Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Act 3 question (possible spoilers):
I've done all the quests in Act 3 apart from the Ivory Sanctum, which I got the key for but not the location. I didn't recruit Arueshalae in Act 2 as I missed the Desna altar. I freed her from the prison in Drezen during the siege and apparently I have to wait for her to show up in Act 3 at some point as her quest unlocks the location of the Ivory Sanctum.

Any idea how long this takes? I think I've skipped days for about 2 months straight, just completing events in the meantime.
Wait, wut. So that altar is actually useful? Time to reload.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Played for a bit. Not feeling the game. Pathfinder doesn't grab me anymore. Having lot of build options doesn't amount to much when your gameplay sucks. I'm going back to playing Colony Ship.

But can you play a monk in Colony Ship?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Question regarding the game mechanic. Is there any ability, spell, feat etc. that would let me move and charge in a single round?
You're supposed to be able to use your full round just to charge. That means the length, the +2 and the single attack. Can't move and then charge. Can't do more than 1 attack, unless you have feats that enable you to do so.
This is theory.

In practice, the game has bugs, and so you may experience the same loop a Pokemon trainer goes through, I imagine: you never know what's gonna come outta that ball.
Basically once you have cleaving feats and more than 1 attack charge is pretty useless. And i'm not even starting about losing full turn because your character decided there is no clear line of sight. Walking and cutting is almost always better.

Kitsune mounted charge is pretty cool, though. Particularly on a hasted Sohei, with 4 full BAB polearm attacks and Spirited Charge. Must get pretty ridiculous with Mythic Charge and additional 7 x 6d6 Divine damage.

Not to mention that the mount counts as flanking partner, so if you also have improved Charge from some Cavalier archetype, that is:
+4 AB Charge
+4 AB Flanking with Outflank (should be +6 if you have a Freebooter).
Pretty nifty.

Too bad that it doesn't work half the time.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
my Kitsune Sohei-Gendarme-Cleric/Angel :(

Oread Rowdy-Instinctual-Vivi Trickster
u r disgusting, and even funny man button is not enough to rate how, so I use a proper post

Huh, not enough Oread stats/levels/classes to get any decent naked AC romp. Not gonna go for that silly Mythic Mage Armor off a pot.
Guess I could get that Mythic Trick to become a wizard without training.... but that's near end game anyway, I guess.

Guess it'll be Rowdy/Armored Hulk/Vivi then.

Although that will hurt Mobility. And Mobility Mythic Trick 2 looks so nice....
Athletics look pretty nifty too...

Oh well, let's hope there are some nice Mythril armors out there, somewhere.

On the positive side, triggering Cleaving Finish off Vital Strike still causes another Vital Strike :D
....and now I can do that at level 3.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am still taking it slow in Act 1 doing all battles in TB :D
I am really liking how they changed traps so that now they got a source and you need to often move around the trap to get to disarm it. And many UI changes, especially for level up are really nice.

And Scroll Scribing and Potion Brewing it very cool, and they even give you a Scroll Wizard to get the most use out of it.
Only irritating part is that your feat user must also have spells, you cannot combine multiple characters.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've done all the quests in Act 3 apart from the Ivory Sanctum, which I got the key for but not the location. I didn't recruit Arueshalae in Act 2 as I missed the Desna altar. I freed her from the prison in Drezen during the siege and apparently I have to wait for her to show up in Act 3 at some point as her quest unlocks the location of the Ivory Sanctum.

Any idea how long this takes? I think I've skipped days for about 2 months straight, just completing events in the meantime.
Wait, wut. So that altar is actually useful? Time to reload.

If you've unlocked Azata path, you can do a puzzle on the altar in the Chapel area with three items you find in the area.

Desna sends you a vision and you can recruit Arueshalae during the siege of drezen when you free her from prison.

Unfortunately I found that out after I'd already completed act 2.

ArchAngel

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Played for a bit. Not feeling the game. Pathfinder doesn't grab me anymore. Having lot of build options doesn't amount to much when your gameplay sucks. I'm going back to playing Colony Ship.

But can you play a monk in Colony Ship?
You can, actually.
What about a Cleric/Wizard with ability to also break the 4th wall and rules of the game?
Yes, cheat engine can be used.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
The less said about the Crusader turn based minigame the better...

..but are clerics the most useless waste of space ever in this thing? Not going 100% archers and footmen seems silly.

Reinhardt

Arcane
With smite evul they can also do some good job on dangerous demon stack, not just boring gargoyles.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Newbie question.

I'm messing around with Dazzling Display, since I found out shaken is hella stronk, and I wonder if dipping for Thug on Seelah is worth it? The extra duration sounds really nice, but I'm not sure how the frightened part works. Does it check if the shaken effect will last for four rounds and then converts that into one turn of frightened, or does it check if someone was shaken for four consecutive rounds and the frightens them for one round?

I'm assuming the later, and if so, is that really worth it? My limited experience with frighten indicates it's as much a boon as it a hindrance when applied globally, when your frontline starts splitting up and chasing enemies all over the place, often without any chance of caching them. I think I'd rather target any attempts at frightening at specific enemies.

Israfael

Arcane
Is there a way to control UI scaling factor? It looks like it's been adapted to either small monitors or TV screens (huge fonts, big icons etc)

Zeriel

Arcane
Is it a bug for crusade quests past the Opening one to not appear? I could have sworn I was seeing them in the beta, but they're not popping for me now.

Zeriel

Arcane
Is it a bug for crusade quests past the Opening one to not appear? I could have sworn I was seeing them in the beta, but they're not popping for me now.

They are gone, whole system changed. I think that system was kinda better just lacking polish.

Ah... that's a shame. Yeah, they provided linkage and some context for what is happening. I can see why people are now saying the crusade system should just be removed if they completely gutted the "lore" aspect.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

You should get it at beginning of ch 3. Location hard to miss south of Drezen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom