Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I guess it's a deliberately super-easy fight meant to show that your PC is now MYHTIC!!1!, but honestly, even a Bioware cutscene would have been more enjoyable.

On Hard/Unfair its actually a pain in the ass of a fight, as she casts Phantasmal Putrefaction Turn 2, and except for Camilla who is immune to sleep, and potentially your MC, none of your companions have saves high enough to resist it (I think on Hard the DC was 30 or 35, cant remember). She then proceeds to kill everyone while theyre flatflooted, and if any of your characters manage to succeed at their save for whatever reason, you also get a bunch of Vrocks stunning you on top of it. Or maybe I just missed a good way on how to avoid getting steamrolled by her by turn 4 or 5.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can't seem to open all doors in Blackwater, cleared the place, got the machine. Southrenmost, which was purple, and two north of the fire circle, next to and in the salamander room.

What's the trick?
I was able to run into them close enough to get glimpses of the areas behind them, at which point you can dimension door to the other side. No idea what the intended way is to get to open these, maybe you need to have the catgirl with you or something.

Nenio did nothing, have her.

That's what I did already, but just puzzled at what I missed.

Did you manage to use the machine with the prisoner girl to make the mind-defense circle?

Erebus

Arcane
On Hard/Unfair its actually a pain in the ass of a fight, as she casts Phantasmal Putrefaction Turn 2, and except for Camilla who is immune to sleep, and potentially your MC, none of your companions have saves high enough to resist it (I think on Hard the DC was 30 or 35, cant remember). She then proceeds to kill everyone while theyre flatflooted

Interesting. I played the prologue on Hard, but then lowered the difficulty to Core because I was running low on patience.

I seem to remember that she's level 28 or something, so a party of 7th-level adventurers really shouldn't stand a chance against her. When I fought her, I don't think she did anything except run around.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay, Dirge Bard is a really bad class. Scare, Fright and a skeleton summon that only lasts as long as you play the bard song. Derp.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Did you manage to use the machine with the prisoner girl to make the mind-defense circle?
I just looted everything and got outta there as quickly as I could. I might have missed that particular room as I only recall the Crusader Prisoner before Hundred-Faces, and I just killed that dude. I might go back before finishing Chapter 3 to see what I missed, but I honestly feel that Blackwater should simply be scrapped from the game. The Crusader Units you get are dogshit, theres no lore to the place beyond "we randomly found technology" and I hope that it doesn't play a role for the rest of the game.

I seem to remember that she's level 28 or something, so a party of 7th-level adventurers really shouldn't stand a chance against her. When I fought her, I don't think she did anything except run around.
The level itself isn't the issue, as even missing attacks will still get you the sonic damage from the Mythic Empowerment. The problem is that all the damage reduction in the world doesn't matter when your entire party is asleep while some Demoness screws you with 6-8attacks per hit.

I think the order of her casts is Wave of Exhaustion Turn 1, Phantasmal Putrefaction Turn 2, then she Dimension Doors, summons new adds (they spawn automatically when you bring her below 75% HP I think), then she casts some shitty Insect Armor Turn 3 and on the next turn she starts attacking with 8 attacks a turn. Your group is usually asleep by Turn 3, and oftentimes fully stunned by the Vrock in Turn 2, unless you get some lucky saves or manage to outrange it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Abyss in act 4 has a slight air of planescape about it in terms of the weirdness/alien feel of its denizens.

The navigation is a little headache inducing though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just done with the fight against Minagho in the Gray Garrison. It was one of the most confusing mess I've ever seen in a CRPG. So much shit happening all the time - demons appearing, demons dying, the eyeless bitch teleporting around... - that I could barely ever tell what was going on. Winning brought no satisfaction whatsoever.

I guess it's a deliberately super-easy fight meant to show that your PC is now MYHTIC!!1!, but honestly, even a Bioware cutscene would have been more enjoyable.
What difficulty did you play it at. I understand it was in RTwP

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
i just use either scroll wizard , or cruomancer.

Only for me, a Lich Cruoromancer using blood infusions makes no sense? Would be cool if you could at late stages of lich opt to become a vampire instead.

Anyway, by picking my late ch 2 save and respecting and following the Azata path, and rushing a lot, reached today in ch 5 (beginning) and honestly, liked a lot the azata path.

You even fight a terrifying lawful outsider.

Floating islands, havoc dragon companion, is a amazing mythic path. The spells aren't as great as lich but you get a lot of party buffs.

Lamiosa

Educated
You get used to the city, just keep rotating the camera until you get the change you want. It was annoying to me too at first but now I like it a lot.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The Abyss in act 4 has a slight air of planescape about it in terms of the weirdness/alien feel of its denizens.

The navigation is a little headache inducing though.

Not once you figure out how it works. Which is how normal people interact with the world instead of curling up in a ball and crying for your mommy.

Look before you leap. That’s it. Imagine where you want to go (click on the door) and the wall comes down to make it so.

Demons imagine the world revolves around them and their desires so their world does…

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
i'd personally nuke russia if the first 10 levels of wrath used the xvart based encounter design of BG1
There's only one or two areas that use xvarts heavily in BG1. Both are optional. Most encounters are undead, gnolls, wild creatures and bandits.

Desiderius

Patron
On Hard/Unfair its actually a pain in the ass of a fight, as she casts Phantasmal Putrefaction Turn 2, and except for Camilla who is immune to sleep, and potentially your MC, none of your companions have saves high enough to resist it (I think on Hard the DC was 30 or 35, cant remember). She then proceeds to kill everyone while theyre flatflooted

Interesting. I played the prologue on Hard, but then lowered the difficulty to Core because I was running low on patience.

If you read the abilities you get I think one of them is that they autofail saves so shouldn’t be too hard to take advantage of that. I just kill everything but Minagho and seems to work out.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The return to the Crusades after Chapter 4 as a Lich is hilarious, especially if you've been playing up the evil. Three whole chapters of consistent villainy, the unholy resurrection of at least three people and the construction of An Evil Lair in the middle of the city, all done by a Commander who looks like this:
js02qh-P-1.png
And all they can say is "Ugh, you're not the commander I remember!".

Erebus

Arcane
Just done with the fight against Minagho in the Gray Garrison. It was one of the most confusing mess I've ever seen in a CRPG. So much shit happening all the time - demons appearing, demons dying, the eyeless bitch teleporting around... - that I could barely ever tell what was going on. Winning brought no satisfaction whatsoever.

Core.

I intended to raise the difficulty back to Hard after Kenabres, but right now, I lack the motivation.

I just kill everything but Minagho and seems to work out.

I focused almost entirely on Minagho and things just worked out somehow. As I said, I could barely tell what was going on most of the time.

Desiderius

Patron

Core.

I intended to raise the difficulty back to Hard after Kenabres, but right now, I lack the motivation.

I just kill everything but Minagho and seems to work out.

I focused almost entirely on Minagho and things just worked out somehow. As I said, I could barely tell what was going on most of the time.

Yeah I’ve done the Hard and it’s ok as long as you bring Wolj to Garg cave (he’s immune to Smite Good) but it takes your full attention early game. I’m getting to about the point where I really should kick it up but going for the achievement so handicapping myself by avoiding anything too broken.

Duality is interesting with tinman since you really can’t use it in anything that could wipe you on a bad roll, but you want to get it in there somewhere each rest to get the scroll and EXP from killing the ones that turn on you.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On another news: our beloved Pope Amole II AKA Nerd Commando:
1. Removed his rant where he admitted hepling LNR terrorists;
2. His 3 last videos have only 360p resolution. No one told him this so far.

If anyone is interested I would advice downloading his videos by youtube-dl and watching them oiffline. I think he will have neither views nor ads this way.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
16e9a7caeb.jpg

Welp, this makes playing a blaster wizard with Heighten Spells pretty damn ridiculous. Haven't figured out yet exactly how it activates, but just casting a single Feast of Blood on 3 enemies empowered my next cast of it. But even 2 consecutive Exsanguinte casts both got the bonus as well, so it doesn't disappear after consuming it.

This is fine.
d7a9c993bb.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom