Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I found your portrait image (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e2/40/b4/e240b4d7c167f5ec7e05ac97ff5808f1.jpg), but it's cut to fit a landscape wallpaper format. Where can I get the full version? Is it from a pack from the nexus?
I found it in this portrait pack. I'm fairly sure it's in the "Human, Elf, Half-Elf T1" group, in the "Paladin" folder. That pack has a lot of shit portraits, but some of them are usable, if you can accept the clear differences with the cartoony art style of the game.

Daidre

Arcane
Owlcat was adding dozens of new icons with almost each patch in Kingmaker, almost like an artist responsible for them was not able to finish work in time and was doing them in batches after release.

Could be the same story with Wrath.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would it kill them to give generals uniqe idle animations - they made one for that shitty solaire meme but couldn't make one fo the core feature of the game? Unit icons(portaits) are 100% made with batch renderer, all they had to do was change the rendering camera angle to show the whole unit instead of its stupid face to make believe we're playing a strategy mode. Give units uniqe, not-reused from the main game, idle(at least) battle animations, because one would expect from the creators of HOMM5 and those who claim to enjoy HOMM3 the importance of the distictive visual profile for the unit. All in all I would've wanted(and expected sadly) to see effort put into the mode and not reused models and animations slapped together and called a day.
Larian would've never allowed such shamefull display. You're free to prove me wrong if Larian ever halfassed a core feature of the game, espesially in the visual style and consistency department.
Sounds like graphics whorism to me.

I don't give a flying fuck if something has a friggin idle animation as long as the gameplay works.
They could've made that mode look like Conquest Of Elysium with one image for "normal" and one for "attacking" for all I care.

Robber Baron

Savant
Would it kill them to give generals uniqe idle animations - they made one for that shitty solaire meme but couldn't make one fo the core feature of the game? Unit icons(portaits) are 100% made with batch renderer, all they had to do was change the rendering camera angle to show the whole unit instead of its stupid face to make believe we're playing a strategy mode. Give units uniqe, not-reused from the main game, idle(at least) battle animations, because one would expect from the creators of HOMM5 and those who claim to enjoy HOMM3 the importance of the distictive visual profile for the unit. All in all I would've wanted(and expected sadly) to see effort put into the mode and not reused models and animations slapped together and called a day.
Larian would've never allowed such shamefull display. You're free to prove me wrong if Larian ever halfassed a core feature of the game, espesially in the visual style and consistency department.
I don't give a flying fuck if something has a friggin idle animation as long as the gameplay works.
They could've made that mode look like Conquest Of Elysium with one image for "normal" and one for "attacking" for all I care.

It's cool that you don't care about the consistency of the quality in the product, but you're wrong to assume everyone else will as well

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The fact that I don't see anything regarding all the dysfunctional feats and class mechanics in those patch notes pains me greatly.

But hey, combat log not minimizing after each reload might at least cure me of my progressing autism.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's cool that you don't care about the consistency of the quality in the product, but you're wrong to assume everyone else will as well
I don't assume shit.
Most people are graphics whores. If that means you are in good company or not is on you to figure out :lol:

And you ARE correct that this part of the game does not match the other parts in quality (including gameplay).
It's just minor enough for me to not really care about it. Focus on the positive, you know - e.g. it being better than what was in Kingmaker.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They would never announce the issues they are working on, one of the main reasons being that it will delay purchases, and some of those will never realize.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, it seems I'm ACTUALLY I'm taking a break from playing it. I'm right after starting the crusade.
1. Waiting for patches and all that shit.
2. Also, I'm a bit demoralized after realizing my stat drain spam build idea is probably not that great in WotR.
3. My autism is concerned the about difficulty mode. I'm playing core, but with amount of enemies set to "normal". Because it sounded more "core". But is it truly the corest core? It seems Owlcat will never make a clear core core mode.

Robber Baron

Savant
I don't assume shit.
Most people are graphics whores.

432cd446d49a5a9fc1887dc272fc456a.gif

Daidre

Arcane
I've noticed just now that Owlcat's implementation of the Skald is completely nuts comparing to Call of the Wild for Kingmaker. Holic kept PnP restriction that Skald can not share Stance Rage Powers to listeners but Wrath is another story.

And holy shit, getting benefits of all upgrades for Lethal Stance including crit multiplier or Reckless Stance's AB that stacks with everything is soooo crazy.

Oh... And with Inspire Ferocity Skald applies AB from Reckless Stance AND from Inspire Ferocity itself on whole party doing like x2 of his song... So my 6 lvl Skald gives everyone +5 AB the second she switches the music on:
+1 Rage (Song itself)
+2 Reckless Stance
+2 Inspire Ferocity (rage power that shares Reckless Stance on party)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Once again, fuck the crusading mechanic (see number of turns).

u8YyJGv.png

As soon as you can, buy lots of archery ranges and recruit a stack of marksmen. For me, a big stack of them does 10 times the damage of a similarly sized unit of hellknights and they're pretty cheap. Might have to choose 'sharpshooters' that Regill suggests during an upgrade meeting in Drezen to unlock them as units.

Make sure you get heal wounds on your generals ASAP. Try to get prayer as well. Also, the one that adds to unit cap.

All the 'trap' type abilities for generals seem crap.

Most of the direct damage abilities are rubbish, too.

The DD abilities scale by power squared, so you have to invest in Spellcraft. The Ranger DD (Siege) abilities cannot currently target units but there is an equivalent Siegecraft that powers those up.

As for Traps the enemy actually has AI and will avoid them so you can use to impede pathing.

Desiderius

Patron
u8YyJGv.png

So you want them to put you out of your misery faster when you enter battle unprepared?

Maybe try bypassing that DR, just like in the side with your companions.

Parabalus

Arcane
You can get the book bonuses before looting them, good way to not skip any by accident. Looks like you don't need to scroll all the way too.

u8YyJGv.png

So you want them to put you out of your misery faster when you enter battle unprepared?

Maybe try bypassing that DR, just like in the side with your companions.

What Desiderius means is take a general with scorching ray in the starter set.

Desiderius

Patron
Re. busted, the good Pope has done a quick vid on all the things that are busted. Winter Witch, some aspects of Bloodrager, Loremaster, Student of War, Cavalier and a few other bits and pieces.

Yeah do a playthrough on a known class then test the others with a respec before trying.

Desiderius

Patron
How the heck so many people struggle with crusades should their add iq test or something at the start of the game? :kfc:

The thing that amazes me is that they post some screenshot of basically attacking Firkraag with Jaheira's starting weapon and be like "See? see? game suxxors!"

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How the heck so many people struggle with crusades should their add iq test or something at the start of the game?
You need to understand the school education that the Soviet Union enforced in the Warsaw Pact countries - which still keeps working by inertia - is vastly different from Western, especially in calculus, mathematics in general and reading. It is much harder to remain functionally illiterate after the post-Soviet school.

Parabalus

Arcane
How the heck so many people struggle with crusades should their add iq test or something at the start of the game? :kfc:

The thing that amazes me is that they post some screenshot of basically attacking Firkraag with Jaheira's starting weapon and be like "See? see? game suxxors!"

You don't have better units than Clerics and Hellknights when you get to those Gargoyles, if your general doesn't have good skills it's over.

Desiderius

Patron
How the heck so many people struggle with crusades should their add iq test or something at the start of the game?
You need to understand the school education that the Soviet Union enforced in the Warsaw Pact countries - which still keeps working by inertia - is vastly different from Western, especially in calculus, mathematics in general and reading. It is much harder to remain functionally illiterate after the post-Soviet school.

It was same in West. iPalantirs have fried all their brains. And I haven't read a book in years myself.

This is what future generations are for. Nature's hard reboot. They'll adapt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom