Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Initiative matters in RTwP as well.
I don't think Rein-sama plays on some very high difficulty.
Not nearly as much.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Now with high DC Slow scrolls.
easily one of the best early spells.

Her spells may not allow that tho. Better safe than sorry.
he's just p weak compared to her, except his damage output.

She was really not prepared to contribute meaningfully in this fight.
hey no hate on the fox. fox needs nurture to grow.

spice-and-wolf-volchitsa-i-prianosti-anime-anime-kadr-horo-1.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Camilla can melee/tank
Can you quickly explain how you build Camilla into a tank? With her lacking the armor proficiencies and hitpoints, I'm curious how that works.

She has Medium Armor Proficiency and False Life and False Life, Greater. What game y'all playing?

Iceplant, Barkskin, Reduce Person. She's good to go.

Wep Focus Rapier
Fencing Grace
Outflank

Iceplant
Hampering Hex

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The best parts of the game are long stretches where you just mow down the enemies and nobody says a word.
-Daeran subquest was another piece of unbelievably cringe writing. I should start making fucking screenshots like some people here.
-I'm at the part where gargoyles attack the camp. They were described as mysterious flying creatures and I failed a world knowledge check required to recognize them. Why would there be a knowledge check to know the identity of enemy that is just beyond the tent? How could my character not recognize gargoyels from description despite the fact that I fought truckload of them to get Regil. In addition A PACK OF GARGOYLES WAS DEFENDING THE FORTRESS WHERE THE CAMP WAS SET. My army needed to kill some gargoyles for the event to trigger.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Reinhardt

Arcane
So far hardest fight was against bunch of ghosts. Simply because i'm not good against things you can't simply cut down. Exp was gud though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" for anyone who cares about achievements "

FUKK their achievements. I am not a big achievement guy to begin with, but they can be cool. But, the game is bullshit. I beat the water elemental but didn't get the ahcievement because I changed the difficulty to 'custom'... even though I made it harder than n core difficulty. 'Normal', for example, has the enemies do .8 damage. I moved it 1.0. I also gave enemies 'more abilities'. Yet, somehow some pleb gets credit for it but I don't even though the ele is 'more challenging' for me? LMAO

Also, how does HP per level work in the game? I tried to 'cheesy' reload like other D&D games but I seem to get the same amount of hit points no matter what. Is it just bad luck or what? I also see no options for 'max hp per level' but I have no doubt their enemies have max health per HD. L0L

BALANCE. "BALANCE".

But, hey, I still got the most unbalanced power: Word of Power: Reload.

LMFAO

Desiderius

Patron
So, I cleared all of Drezen only to discover that k apparently had not fulfilled the requirements to recruit the succubus... Fuck me.

You can get her after you clear it. A quest pops up.

Desiderius

Patron
" for anyone who cares about achievements "

FUKK their achievements. I am not a big achievement guy to begin with, but they can be cool. But, the game is bullshit. I beat the water elemental but didn't get the ahcievement because I changed the difficulty to 'custom'... even though I made it harder than n core difficulty. 'Normal', for example, has the enemies do .8 damage. I moved it 1.0. I also gave enemies 'more abilities'. Yet, somehow some pleb gets credit for it but I don't even though the ele is 'more challenging' for me? LMAO

Also, how does HP per level work in the game? I tried to 'cheesy' reload like other D&D games but I seem to get the same amount of hit points no matter what. Is it just bad luck or what? I also see no options for 'max hp per level' but I have no doubt their enemies have max health per HD. L0L

BALANCE. "BALANCE".

But, hey, I still got the most unbalanced power: Word of Power: Reload.

LMFAO

So you're saying you're a big achievement guy.

Curious.

Parabalus

Arcane
Casted 0 greases so far. And 0 webs. And the only time i casted acid pit by fox its only victim was nigga.
Do you play RTWP? How do you do crowd control?
TB. Charge with my 2h fighter into the middle of the crowd.
Makes sense. In TB you can play tactically and think about your decisions, also initiative actually matters.

Whenever I play RTWP my brain freezes and I become sterile, game is too overwhelming in RT. TB though? I actually attempt to think and play tactically.

TB is also easier by prob 2 full difficulty levels, maybe more.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Casted 0 greases so far. And 0 webs. And the only time i casted acid pit by fox its only victim was nigga.
Makes sense. In TB you can play tactically and think about your decisions, also initiative actually matters.

Whenever I play RTWP my brain freezes and I become sterile, game is too overwhelming in RT. TB though? I actually attempt to think and play tactically.

That’s the catch, play a fun combat system at the expense of the difficulty or play the shit one but with the proper difficulty. TB is just an afterthought, like POE2 and Kingmaker.

So pick your poison.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"So you're saying you're a big achievement guy.

Curious."

Nah. I just said it was illogical.

This is how it happened and how I reacted: "Oh, I didn't get the achievemtn like people claimed. Oh. *shrug*" Then I moved on. If I was a 'BIG achievement guy', I would have rushed over to Owlcat's forums, and posted a 1000 word message about how it was shitty and didn't get the achievement." other than post a short message on RPGCodex where most people don't give a shit. LMAO

... Oh that reminds me.... I have a 1000 word message to post on another forum.. I won't say where, I'll be back. :wink:

Reinhardt

Arcane

Debatable. Swarms were really rapey before patch for example. Rat swarms in marketplace could kill your party even before your turn started.

Shadenuat

Arcane
... Oh that reminds me.... I have a 100 word message to post on another forum.. I won't say where, I'll be back. :wink:
As long as its not Something Awful we forgive you.

Oh right. Desiderius meet Volourn . Vol meet Desuman.
They wrote Camelia from her. So just pamper Pretty Princess and it will be all fine.
or pretend.

Desiderius

Patron
Cam pics:

Cam8Charge.jpg

Ghost Touch and Enemies Bane bypassing DR/Bludgeoning and doing the full damages

Cam2 tank WaterElemental.jpg

Tanking a certain Elemental

Cam2 Inflict Water Elemental.jpg

And Inflicting not very maximum Pain

Cam6 tanking Jeska.jpg

Jeska fight tanking since we forgot to recruit Inquisitors

Cam6 wide crit.jpg

Gotta love that wide crit Range from Keen Weapon Enchant.

Vatnik Wumao
As long as you keep the same difficulty settings throughout one's playthrough, does switching between TB and RTwP fuck up earning Steam achievements?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom