Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I almost wish Owlcat were working on D&D instead of Larian.
Nah, they would have added mini "IL-2" air combat simulator with dragons and Illithid ships. Also, they would not change the dice roll animation several times just to entice morons.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Now that this game is out, what AP do you think is next? I hope it's Carion Crown. The only thing better than crusading demons is purging the world of undead scum in the name of Pharasma

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Interesting fight at the church

Maugla :mixedemotions: Playing core difficulty rt and could not kill that fucker

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ok, it seems that if you wanna do a necromancer character, the way to go is with a wizard. I tried a bit with the sorcerer and going with the abyssal bloodline and with inquisitor/monster tactician, they are really good for summoners in general but they dont sinergize well with undead summons, you lose the necromancy school slot of the wizard and lose the buff for undead minions from Crueromancer, what is a big deal as the summoning feats dont work with undead minions.

So, my starting allocation for Cruoromancer/Eldritch Knight to be lich necromancer build:
13 S
18 D
12 C
18 I
10 W
8 C

Really dont like a pussy mage on the back that melts when enemies get nearby, so, some decent AC, good intelligence, need to improve a little to cast 9th level spells but not that hard to do, little bit of constitution to not be so terribly squishy and enough strength to get the Cleave perks what wont be that hard with the extra fighter feats from Eldritch Knight. Only doubt is that Eldritch Knight only start counting as a spellcaster level from level 2 forwards, that leaves me with only a single level to multiclass with something without losing access to 9th level spells.

Does Arcane Enforcer exploits work with spells on the wizard spellbook or with only its spells? The +2 DC for spells exploit in there looks very interesting.

Parabalus

Arcane
Ok, it seems that if you wanna do a necromancer character, the way to go is with a wizard. I tried a bit with the sorcerer and going with the abyssal bloodline and with inquisitor/monster tactician, they are really good for summoners in general but they dont sinergize well with undead summons, you lose the necromancy school slot of the wizard and lose the buff for undead minions from Crueromancer, what is a big deal as the summoning feats dont work with undead minions.

So, my starting allocation for Cruoromancer/Eldritch Knight to be lich necromancer build:
13 S
18 D
12 C
18 I
10 W
8 C

Really dont like a pussy mage on the back that melts when enemies get nearby, so, some decent AC, good intelligence, need to improve a little to cast 9th level spells but not that hard to do, little bit of constitution to not be so terribly squishy and enough strength to get the Cleave perks what wont be that hard with the extra fighter feats from Eldritch Knight. Only doubt is that Eldritch Knight only start counting as a spellcaster level from level 2 forwards, that leaves me with only a single level to multiclass with something without losing access to 9th level spells.

Does Arcane Enforcer exploits work with spells on the wizard spellbook or with only its spells? The +2 DC for spells exploit in there looks very interesting.

Lich merges spellbook with wizard/sorc, so you get 20+10 = 30 CL, meaning you can lose 1 or two. Accelerates getting high level spells in the mid game too, but you can't lose 9th.

Zeriel

Arcane
I bought it in beta stage (which is pretty close to backing I guess) and mostly share your view. It's a big step down from Kingmaker. That being said that's almost expected by now--every year things get worse and the "averagely decent" standard lowers further. What was "meh" for 2015 is then stellar in 2018 and so on.
Maybe you can answer my question then: why didn't beta-backers tell the devs how retarded some of this stuff was? Especially the crusade gargoyle meme seems poorly designed to the point of being broken.

I'm sure some of them did, but as we see time and again the people with the "wrong" sort of feedback are either ignored or outright banned from discussion.

Mortmal

Arcane

13 S
18 D
12 C
18 I
10 W
8 C

Read the wizard exploiter spellbook does not merge with lich book, its yet again bugged, like pretty much everything that wasnt in kingmaker. So as necromancer go thasilonian wizard for extra slots, those sadly wont work with specific lich spells, or cruoromancer for extra undead minion buff. Also dont respec in game as it reapply the lich malus on crusade each time you respec . Yes it's bugged too, but you should get used to it by now, crusade with lich is already shitty enough without that.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Now that this game is out, what AP do you think is next? I hope it's Carion Crown. The only thing better than crusading demons is purging the world of undead scum in the name of Pharasma

I doubt people would be happy at losing mythic features so whatever module they adapt would need to have those included. With that said I think Extinction Curse would be fun even though Owlcat will probably find a way to make managing a circus boring.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I really love spend 82 turns hit pressing attack on a demon while he just stand around doing but attack until it dies.

I feel like my brain grew a bit after that and it was a really fun and complex gameplay, peak turn based strategy gameplay!...

Seriously tho why the fuck owlcat made those
gargoyles so fucking tanking. Fuck that shit.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pathfinder:Wrath of American Talibans

Main Quest: Reinstall America as Republic and purge it from demonic SJW hordes

Can't wait to play it in 2025!

DeepOcean

Arcane
I tried a bit with the sorcerer and going with the abyssal bloodline
What's the thought process behind going Abyssal Bloodline? I don't understand. Wouldn't Undead Bloodline make more sense?
Abyssal has extra summons at level 15, not sure if it stack up with superior summoning though, I was looking for it until I realized undead minions didnt count. Undead bloodline is only really good for a necromancer because you get all those spells for free and can be more flexible as a sorcerer when choosing spells, also you treat undead as humanoid what is really good for some builds but in terms of increasing the power of the undead minions, not so much.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Honest Question: Is Wrath by far the most SJW adventure path released by Paizo? How can anything be more pozzed then fox ordering you to take your pants, turn around and bend?

Zeriel

Arcane
I really love spend 82 turns hit pressing attack on a demon while he just stand around doing but attack until it dies.

I feel like my brain grew a bit after that and it was a really fun and complex gameplay, peak turn based strategy gameplay!...

Seriously tho why the fuck owlcat made those
gargoyles so fucking tanking. Fuck that shit.

It wasn't like that in earlier betas. I assumed they heard the "infirmaries are too OP I never lose units" and instead of nerfing infirmaries, just made some early fights retardedly spongey.

Honest Question: Is Wrath by far the most SJW adventure path released by Paizo? How can anything be more pozzed then fox ordering you to take your pants, turn around and bend?

Remember: it can always get worse. Paizo needs to up their game and make literal, in-canon wheelchair ramps in dungeons if they want to compete for that lucrative SJW market with D&D.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I bought it in beta stage (which is pretty close to backing I guess) and mostly share your view. It's a big step down from Kingmaker. That being said that's almost expected by now--every year things get worse and the "averagely decent" standard lowers further. What was "meh" for 2015 is then stellar in 2018 and so on.
Maybe you can answer my question then: why didn't beta-backers tell the devs how retarded some of this stuff was? Especially the crusade gargoyle meme seems poorly designed to the point of being broken.

I'm sure some of them did, but as we see time and again the people with the "wrong" sort of feedback are either ignored or outright banned from discussion.
Yeah, not surprised.

RPG fans need to learn to be less desperate when supporting projects. We don't want to create something far worse than Bioware.

jungl

Augur
Im playing the game very slow. Disappointed in all the bugs so far like the tavern and a floor tile levitating by itself in the gray garrison. Chapter 1 is bad that lawful retarded inquisitor. There people getting their faces eaten and heads decapitated but this dude and his subordinates rather terrorize desna followers...I guess players are supposed to have a suspension of disbelief when dealing with autism extremes of dnd alignments.

Villians are lame you got this candyman giant bug man and demoness witch lady who has less presence then ms. grunkle in jumpstart adventures 4th grade haunted island.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
My Camellia is now freaking Tank.. But literaly deals 0 damage. When the game let you have a half decent rapier ffs? :negative:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Disappointed in all the bugs so far like the tavern and a floor tile levitating by itself in the gray garrison.
In before a russian fanboy runs in and tells you it didn't happen.
Chapter 1 is bad that lawful retarded inquisitor. There people getting their faces eaten and heads decapitated but this dude and his subordinates rather terrorize desna followers...I guess players are supposed to have a suspension of disbelief when dealing with autism extremes of dnd alignments.
This was an odd one, yeah. I'm all for villains, but don't make your villains into nonsensical morons.

And he's pretty tough on core. He'll force you to fail the desna quest (which I think might lock you out of one of the mythic paths) if you don't kill him. Might be a way to avoid this if you'd used angelic path more often, but I'm not sure, as I haven't.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Two angel choices and demon rage choice seem like flavour choices (?). But the Aeon choice unlocks mythic path? Am I correct?
Yes. Not taking the Aeon choice here will lock you out of the Aeon Mythic path later, as well as a few other Aeon based choices along the way to Drezen.

Also, fuck this mob. Loot was shit, but that fight gave me half the XP needed to go from 9 to 10. Beefy motherfucker.
8e48ccbecf.jpg

Spoiler: loot was not shit. Best loot in game for finally landing a Challenge Evil for once in a Pal's life.

Mauman

Learned
Disappointed in all the bugs so far like the tavern and a floor tile levitating by itself in the gray garrison.
In before a russian fanboy runs in and tells you it didn't happen.
Chapter 1 is bad that lawful retarded inquisitor. There people getting their faces eaten and heads decapitated but this dude and his subordinates rather terrorize desna followers...I guess players are supposed to have a suspension of disbelief when dealing with autism extremes of dnd alignments.
This was an odd one, yeah. I'm all for villains, but don't make your villains into nonsensical morons.

And he's pretty tough on core. He'll force you to fail the desna quest (which I think might lock you out of one of the mythic paths) if you don't kill him. Might be a way to avoid this if you'd used angelic path more often, but I'm not sure, as I haven't.

Not quite - if you flash the "sword of light" at him at every opportunity (when he shows up for the 3rd disciple, use the good option to get this option to show up), he'll back off.

I used the demon option a few times (enough that the stupid paladin ghost attacked me in the tower), so I don't think it requires that much to get the option.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
My Camellia is now freaking Tank.. But literaly deals 0 damage. When the game let you have a half decent rapier ffs? :negative:

There's about twelve, but it's not the weapon that does the damage. Fencing Grace + Weapon Enchant and you're gold. You even get Weapon Spec at lvl 8 from the Battle Master Hex.

Use Finnean if you want until then. Don't forget about getting Ghost Touch from the beginning.

Voids

Augur
The writing is bad, but the voice acting is really atrocious and way over-acted. It's incredible to me that the infinity engine games are 20+ years old at this point and had incredible voice acting compared to what we have now. Why is that? The cheesy Critical Role influence?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom