Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
They'll fix it a bit, then mods will fix it a bit, and it will be fine. In the worst case it can be rebalance-modded out of being a concern.

Nah, it's the developers mindset. If they thought THAT was ok to ship, then I have no respect for them. To me, it means that consistency of quality is not their priority, they don't care about that in their products, they can halfass anything in the long run, there's no trust in the quality of their products(think old Blizzard). As I said earlier any normal studio would've ditched that abomination of tactical battles and be done with it - autoresolve only, but it was a strecth goal - so they kept it in its sorry state because "Yeah you paid for it so there you go :D". That also says a lot about the developer.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why believe in a deity that can be erased by a powerful enough wizard or who are generally weaker than something like Ioulaum or another super old lich.

Calling Karsus "a powerful enought wizard" is a understatement of his powerfullness. I mean, he was casting spells as a baby. He was the youngest person to be ever able to create a floating city. He is so powerful that his apprentices are epic level wizards capable of casting spells far more powerful than a wish. And even him, needed years of study and preparation to cast Karsus Avatar. And even his spell, only worked momentarely.

In 2E, the best which a mortal can defeat is a demigod. Lesser deities are already more powerful than Karsus.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll fix it a bit, then mods will fix it a bit, and it will be fine. In the worst case it can be rebalance-modded out of being a concern.

Nah, it's the developers mindset. If they thought THAT was ok to ship, then I have no respect for them. To me, it means that consistency of quality is not their priority, they don't care about that in their products, they can halfass anything in the long run, there's no trust in the quality of their products(think old Blizzard). As I said earlier any normal studio would've ditched that abomination of tactical battles and be done with it - autoresolve only, but it was a strecth goal - so they kept it in its sorry state because "Yeah you paid for it so there you go :D". That also says a lot about the developer.

This is an issue with KS stretch goals in general though. Very often they don't add anything to the game, or are even detrimental.

This is incidentally why I think the only KS stretch goal should be "more dev time", without any specific feature creep that hasn't been planned out from the start.

volklore

Arcane
Re. busted, the good Pope has done a quick vid on all the things that are busted. Winter Witch, some aspects of Bloodrager, Loremaster, Student of War, Cavalier and a few other bits and pieces.
There is a few wrong things about his vid. Namely sage sorc still has his bloodline (which is a replicate of the arcane bloodline with a different name), it just isnt displayed on the tooltip for some reason.

Israfael

Arcane
Calling Karsus "a powerful enought wizard" is a understatement of his powerfullness
Yet he was just a man capable of killing the god(ess) of magic and unravelling the fabric of the universe. What more god-like power do you need? Only Ao would not be affected by this as he exists ouside of the existence.

And even his spell, only worked momentarely.
It does not really matter, it did what it did.

Robber Baron

Savant
This is an issue with KS stretch goals in general though. Very often they don't add anything to the game, or are even detrimental.
This is incidentally why I think the only KS stretch goal should be "more dev time", without any specific feature creep that hasn't been planned out from the start.

Maybe, but the issue is that they even allow that huge dip in the quality of gameplay in the first place. And that's only the start of chapter 2. What the hell the player is supposed to think about the rest of the game? Yeah we all know what they thought. "Eh, it's just fucking tactical battles, who cares, you're here for the BEST ER PE GE EVER, BABY :^)". That mindset I will never approve. That said yeah it's just fucking tactical battles who cares - I don't anymore anyway, it was never the question of a shit implementation of the feature, but more of a general dissapointment in the developer.

Parabalus

Arcane

Maybe, but the issue is that they even allow that huge dip in the quality of gameplay in the first place. And that's only the start of chapter 2. What the hell the player is supposed to think about the rest of the game? Yeah we all know what they thought. "Eh, it's just fucking tactical battles, who cares, you're here for the BEST ER PE GE EVER, BABY :^)". That mindset I will never approve. That said yeah it's just fucking tactical battles who cares - I don't anymore anyway, it was never the question of a shit implementation of the feature, but more of a general dissapointment in the developer.

Why do you dislike the HoMM?

Pretty good addition, without the Crusade system urgency the RPG is pointless, like KM.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The evil characters were better in BG2 as well, apparently that's where the writers get to have fun. I wish I could have Korgan in every fantasy RPG. Especially in BG3.
I think one of the big problems is that they really failed in character introductions in this game.

For example, there really is some interesting stuff about Daeran, about his motivations to try and break the rules of the universe (which reminded me somewhat of the struggle to try and break the wall of the faithless in MotB):
Screenshot-20210910-120827.png
But his introduction - like the introduction of every evil character I've met so far - is just so horrible and makes him seem so insufferable, I do wonder how many people will even try to find out more about him.

Or take Wenduag: Who in their right minds would ever consider taking on a character that so readily displays their willingness to betray anyone as soon as they so much as suspect (even wrongfully) another person might be stronger?
Even if I was playing an evil character myself, I'd never take her into a party.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
Pretty good addition, without the Crusade system urgency the RPG is pointless, like KM.

I dislike how it chlashes with the rest of the game in its quality. Lazy unit icons, reused/lazy animations, reused models/animations for generals, low quality battlefields.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Some of the dialogue can be quite funny. Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers

PnjNmgs.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
listening to Anevia's life story
Isn't it reward enough? :smug: (/s)
Next I spoke to the quartermaster, Garms. When I asked him to tell him about himself, I was almost disappointed he didn't turn out to be a disguised tranny.
Best character in the game is our fat crusader-merchant bro. He charges into battle with you so you can sell loot unlike disgusting ork cunt, he don't talk much, he brings you cool +6 belt for sale right at the start of chapter 3.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I dislike how it chlashes with the rest of the game in its quality. Lazy unit icons, reused/lazy animations, reused models/animations for generals, low quality battlefields.
You aren't wrong, but what do you expect?
A full-blown HOMM within a full-blown RPG?

This is at least better than what was in Kingmaker and has some actual gameplay connected to it - even if that gameplay is rather shallow.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can understand Owlcat not hiring a dedicated webmaster - in case he someday tries to make a spiritual successor to Kingmaker. That's not a risk to be lightly dismissed. But I just got an update installed, "1.0.2e", and there is nowhere to look for patch notes. Owlcat's website is not even on page 1 in results when you google "wrath of the righteous".

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, wait they posted them in steam:

Update 1.0.2e/1.0.2b Patch Notes
Crusaders!
We’ve prepared a new patch for the Windows version - 1.0.2e!
The list of patch notes is rather long, so here’s what the majority of you’ve been asking about:
  • The red defence banner issue has been fixed;
  • Auto-casting issue has been fixed too;
  • The problem with vendors not buying your loot has been fixed as well;
  • Archers no longer change their target for no reason at all;
  • Some achievements got fixed;
  • We also fixed a number of items;
  • Some mythic quests didn’t progress - and now they do;
  • The issue with Intel GPU has also been fixed (read below)

We’ve also uploaded a patch for Mac
, and we apologize for the delay.
Mac version has been updated to 1.0.2b
, and the difference is that it includes the fixes from previous and this Windows patch, but doesn’t include the fix for Intel GPU loading issue.

If you want to know what else got fixed, read the full patch notes:

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Quests
  • The Final Verdict: it was impossible to speak with Regill after the event, and leave him in the party - fixed;
  • Conspiracy in Shadows: a dialogue with Yozz was looping - fixed;
  • Conspiracy in Shadows: it was impossible to complete the quest if you killed a certain NPC - fixed;
  • Conspiracy in Shadows: it was impossible to exit from Shamira’s palace after loading an autosave - fixed;
  • In Mythic Demon’s quest in chapter 5 one NPC’s allies couldn’t be killed - fixed;
  • Dragon's Awakening: marked on the map places where the NPCs need your help;
  • The Light Within quest didn’t progress for Angel Mythic Path - fixed;
  • Arueshalae's quest couldn’t be completed if it required Nurah's answer - fixed;
  • Fixed Sosiel’s quest in chapter 4;
  • Sometimes you couldn’t get an ending for Seelah’s questline - fixed;
  • Fixed a throne room event with Anevia, that was blocked by Sosiels romance event in chapter 5;
  • The Price of Loyalty: fixed the cut-scene freezing if you are on the Demon’s mythic path and finished the preparations yourself;
  • Iz: the Swarm-that-Walks and Gold Dragon can now use their unique dialogue options to affect the boss battle;
  • You can now tell Daeran about the Inquisitor’s plan in chapter 5;
  • After completing the Third Wheel quest, Morevet Honeyed Tongue still had dialogue options related to the quest - fixed.

Areas
  • Fixed fog of war in Drezen’s temple;
  • Optimized the lighting in Aeon’s scene in Threshold;
  • Fixed camera movements in Threshold;
  • Fixed camera movement in different areas of Drezen;
  • Optimized the lighting in the epilogue;
  • Optimized the lighting in Kenabres in the prologue;
  • Optimized the lighting on the streets of Kenabres;
  • Optimized the lighting in Pulura’s Fall area;
  • Fixed the lighting in some random encounters;
  • Chilly Creek: Jernaugh could get killed by wild animals by accident - fixed;
  • Gwerm's Mansion: you can no longer teleport into the locked room;
  • After speaking with Latverk your character couldn’t move - fixed;
  • Increased the duration of a certain boss battle in chapter 5;
  • Improved the passability of the Threshold area ;
  • Visual improvements for Gray Garrison;
  • Visual improvements for Arendae party house;
  • Visual improvements for Pulura’s Fall;
  • Fixed the issue with characters falling through the floor in some areas;
  • Iz: a cut-scene could freeze if activated while mounted;
  • Some corpses in various areas didn’t look like corpses - fixed;
  • Midnight Fane: some companions, who were not in the party at the moment, could hover above the floor - fixed;
  • Spoiler
    - Animated Weapons and Armors in Finnean’s quest had their natural armor reduced on core and higher difficulties;
  • Added a reminder to the journal to pick your equipment at the beginning of Colyphyr Mines
  • In Colyphyr Dungeon, when your equipment was confiscated, your companions also lost theirs - fixed;
  • When transitioning from Ten Thousand Delights for Fleshmarkets, the party could end up underground
  • In Ten Thousand Delights it was possible to sink underground - fixed;
  • Removed an unnecessary skill check in a house in the Upper City in chapter 4;
  • Teleportation arcs have been marked on the map in chapter 4;
  • Vendors and important NPC are now marked on the map in chapter 4;
  • Dry Crossroads: reduced the difficulty of battles;
  • Neathholm: improved the performance, highlighted the important spots;
  • It was impossible to trade with Sarzaksys at the Fleshmarkets - fixed;
  • Residents of Drezen now leave when a battle begins;
  • Fixed camera movement in The Ivory Labyrinth area;
  • Improved the lighting in The Ivory Labyrinth area;
  • It’s possible now to return to the ruined temple in the prologue after you jumped across the chasm.

Crusade
  • Added a tooltip for hospital’s progress bar in tactical combat;
  • Defence banner could turn red, even if demons weren’t attacking your forts - fixed;
  • Initial power of the Generals has been increased;
  • Swords of Gorum project could be received multiple times - fixed; if the Swords of Gorum project was being resolved at the moment of the patch application - it will be resolved automatically;
  • Quests that required waiting in auto crusade mode now have information about the time of waiting;
  • Tutorial in tactical battles have been fixed;
  • Wenduag used to appear in the throne room during the military council, when she shouldn’t have - fixed;
  • Damage of all Ranger's trap abilities has been moderately increased;
  • Cards of the finished projects used to remain on the right with an exclamation mark, until you open them. Now after the project is complete, the card will be automatically opened to inform you that the project is done, then go away;
  • After choosing a decision in an event, the card would close without showing the outcome - fixed;
  • Indication whether it’s possible or not to start an event wasn’t changing over time - fixed;
  • Fixed a visual bug with a boulder in tactical battle;
  • Tooltips have been added for the damage done by the abilities of Generals and troops.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Sometimes archers changed the target chosen by the player and started to attack someone else - fixed;
  • Numerous swarms could crawl over the same character - fixed;
  • Parameters of rat swarms and locusts swarms have been tweaked;
  • Animal Companion was present in the Group Manager window - fixed;
  • Death of the main character didn’t count as a game over sometimes - fixed;
  • Enemy's illusionists could cast colour spray on their allies - fixed;
  • Mounted effect didn't dispel after the rest, hence mounting lagged. Resolution: now it dispels;
  • Some Animal Companions' attacks were missing - fixed;
  • If you retrained a Kitsune and chose another race, you could still have a Kitsune Bite - fixed;
  • Vital Strike now works with ranged weapons;
  • Followers of Godclaw weren't able to pick positive or negative channel ability - fixed;
  • Mythics Legend's Corruption Resistance didn't work - fixed;
  • Velociraptor animal companion's talons were dealing 1d3 damage instead of 1d6 - fixed;
  • Mythic classes were losing ability to use mythic summons after gaining Mythic rank 3 - fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • When skipping a turn, tooltips could get stuck - fixed.

Items
  • Robe of Transmutation could be equipped only in the Armor slot, not the Shirt slot. Resolution: fixed, if it was equipped - don't forget to equip it again, as it will be unequipped after the patch, and put into the inventory;
  • The Signet of House Vespertilio disappeared after 1 use. Resolution: it no longer disappears. If it is no longer in your inventory after you've built a bridge on Kenabres square - it will reappear in your inventory;
  • Wrath of the Undead aura was affecting neutral units - fixed;
  • Estoc of Purity didn't have cold iron quality - fixed;
  • Light Crossbow of Oracle's Misery effects didn't have any descriptions - fixed;
  • The Hat of Heartening Song didn't have an icon - fixed;
  • Mantle of Night didn't work as intended - fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Fixed some
    SPOILER
    companion's UI story updates not working;
  • Auto-cast spells were getting disabled after loading a save - fixed;
  • Added an option to move the camera with the middle mouse button on the global map, and on the local map (while holding Alt);
  • Some Mythic Paths had empty prerequisites - fixed;
  • Improved the visual of tridents;
  • After deleting all saved games, the "Continue" button in the main menu could still be pressed - fixed;
  • Previously looted corpses with some loot left on them did not save their "loot was checked" status - fixed;
  • The combat log no longer reverts to its initial size after reloading;
  • During character creation it wasn’t possible to customize the human shape of kitsune - fixed;
  • Voice settings were reset after going back and then returning to the voice selection - fixed;
  • During character retraining, it was impossible to select the same portrait you’ve been using before - fixed;
  • Vendor inventory would stop working correctly in some cases - fixed;
  • Some weapon enchantment effects stay in the inventory window after character is changed - fixed;
  • Mythic Angel’s description was missing in the UI - fixed;
  • In character creator it was possible to change the race of a pre-generated character - fixed;
  • The intention lines didn’t work correctly in battles - fixed;
  • Spells blinked while switching toggle "Possible spells" in the spellbook - fixed;
  • The names of settings tabs were displayed incorrectly after saving the changes - fixed;
  • Combat log wasn’t clearing after loading a save with a different protagonist - fixed.

Misс
  • Fixed Spark, Memories frozen in time, Prelate's Nemesis achievements;
  • GOG Only: Updated Galaxy SDK, which should solve Galaxy-related crash issues;
  • Fixed the issue with the animation of the stretcher-bearers in the first cutscene;
  • In Mythic Demon’s path: fixed the appearance of Tarshary;
  • Some slides couldn’t appear in the epilogue - fixed;
  • Fixed another rare case of crashing to the main menu;
  • Companions sometimes couldn't take their position during camping - fixed;
  • Some mongrels still had a wrong race - fixed;
  • Fixed the issue that led to crashes with Intel GPU (you will get better performance if you run the game in 1366х768 resolution);
  • Sometimes buffs and status effects on the main character could stay on even after reload - fixed;
  • Fixed incorrect XP numbers for the checks with very high DC;
  • Added an auto save right after arriving to Colyphyr Mines;
  • FIxed Hepzamirah’s weapon appearance during battle.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
HElf-busted.jpg

Just thought I'd test something out and Kindred-Raised Half-Elf sorcerers are busted; you can stack the +2 to any attribute with the +2 CHA from kindred raised.

You can also get them Elven Magic with a Half-Elf specific feat (+2 to caster level vs spell pen and arcane lore. Stacks with Spell Penetration).

AwesomeButton

Patron

Robber Baron

Savant

You aren't wrong, but what do you expect?
A full-blown HOMM within a full-blown RPG?

This is at least better than what was in Kingmaker and has some actual gameplay connected to it - even if that gameplay is rather shallow.

Would it kill them to give generals uniqe idle animations - they made one for that shitty solaire meme but couldn't do for the core feature of the game? Unit icons(portaits) are 100% made with batch renderer, all they had to do was change the rendering camera angle to show the whole unit instead of its stupid face to make believe we're playing a strategy mode. Give units uniqe, not-reused from the main game, idle(at least) battle animations, because one would expect from the creators of HOMM5 and those who claim to enjoy HOMM3 the importance of a distinctive visual profile for a unit. All in all I would've wanted(and expected sadly) to see effort put into the mode and not reused models and animations slapped together and called a day.
Larian would've never allowed such shamefull display. You're free to prove me wrong if Larian ever halfassed a core feature of the game, espesially in the visual style and consistency department.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom