Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found an irritating bug, the archer spider lady apparently has some weapon enchantment that says Hunter and gives +1 but does not turn arrows into magical arrows like it should. I used a Masterwork Bow with her and got +1 to hit from that. Now that I swapped to real +1 Bow it does not stack with this Hunter thing and I got 1 less attack lol. Masterwork and Enchantment are not supposed to stack...

It’s from her background. Martial backgrounds come with that to help people suck less early.
Does not work well. It should either be real enchantment bonus or be something that stacks with enchantment

Your atk is enhanced because you’re an experienced Hunter. That stacks with well-balanced Masterwork wep.
I should not. It is an Enchantment bonus that does not stack with those from magical weapons but at same time does not allow you to hit enemies like Shadows that can only be hit by magical weapons. And in PnP Enchantment bonus does not stack with Masterwork bonus.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Freedom of Movement is good already and lasts forever plus there’s Boots. I already do that with Daeran. I like Spontaneous Enduring and just have a buff and a spell each level or so. It’s a narrower book anyway.

Desiderius

Patron
I found an irritating bug, the archer spider lady apparently has some weapon enchantment that says Hunter and gives +1 but does not turn arrows into magical arrows like it should. I used a Masterwork Bow with her and got +1 to hit from that. Now that I swapped to real +1 Bow it does not stack with this Hunter thing and I got 1 less attack lol. Masterwork and Enchantment are not supposed to stack...

It’s from her background. Martial backgrounds come with that to help people suck less early.
Does not work well. It should either be real enchantment bonus or be something that stacks with enchantment

Your atk is enhanced because you’re an experienced Hunter. That stacks with well-balanced Masterwork wep.
I should not. It is an Enchantment bonus that does not stack with those from magical weapons but at same time does not allow you to hit enemies like Shadows that can only be hit by magical weapons. And in PnP Enchantment bonus does not stack with Masterwork bonus.

This isn’t PnP. It’s enhancement, not enchantment. Kind of dumb if it makes MW better than +1 magical to be sure.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Till KoTC 2 launches in Steam/GoG.
Now that you mention it, the chapter 1 boss fight reminded me of the encounters in KotC 2, with the small difference that Pierre would have given the cheat buff to the enemies instead of you..

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Can somebody who is less stupid than me explain how the fuck does the level drain ability work? The black paladin chick got drained during a succubus fight, and there was a timer on top saying 24 hours which kept going down. Naturally I assumed it would wear off after that time, so I decided to tough it out until a couple of rests later. However, instead it became permanent.

It's not that big of a deal and I'll try to get a hold of some restoration potions once I'm not in a dungeon anymore, but I'm wondering, is "this effect lasts for 24 hours, at which point it becomes permanent" the intended behavior, or is there some obvious detail in the rules I'm too illiterate to notice, or is it a bug?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can somebody who is less stupid than me explain how the fuck does the level drain ability work? The black paladin chick got drained during a succubus fight, and there was a timer on top saying 24 hours which kept going down. Naturally I assumed it would wear off after that time, so I decided to tough it out until a couple of rests later. However, instead it became permanent.

I believe that you get negative levels and after a rest do a save. If the save fails, only restoration can restore the levels or something like that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh another bug. Cruoromancer gets Animate Dead as bonus lvl 3 spell but you cannot put it into Specialization slot where only Necro spells go LOL

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My Paladin really is a kind spirit. Sometimes, when the party gets ambushed while traveling across the city, he decides to get off his horse before the fight to offer a balanced fight to his enemies. What a cool dude.

Desiderius

Patron
Get some Stealth so you can ambush the baddies. Skillz mattering big time on World Map is major incline.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Maybe I’ll take a month break and then come back. Not really feeling any motivation to go on, story is a drag and combat while an improvement somewhat, I still can’t stomach rtwp cause I am feeble and it’s too much to handle (turn-based is very clunky so also waiting for patches for that.). Also crusade system is boring.

Welp, I’m out. See you guys in a month.
:hero:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I have to say, the game is pretty fucking hard on "hard" settings.. getting absolutely destroyed with 2x pally and ember and those oher two mage bitches.

U have to massively cheese abit, or u just get fucked up the asshole.

mobs have like AC 40 at lvl 4. yeah ok :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, ffs, you stupid nigger bitch! Can i kill her? Why wait for tomorrow?

paz3pV6.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i punched this traitor, my first "EVUL!!!" choice ever and FULL crusade morale went -15, from perfect 20 to 5. Are you fucking serious? Why i even bother leading them?

Robber Baron

Savant
fug Aeire Ember stares right into my soul

20210907210557-2.jpg

anyway
not as good as I hoped to since I've found HD art only for Camilla, but I just can't stand vanilla Seelah face, and Ember's bug eyes freak me out and Camilla's art is just not sexy enough for my taste not to mention not detailed enough

use this https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod along with Unity Mod manager and change portrait under Doll options using custom portrait from usual directory

Fulllength.png

Medium.png

Small.png

Fulllength.png

Medium.png

Small.png

Fulllength.png

Medium.png

Small.png

dacencora

I have to say, the game is pretty fucking hard on "hard" settings.. getting absolutely destroyed with 2x pally and ember and those oher two mage bitches.

Get all the enemies knocked prone with sleep/hideous laughter/grease/etc and then great cleave from a distance.

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Same here. There are many bugs, but most of all I dislike the writing. I actually enjoy learning about my companion backgrounds but for fuck's sake, do it a bit naturally. Like when I first meet a guy, I don't want him to immediately go "I was raised in a village of XX and my life has been so hard because I am half-orc. Everybody hated me there for my skin color and then I went elsewhere and it was horrible too (continue like this for 5 screens, I am no longer reading)... and then I met my lesbian lover and (another 3 screens of oversharing)" . The fuck? I ended up even skipping quest dialogues, because all the fucking people kept oversharing with me all sorts of bullshit that I did not care about. Seriously why do these fucking people talk so much? Writing in the original game was certainly not stellar, but I never had any issues following it.

Also - another thing - retarded comical interludes. Seriously, it's just as bad as in one of those games written by Japanese virgins. So the story takes place in a war ravaged town and is kind of atmospheric and then the player runs into a total SELF OBSESSED CUNT researcher who COMPLETELY IGNORES all the dead and suffering around her, bothering everybody with stupid pointless riddles. I have literally zero desire to talk to the bitch, yet she keeps going on an on about her academic background and "research" and whatnot. Yes, you guessed it - she is a companion.

I got all the way to the inn attack which was completely bugged and both demons and crusaders got stuck walking in place, I shot all the attacker with ranged weapons. Big cheer followed as the orc-woman-commander announced loses were "minimal". I uninstalled the piece of crap. Maybe if they fixed the bugs I will come back (and play with a custom made party, not the retarded companions provided by the game. I think I kind of enjoy the actual gameplay and setting.

Trash Player

Scholar
Yeah too bad.

View attachment 20756

You're over half-way there. Keep at it!
Well shit, how would a martial class deal with that? Debuffs?
The standard cheese. It is immune to stagger and prone in the release build though. Or just picking parties that actually can squeeze AB.
Agnostic way is the damage on miss mythics. Yes, seriously. Those scales surprisingly well. Currently, Smite X works on the Str to damage one, so go ham with a HK or Pally.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And IMO the best of WoTR are the chapter 2, 3 and beginning of ch 4. IS cool to do evil shirt in ch 5/6 but there are too much bloat.
Soo how big is 5/6 chapters? I am at the end of 4 and had good time with it,shame that it had that stupid rotating camera gimmick.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah too bad.

View attachment 20756

You're over half-way there. Keep at it!
Well shit, how would a martial class deal with that? Debuffs?
The standard cheese. It is immune to stagger and prone in the release build though. Or just picking parties that actually can squeeze AB.
Agnostic way is the damage on miss mythics. Yes, seriously. Those scales surprisingly well. Currently, Smite X works on the Str to damage one, so go ham with a HK or Pally.

Nothing cheesy about it. If you suck you can even invest in an ability that makes you suck less.

Or… you could just suck less.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Get all the enemies knocked prone with sleep/hideous laughter/grease/etc and then great cleave from a distance.

So in other words cheese, good luck with trying to control enemies that have tons of saving throws and resist everything cause of the high AC...

not to mention 900 enemies runing at u

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw what happens to those 7 strength demon armies i didn't killed if i start drezen charge? Can i clear them later?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom