Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mauman

Learned

Well, that is how it works in tabletop so no surprise.

There's a build floating around the internet that revolves around using vital strike/shot with a double barrel shotgun.

I'm not making this up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game may be released, but the dev diaries are continuing:

What is the Worldwound, and how did it come to be? Watch our new developer diary with James Jacobs, Creative Director at Paizo Inc.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
So what's the general consensus on mounts, so far? Are they broken?

Paladin just hit lvl 5 and I'm trying to figure out what to take, animal companion or divine weapon bond. But I remember reading (maybe in this thread? Can't find it) that mounted combat is hosed up and annoying. Also, I have the talking weapon and great sword form, which I suppose I will use indefinitely. So, not sure if the divine bond with weapon would be overkill.

So far, game isn't bad.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Paladin just hit lvl 5 and I'm trying to figure out what to take, animal companion or divine weapon bond. But I remember reading (maybe in this thread? Can't find it) that mounted combat is hosed up and annoying. Also, I have the talking weapon and great sword form, which I suppose I will use indefinitely. So, not sure if the divine bond with weapon would be overkill.

So far, game isn't bad.

Most feats for them are broken and you have to re-mount constantly, so just for convenience it is probably better to go with a weapon bond.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s a background now that gives you brew potions and another for scribe scrolls.

Mauman

Learned
There’s a background now that gives you brew potions and another for scribe scrolls.

Those backgrounds have been here since release.

That being said, I have a hard time NOT choosing the backgrounds that let me sub out certain stats for skills. Like Wisdom for persuade instead of charisma.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

So far, game isn't bad.

Imho, biggest benefit in the riding is that pet AC and speed used instead of rider's when both merged into single unit. And pets usually have ridiculously high buffed AC due to their continuous stat improvement.

There are still some small bugs with their RT AI when you lose control over them and need to reselect character + you need to remount often after pet is hit with CC and after some cutscenes. You actually do not need remount on each zone change, but entering the "Home Base" dismounts you automatically.

Most mounted feast work questionably right now so most of them are waste beside the one that gives your shield AC to mount. And charge is kinda fucked up and could only be used as a fight opener.

So my verdict: riding lets you make an uber tank out of anyone, so it is totally worth some small inconveniences. It also makes all teamwork feats that you and mount share always active (Outflank!) which is very nice too.

PS I've got some crazy good results running Hunter who sits on Bully class Dog. It is like a tripping machine that hits like a tram.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Those backgrounds have been here since release.

That being said, I have a hard time NOT choosing the backgrounds that let me sub out certain stats for skills. Like Wisdom for persuade instead of charisma.

Not an issue if I’m not playing WIS-based. The INT one is whatever and if you’re Cleric or Shaman can’t afford to dump CHR in any case.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
When is Finnean going to do anything?

Found two pages about him being experimented on but zilch from him.

Mauman

Learned
Not an issue if I’m not playing WIS-based. The INT one is whatever and if you’re Cleric or Shaman can’t afford to dump WIS in any case.

Well, I obviously wouldn't pick it if I was making a sorcerer or such, but for anything that doesn't require charisma it allows me to still have high persuade and dump charisma to rock levels (since dumping WIS is a bad bad idea).

eli

Learned
anyone has high CPU temps and usage while playing the game? I have gotten this issue since beta and I can't play for a few minutes without my PC melting like shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
Meredoth , how did you manage deskari in chapter 5 ? He's immune to death, stat drain, pretty much immune to everything , one hit kill everything , minions are also compltelty usless on this as expected. Was there some plot hole or items to make this more manageable ?

Mortmal

Arcane
anyone has high CPU temps and usage while playing the game? I have gotten this issue since beta and I can't play for a few minutes without my PC melting like shit.
disable ssao Hbao ,tun down shadows, anyway game is poorly optimized.

Mauman

Learned
So, to those beyond chapter 2, what's better for animal companions.

Keeping evasion?

Or taking Bulwark for the DR.

Note - I'm talking about a triceratops here. Not know for their high dex. But Animal Companion classes DO give a lot of reflex.

eli

Learned
Upgrade your wooden PC.
rayzen 5 3600 6C&12T
GTX 1070 8 GB
16 RAM
installed on SSD
vs
some unity game

how is my PC underequipped to play this game?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Upgrade your wooden PC.
rayzen 5 3600 6C&12T
GTX 1070 8 GB
16 RAM
installed on SSD
vs
some unity game

how is my PC underequipped to play this game?

Irrespective of this game, get some more RAM holy shit. It is the cheapest component to buy.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Anyone managed to kill Gresilla on Core or above? DC38 on Overwhelming Presence is hard to beat, even with Mind Blank. No Holy Aura (unless I summon a few devas with Duality) and I don't have Joyful Rapture. Even when succeeding at the Will saves, the stagger is usually still enough to allow her to kill 2-3 people before I can realistically strip her of her buffs and dish out some pain. Any ideas?

Israfael

Arcane
Just install MSI Afterburner and limit the fps in the game to a comfortable value (otherwise it'd always use 100% of GPU even in menus etc)

His Dudeness

Augur
Regill +
fuck-demons.png

This weapon carried me through all the level draining, back to back higher demons fights.

Parabalus

Arcane
Ok, i'm joining people who thinks Blackwater is absolute shit. It's absolute shit.

Reminds me of Irovetti's palace, best to buff up and mindlessly a-move through the area.

If you can't do it that way it's a complete pain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom