Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So did you people get past act1 yet or not? I don't see the expected complaints.

It sounds like a lot of us are on Act 4 onwards.

There doesn't seem to be many hard gamebreaking issues at that point.

Most common soft issue I see is the morale dropping due to the siege bug, but you can easily work around that by just using a cheat engine table to set morale to what it should be.

The lack of complaints tells me people are either not playing on any relevant difficulty or the Codex has become so inured to modern gaming being a buggy shitshow everyone just stopped caring.

It really doesn't sound like there are a lot of hard gamebreakers (at least at that point in the game).

From what people have said, most of Owlcat's QA was focused on the story, so most of the bugs are with classes rather than hard story locks or the like.

I was expecting people to run into the same shit fights and shit Crusade mechanics I did, maybe I'm the odd one out here. (No, I'm not.)

Parabalus

Arcane
The key Mythic Tricks that require a high skill level from you are UMD (you gotta be able to actually use the items), Persuasion (Rank 1 is just demoralize and doesn't run on rank, so its good to have a high skill), Athletics 1 and 2 (Athletics check into Saving Throws), Mobility 3 (Mobility checks into AC), Knowledge World 1 (World Checks into boosting every other check).

If it's true that Trickster's secret metamagic feat can turn level 1 spells into cantrips, I guess an Arcane Trickster Trickster can use Surprise Spells to magic missile 5xSneak Dice every fight. Just a silly thing you can do.

Arcana seems too good to pass up, no skill needed on MC. R2 adds traits to everything you find, so any weapon can be Demonbane, or elemental etc. Armor too, +4 stuff turns into +6. Every party member gets multiple bonuses, and you can just respec out of it after you're bored.

And the qualities can be savescummed if desired.
I think Trickster benefits a shitton from re-speccing.

Mythic Rank 3 - Grab Arcana 1
Rank 4 - Grab Perception 1 and 2, grab with special trickster feats you want, respec into Arcana 2
Rank 7 - Grab Arcana 3
and, as an example, Rank 9 - respec out of Arcana 3, grab Athletics 2/Mobility 3/UMD 3/World 2

Now you have the best equipment in the world and the """AC"""/""""Saving Throws""""/Spellbook of a demigod boss tier fight regardless of class.

I also forgot to mention Trickery - the actual instakill Mythic - and Stealth. The latter's usefulness is a big of an enigma to me because it depends on wether True Sight just dispels it outright.

To add, the Arcana stuff works on extreme amounts of gear, but the tooltip only gets changed with weapons and armor.

It works on e.g. amulets of natural armor if you check the hover AC, fists amulets etc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
dont pick opposing school abjuration else you cant dismiss your own aoe effect spells
I laughed out loud. I thought dismiss was universal. hahahaha
Abjuration has dismissal/banishment & greater dispel. And prot from elements if you need to free slots on someone else.
I am actually considering running an Illusionist/Abjurer. Basically Blue Deck from MTG.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but it was an amusingly unexpected moment.

Fulsome.jpg

Poop succubus smears you with her stuff. You get permanent stat mods (+2 natural armour and Con, but -4 Cha for being a stinky bastard)
Yeah,the shit demon from the island.

Lamiosa

Educated
This chorussina fight... Completely ridiculously difficult.
She becomes literally invincible unless you kill like 5 dudes before they can cast a spell, in a game where 'surprise round' means you only get a half action except for the person who initiated
Dimension Door all your team on top of her at the beginning of the fight, avoiding the trap. Each companion kills one enemy, done.

Delterius

Arcane
To add, the Arcana stuff works on extreme amounts of gear, but the tooltip only gets changed with weapons and armor.

It works on e.g. amulets of natural armor if you check the hover AC, fists amulets etc.
Well, those are technically armor and no true trickster will let a technicality go to waste.

You can, in theory, grab Nature trick 3 and Arcana trick 3, rest a bunch of times and then re-spec into whatever personal power mythic tricks you want.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
She becomes literally invincible unless you kill like 5 dudes before they can cast a spell, in a game where 'surprise round' means you only get a half action except for the person who initiated

Folks at this point you should know the drill: if it seems impossible you’re missing something. In her case she has no SR and isn’t immune to Poison. But no reason to fite her at all.

https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/handling-blightmaw/43589/3

Game is never “too hard.” Game will expose players who’ve gotten too one dimensional.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Dimension Door all your team on top of her at the beginning of the fight, avoiding the trap. Each companion kills one enemy, done.
One of times AT ability to disarm traps from distance does nicely.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I don't have mass dimension door. Even if I did, the odds me winning initiative over all the enemies and killing each in a half turn with one character is fabulously optimistic. Especially when there's 8 cultists and 6 party members.

Guess I should have let them summon the demon.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
So did you people get past act1 yet or not? I don't see the expected complaints.

Complaining on the Codex would take time away from clicking on Gargoyles, and we'd never finish the game before the end of the decade that way.

Sheepherder

Augur
Anyway, can anyone confirm if Ascendant Element works with Alchemist's Bombs? I know the description make it sound like it does, but with how buggy the game is, there's a good chance it doesn't.

To answer my own question, yes Ascendant Element does work with Alchemist bombs!

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't have mass dimension door. Even if I did, the odds me winning initiative over all the enemies and killing each in a half turn with one character is fabulously optimistic. Especially when there's 8 cultists and 6 party members.

Guess I should have let them summon the demon.
2x2 fireballs in the room BG2 style does job too

Vatnik Wumao
I'm still trying to finish the defense on that tavern in Ch. 1 on Core difficulty and it's a bitch when aiming for all the defenses to be kept intact from those arsonists. Respecced 4 of my party members into ranged combat and I'm using grease on enemy chokepoints and it's still a bitch.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm still trying to finish the defense on that tavern in Ch. 1 on Core difficulty and it's a bitch when aiming for all the defenses to be kept intact from those arsonists. Respecced 4 of my party members into ranged combat and I'm using grease on enemy chokepoints and it's still a bitch.

Buy summoning and stinky cloud scrolls and spam em.

Vatnik Wumao

Buy summoning and stinky cloud scrolls and spam em.
Will do if I can't manage to do it my way with better positioning in a few more attempts.

Vatnik Wumao
Also, how many times can I respecc my party at that Pathfinder guy for free? Or is it unlimited (his dialogue would suggest that it is not)?

Desiderius

Patron
dont pick opposing school abjuration else you cant dismiss your own aoe effect spells
I laughed out loud. I thought dismiss was universal. hahahaha
Abjuration has dismissal/banishment & greater dispel. And prot from elements if you need to free slots on someone else.
I am actually considering running an Illusionist/Abjurer. Basically Blue Deck from MTG.

Re-rolls + Dispel, Greater work. Bit of Luck/Fortune + Leyline ability + Winter Witch caster level boost will get you there.

Jace the Ice Sculptor

Sharpedge

Prophet
Finished the game.
unknown.png
The final chapter is exceptionally buggy, there were quite a few quests I could not complete due to them bugging out. Last few fights were also rather underwhelming to be honest, the fight at the end of the beta was more challenging than the final fight in the game. After finishing it here are my thoughts.

+ A huge array of character building options.
+ Lots of branching dialogues/quests.
+ Early on some of the best dungeon design in RPGs. Drezen is 10/10.
+ Some excellent item design and there are good items restricted to each path. Furthermore every item type is well represented.
+ Lots of missables, this rewards exploration.

- Whilst they improved the crusade over the beta, it is still not as deep as I would like it to be. Attacks against forts are not frequent enough and some of the enemy balancing is so out of tune its silly. They have super high defenses and no offense which ends up wasting many turns. Furthermore if you try to use auto resolve to save time here it feels like the auto resolve is trolling. If you use it on these fights as it will almost always lose or give you an exceptionally unfavorable outcome, so you are forced to manually resolve it where you easily win without losing any soldiers. The crusade does still feel a bit tacked on. It needs more work.
- There are so many bugs. SOOOOOOOOOO many bugs.

The puzzles are not a positive or negative. They aren't that challenging, but its nice that they are there.

Now, I haven't been following this thread because I have actually being playing the game in my spare time. Is it worth me reading over these past 164 pages to see what has been said, or should I just start my next playthrough?

Desiderius

Patron
Or just that Wiz that gets + 4 caster levels once a day or those Goggles or Oracle with Merge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom