica/Below Zero)

Mortmal

Arcane
I had not tested it yet, so it could be bugged.
Also... in terms of bugs, this game is that hot girl in highschool that was totally hot, but, for some reason, went goth and you had a strong suspicion she did drugs in the weekends. You know... HER?

Like... chapter 3 onwards it's a different, beatiful game, where all the degeneracy sees its comeuppance, but the experience is marred by bugs. There are quests that don't progress. Mechanics that don't work as intended. I dread to think how it looks like Chapter 5.
Think i am at end of chapter 3, indeed many bugs, impossible to finish the succubus companion quest for exemple . I am at the part "wait for the queen" how long am i supposed to wait ? You can never know if its a feature or a bug...

Parabalus

Arcane
You get an item at the begining of C2 which makes everything Cold Iron.
Okay. I've explored everything pretty much autistically, and I've not come up with any such items. Please reply to this with spoiler tags: when and where can you find this item you speak of.
Brimorak house in market sqaure.

You need 5 magic essences (there are 6 in C1), talk to the storyteller immediately after C2 starts, he vanishes until the dragon hunt in C3.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Should not the first composite artefact from Storyteller fix this problem?
I've yet to find him, so there's that bubble where you're like... "how am I supposed to fight demons like this?"

I mean, I'm going with LN, and I have Seelah/Paladin and Lann/Judge, and myself/Monk, and I can still hit things, but I can imagine other alignments are having issues. But then again, you're right. Maybe it's a temporary issue, and maybe I haven't played the game CE yet, so... who knows?

Then find him.

Magic Weapon, Greater stacks.

He's this thread's magic 8 ball. Full of useful advice

7CZA.gif

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay. I've explored everything pretty much autistically, and I've not come up with any such items. Please reply to this with spoiler tags: when and where can you find this item you speak of.
Ok, step by step:
1. There is a burning house in SW part of Market Squire. Inside it is a set piece fight with fireballing Brimorak and container with "Piece of Holy Symbol".
2. You could ask Storyteller about it and he says that he need 5 Magic Essenses to restore it.
3. Essence Locations:
- Tower of Estrod, basement
- Library, secret room
- Gwerm Estate, second floor
- 2 on first floor of Gray Garrison
- 1 on second floor of Gray Garrison
total in CH1 - 6
4. When CH2 starts, Storyteller stands right next to you after cutscene. You need to talk to him here and now or he would leave soon.
Item
n128XOi.png

Jorus

Educated
Finally finished Wrath with my Lich playthrough!
x2jm70.png
While I enjoyed the majority of the game chapter 5 imo is the weakest of the chapters, everything feels disjointed, some of the quests and parts of the story feels unsatisfactory while there were some fun moments like
watching Irabeth die, killing Galfrey and ressing her, killing Anevia and then having my evil Lich villain speech
and of course bugs (especially plaguing Lich like not getting the undead trait) really soured my enjoyment of this chapter. I'll say this Nyrissa, The Latern King and the others from Kingmaker were better antagonists and more satisfying to fight than Areelu and the Demon Lords.

Well onward to the Demon playthrough.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
It’s roughly equivalent to Spell Spell Specialization Feat
yeah, not worth to go spontaneous for a feat.

then again, for me nothing is.

Pretty much only class that sets up well for Winter Witch ATM
what about le shaman, nothing there?

also wake me up when they fix Hag witch unless they already did.

Like... chapter 3 onwards it's a different, beatiful game.
well thats about how far ran the beta. around 3.5 chapters.

I already told you that you go spontaneous so you can spam Patron Spells like Ice Storm and Icy Prison and Polar Ray. If regular Witch can spam Patron spells then I’m wrong. Shaman can’t spam Spirit spells and doesn’t have enough cold spells naturally I don’t think.

Spontaneous ends up being fine on Ember.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I already told you that you go spontaneous so you can spam Patron Spells like Ice Storm and Icy Prison and Polar Ray. If regular Witch can spam Patron spells then I’m wrong
Aaah I see. I will need to check on this.

