Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
The writing is bad, but the voice acting is really atrocious and way over-acted. It's incredible to me that the infinity engine games are 20+ years old at this point and had incredible voice acting compared to what we have now. Why is that? The cheesy Critical Role influence?
IMHO, if you don't want to implement full VA anyway, might as well have none. It just annoys the player regardless of whether he likes the voice actors or not and it might spoil the experience for those that dislike it even more (i.e. making them read the rest of the dialogue in those shitty voices).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just finished 4th chapter,it is pretty good,far better than the garbage from the other three chapters,a lot less sjw writing too lol. Also pretty hard battle,in the flesh market if you attack the flying eye first,you will end up with the hardest battle in that chapter,the final boss could such dick compared to that,everyone attacks you and becomes a mega mess. You could kill of the other traders one by one and make it a lot easier,but that is boring lol. Also noticed that there is a lot of attribute creep in enemies and cheap abilities,like a stunlock spam on the party.

Zeriel

Arcane
The writing is bad, but the voice acting is really atrocious and way over-acted. It's incredible to me that the infinity engine games are 20+ years old at this point and had incredible voice acting compared to what we have now. Why is that? The cheesy Critical Role influence?
IMHO, if you don't want to implement full VA anyway, might as well have none. It just annoys the player regardless of whether he likes the voice actors or not and it might spoil the experience for those that dislike it even more (i.e. making them read the rest of the dialogue in those shitty voices).

I think the BG style of having one voice clip the moment you meet them is fine to establish mood--if it's good voice acting it's appreciated, and if it's bad voice acting the person can forget it and not be tormented by it forever.

The adaptation I've seen of this in recent games where the first sentence of every dialogue chunk is voice acted and not the rest is terrible though.

Weird thing here in Kingmaker and WOTR though is that there are occasional snippets of good voice acting. Some of the voice barks for player created characters are fine, and some of the enemies too. So it's like they set out to make the others terrible on purpose.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's incredible to me that the infinity engine games are 20+ years old at this point and had incredible voice acting compared to what we have now. Why is that?
IE games had a star cast of actors. Hiring those today would probably cost entire PK budget. Dav Warner as antagonist? Yeah.
Linzi voices Minagho btw.
You get a lot of same actors and also those who worked on Pokemon :lol:

Zeriel

Arcane
It's incredible to me that the infinity engine games are 20+ years old at this point and had incredible voice acting compared to what we have now. Why is that?
IE games had a star cast of actors. Hiring those today would probably cost entire PK budget. Dav Warner as antagonist? Yeah.
Linzi voices Minagho btw.
You get a lot of same actors and also those who worked on Pokemon :lol:

Minagho sounds alright though, which just goes to show it is at least partially direction/lack of QA problem in that they think the Linzi voice is "fine", or even desirable.

I think Chris Avellone used to talk about this, the problem is often the guys in charge of the voice acting don't know what they are doing and just accept whatever, instead of demanding better performances. It's like a director who doesn't show up to the set of a movie versus the guy who really pushes actors to give their best.

Voids

Augur
DGbqBtM.png

:hero:

Mojobeard

Augur
Rather than a slider that adjusts enemy damage, I want a difficulty option that gives me max hp on level up. Official rules allow retraining hp anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Fuck just got to the legend path,what a fucking limp dick cuckery! The worst writing i have seen in a fucking game,you are left with the choice of being a bitch to either one of two obnoxious bitches. That goddess is such a shitty bitch. Really shitty writing,legend should have been the base mythic path that was hard trough the whole game and let you show the finger to all the muh powers and fuck them up,not some shit you get near the end.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Fuck just got to the legend path,what a fucking limp dick cuckery! The worst writing i have seen in a fucking game,you are left with the choice of being a bitch to either one of two obnoxious bitches. That goddess is such a shitty bitch. Really shitty writing,legend should have been the base mythic path that was hard trough the whole game and let you show the finger to all the muh powers and fuck them up,not some shit you get near the end.
Yep. Really weird choice to do it the way they did. Maybe they designed the Legend path later than the basic ones? I didn't really follow the development...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys, I'm thinking on playing as a Azata. Howver, the end game as a lich was already relative hard for me in a custom difficulty, with enlarged encounters, no stat adjustment for enemies and other tweeks. Azatas has amazing superpower, zippy magic and favorable magic are the two examples. But a lich by merging spellbook with a wizard could get easily a caster level of 32 (20 - wiz + 2 from dark rites + 10 - mp) and with negative eruption, he could deal 320 damage and heal himself and his undeads by the same amount.

Azata in therms of damage dealing, is great for spells which target a enemy and "arcs", like burning arc and chain lightning. So, if I use the feat to negate the enemy resistance vs electricity and favorable metamagic(empower) + favorable metamagic(maximize), to cast chain lightning as a 9th tier spell ( 7 + [2-1] + [3-2] ), the initial hit should dish 180 damage (d6 maximized * 1,5 from empower) + the 2d6 + 10 from zipphy magic. Which deals 192~202 damage on the initial tick. And after hiting a enemy, it will hit a secondary enemy, assuming that there are only two enemies, that is 384~404 damage.

Which is a solid damage for end game, mainly considering that favorable magic makes making the reflex save far more unlikely, but not having self heal capability would't makes things far more harder? And to do that, you need four mythic feats. Sure, you can use rods and not focus so much in metamagic, but rods can only be used 3x per day.
Does anyone played as an Azata caster to say if it is viable on hard - end game?

It's pretty viable. If you really want self healing you can get a really powerful one from superpowers, 1 Azata song has healing too and some Azata spells have healing properties.

Edit: Also Aivu gets healing spells as you get mythic levels.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Question regarding the game mechanic. Is there any ability, spell, feat etc. that would let me move and charge in a single round?
You're supposed to be able to use your full round just to charge. That means the length, the +2 and the single attack. Can't move and then charge. Can't do more than 1 attack, unless you have feats that enable you to do so.
This is theory.

In practice, the game has bugs, and so you may experience the same loop a Pokemon trainer goes through, I imagine: you never know what's gonna come outta that ball.
Basically once you have cleaving feats and more than 1 attack charge is pretty useless. And i'm not even starting about losing full turn because your character decided there is no clear line of sight. Walking and cutting is almost always better.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Can you elaborate, I was planning on taking that path

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yaniel dialogue.jpg

Truly a shame that following this enlightening dialogue "Yaniel" was overrun by Ghouls and succumbed to her wounds, leaving only her +3 Adamantine Full Plate and +4 Ring and Amulet behind to remember her by.

Flashy

Barely Literate
Ode to Sapphic Love

Dis 'ere butch green lezza gots da biggest strappah
An' datz why me puny oomie can't walk propah
Now we'z savin' for a Greater Dilation scroll from da castah
For when da mad dok giz 'er a Worldwound with iz choppah

by Amber Stone

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I looked at steam reviews for w bit and learned that it is "impossible" (literal quote) for people with ADHD to play games without full voice acting. Huh. Some people are also literally shaking upon beholding the poor hairstyle selection. I think I prefer our resident connoisseurs pursuing every homoerotic dialogue line available with tears in their eyes and anger in theirs souls.

Gradenmayer

Learned
The bug where enemies fall down and don't die is back in Blackwater location
I guess 4 years wasn't enough time to fix that.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I looked at steam reviews for w bit and learned that it is "impossible" (literal quote) for people with ADHD to play games without full voice acting. Huh. Some people are also literally shaking upon beholding the poor hairstyle selection. I think I prefer our resident connoisseurs pursuing every homoerotic dialogue line available with tears in their eyes and anger in theirs souls.

Everytime I check out steam forums for any game, I swear I'm in danger of my IQ dropping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom