Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Fine? It’s awful. You’ve got better things to be doing in that slot by then.

^ Top  
  2. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Options:
    For focus more on summoning but not completely sucking on melee:
    Cruoromancer 6/Eldritch Knight 10/Sword Saint 4: You get a buff with +4 of constitution for your minions from Cruoromancer, what is pretty nice as the summoning perks dont work for undead. Eldritch Knight basically gives you 10 levels of fighter that counts as spellcaster levels, so you get a decent BAB and four basic attacks and if you crit, also you next spell will become a swift action, 4 levels of Sword Saint gives you +4 AC from intelligence, the ability of attacking AND casting spells on the same round. So, if you do a single crit on your turn, what isnt impossible with 4 attacks + haste and a rapier, you can do a full attack AND 2 spells on your round. Have some +concentration feats in there for those nasty attacks of opportunity;

Basically, for mages, if you wanna do some melee, you go for Eldritch Knight/Dragon Disciple/have some levels of fighter/ or some transformation into something. I prefer Eldritch Knight because multiclassing into fighter is only a good idea (if you wanna keep a decent spellcasting, if you are okay on losing spellcasting potential that is another story) is to fill the gaps necessary to get an extra attack. Also transforming into something, you basically lost a spellcaster to get another fighter and the whole point of a lich transformation is its spells.

Another possibility if you wanna go ultra minmaxed animu and focus more on spells/melee and less on summons:
    1 scale fist monk/4 (Abyssal primary/Undead secondary bloodline) sorcerer/5 Dragon Disciple/10 Eldritch Knight. The advantage of this is that you will have a whooping +6 to strength that with one handed scimitars/falcatas/big two hander is pretty good damage+ AC from monk + 2 natural AC from Dragon Disciple, three attacks with Eldritch Knight and a extra spell if you crit. Also, most common undead will be vulnerable to fear if you have the undead bloodline, meaning if you get them into shaken status with fear spells for them/Dazzling display for the rest and have most of your frontline guys with shatter defenses, pretty much most of your fighters will be targetting that sweet flatfooted AC, spec them into slayers too for some sneak attack action too.

The major disadvantage here is that you will lose an extra spellcast a turn, the ability of crit touch spells consistently and you will have weaker/less undead minions.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Chapter 5 lich ritual is insanity , insane and impossible non sensical fight. Bugged , unbalanced , shitty encounter....
    Again i highly suggest to not pick lich path.

^ Top  
  4. Takamori Learned

Takamori
    Now one thing that I get "mad" with Owlcat not implementing simple crafting rules or be able to order custom equipment from crafters, its not something hard to implement. Add X days in game, pay X amount and maybe add some quests to unlock special materials in order to build equipment.
    Also why the fuck they removed halberds from the item pool?

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Can you finish Secrets of Creation in A3?

Can't seem to find two slabs, and I cleared the map. Can't find a path to Final Veil.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. FriendlyMerchant Learned

FriendlyMerchant
    I agree. Why can't they add things that were done in two or three different ways in NWN2?

^ Top  
  7. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    A game with almost one hundred classes and people get obsessed with the ones that literally do nothing. DD can be good for a non-caster class that wants to get Dragonform and fight as a dragon. EK is just bad.

It’s like it’s too much to process so they throw up their hands. Good metaphor for the present nihilism I guess.

^ Top  
  8. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Lul, Sosatel' the gay paladin has a rainbow fawn on his breastplate. You can't make this shit up.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 4
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That's just the lore. Shelyn. Beauty. Stuff like that.

Could they have, probably, used some creative license and changed things a bit? Sure. Can't blame them for following lore though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gangrelrumbler Arcane Patron

Gangrelrumbler
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Is Aeon really worth it for a melee char? I'm split between Azata and Aeon. The first one gives me ton of useful abilities but writing of their main quest feel really cringeworthy. Aeon doesn't seem that interesting stat-wise but the questline seems decent.

^ Top  
  11. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    The answer to this is always "Yes", no matter what you have to say after it.

Show Spoiler

• nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    Have to say, I'm not enjoying chapter 5 as much as I have the previous chapters, at least so far.

I think it's partially due to running into areas that don't feel as polished as the previous areas (had a couple of quest breaking bugs off the main path), partly due to having to do another crusade (when I've pretty much worked out how to exploit the mechanics so now it's just a tedious steamroll), partly due to me not really enjoying really high level DnD/Pathfinder content, and partly my MC having less options to do fun stuff now he's on the Gold Dragon Path.

Managed to get two of the fetch quest objects for that now, but have no idea how to get to
    Show Spoiler
    Baphomet's Inelutable Prison
    so I can't find the last one.

Not sure if that is reliant on me progressing the main quest or not, but I'm reluctant to do that because the more of the game's main quest I play, the less fun I'll get to have with new Mythic path stuff.

Already messed up that once by not getting Mythic Tier 4 until I was around character level 13 or 14.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    More Ember-related wholesome dialogue:
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    jUsT uSE mAgIC dUDe

upload_2021-9-10_0-12-1.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Please educate me on what caster-based weapon you are referring to, that allows me to spit out more than 150 dmg on each enemy each turn. I guess somehow in your world clearing entire rooms worth of enemies in a single cast is trash, but I'm starting to think youre just full of shit and enjoy sitting in here shitting on everybody else for "awful" builds.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    Aeon's got some great stuff to play with. It has a ton of useful immunities, some great buffs/debuffs, it can use bane, and the spell list is very useful for a melee character, too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    The one it’s hard to miss in Ivory Labyrinth for starters. You should already have all kinds of ways to maximize and empower spells if you want to be nuking. Otherwise it’s going to be a long slog.

Good to hear that you’re starting to think. That’s half the battle. I’m not ragging on you guys to be a dick I’m ragging on you because you’re beclowning yourselves when you talk about the game being broken and your examples are barely playable.

When people restrict themselves to four or five meme classes that destroy the progression of the classes they chose to play in the first place that is awful.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I thought I would get some XP for listening to Anevia's life story. Sadly, no.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Isn't it reward enough? :smug: (/s)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 3
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Yeah depends on what rest of party is doing but Aeon is great for fighters with Divine Favor/Power and all its Swift Spells (the Bane has Dispel, Greater on it with Char level + mythic lvl on the check) and Azata great for casters.

^ Top  
  21. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    You think the Aeon theme is what plays in Mechanus? I like to think Nordom misses hearing this every second.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Next I spoke to the quartermaster, Garms. When I asked him to tell him about himself, I was almost disappointed he didn't turn out to be a disguised tranny.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • feels good man feels good man x 2
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    You can easily go for a Sorcerer 6/Hell Knight Signifer 4/Eldritch Knight 10.

Human

STR 14, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 19 (or go for a Sage Sorcerer and get INT 19 and just grab necromancy spells instead of going for the undead bloodline)

Pick up Martial Weapons Prof and Arcane Armour Training at 1st level, and grab one of the warrior backgrounds for free light armour proficiency.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Rieser Learned

Rieser
    If only there was a way to track if you actually read it or not, because that sort of trial surely merits a reward.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    That’s how the books work. You have to read from inventory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.