I think you can, patron spells is just extra spells known? you confused me here.

And some (like Hag) use different parts at different stages
Nah, Hag makes sense to me. Early game caster lyfe is suffer so some claw attax can be a big help. On the other hand, I have little problems late game with landing any spells.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found an irritating bug, the archer spider lady apparently has some weapon enchantment that says Hunter and gives +1 but does not turn arrows into magical arrows like it should. I used a Masterwork Bow with her and got +1 to hit from that. Now that I swapped to real +1 Bow it does not stack with this Hunter thing and I got 1 less attack lol. Masterwork and Enchantment are not supposed to stack...

It’s from her background. Martial backgrounds come with that to help people suck less early.
Does not work well. It should either be real enchantment bonus or be something that stacks with enchantment

Desiderius

Patron
Persistent Loremaster on Nenio is going to be lit.

Desiderius

Patron
I found an irritating bug, the archer spider lady apparently has some weapon enchantment that says Hunter and gives +1 but does not turn arrows into magical arrows like it should. I used a Masterwork Bow with her and got +1 to hit from that. Now that I swapped to real +1 Bow it does not stack with this Hunter thing and I got 1 less attack lol. Masterwork and Enchantment are not supposed to stack...

It’s from her background. Martial backgrounds come with that to help people suck less early.
Does not work well. It should either be real enchantment bonus or be something that stacks with enchantment

Your atk is enhanced because you’re an experienced Hunter. That stacks with well-balanced Masterwork wep.

dacencora

Also, just maybe, we Russians still keep playing on computers with at least good aircoolers, while the Westerners are falling over each other with playing on macbooks, thin laptops for "mah mobility", or gaming laptops that cram too powerful hardware into cases with poor cooling.
Not really, I have a good water-cooled PC and the game is still heaping loads of watts on my GPU (Vega 56). On the other hand, it's no different from the predecessor albeit WOTR is a bit better optimized with regards to CPU load so it's pumping more than 40 fps in the city as compared to PFKM.

In any case, if people have troubles with overheating the GPU, just install MSI Afterburner (it's free) and lock fps to whatever value you believe to be okay. Works in any game, even Unity abominations (at least in both Pathfinders there is a true exclusive fullscreen option that removes micro-stutters that plagued my playthrough in Subnautica/Below Zero)
I find that PFKM runs smoother on my machine. Unity gonna unity, I guess. I think there were less explosions/bloom/glow in Kingmaker, so that is probably why.

Desiderius

Patron
I already told you that you go spontaneous so you can spam Patron Spells like Ice Storm and Icy Prison and Polar Ray. If regular Witch can spam Patron spells then I’m wrong
Aaah I see. I will need to check on this.

I think you can, patron spells is just extra spells known? you confused me here.

And some (like Hag) use different parts at different stages
Nah, Hag makes sense to me. Early game caster lyfe is suffer so some claw attax can be a big help. On the other hand, I have little problems late game with landing any spells.

Extra Ray on Hellfire stuff like Arbitrament obviously for Dispel, Greater extra dice for big AoE when Caster level matters it’s worth a Hex when you’ve already got a million. I like the classes that trade in extra hexes for stuff like Channeling or Hag free STR (perfect for classes with STR malus like Kit) or that Shaman with the Sneaks.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Ok, step by step:
1. There is a burning house in SW part of Market Squire. Inside it is a set piece fight with fireballing Brimorak and container with "Piece of Holy Symbol".
2. You could ask Storyteller about it and he says that he need 5 Magic Essenses to restore it.
3. Essence Locations:
- Library, secret room
total in CH1 - 6
4. When CH2 starts, Storyteller stands right next to you after cutscene. You need to talk to him here and now or he would leave soon.
Item
n128XOi.png
Ugh he’s left my camp, so now I have a bunch of useless +1/+2 weapons.

Vatnik Wumao
Ok, step by step:
3. Essence Locations:
- Library, secret room
total in CH1 - 6
Item
n128XOi.png
For what it's worth, I gave that item to the Queen. Dunno if it'll have any impact on the plot, but yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom