Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone managed to kill Gresilla on Core or above? DC38 on Overwhelming Presence is hard to beat, even with Mind Blank. No Holy Aura (unless I summon a few devas with Duality) and I don't have Joyful Rapture. Even when succeeding at the Will saves, the stagger is usually still enough to allow her to kill 2-3 people before I can realistically strip her of her buffs and dish out some pain. Any ideas?

You can dodge the spell by summoning monsters on top of her, and running away till she casts it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Someone explain how to progress this quest(bugged?). Act 3, woljif quest
I ran into a camp where they're trying to sacrifice a guy and woljif is leading them. I can't talk to woljif, talking to cultists only leads to options to kill them (doesn't do anything) and leaving the area fails the quest. Did I run into a big or am I just missing something?
You could talk to the cultists and then play along with wojiz guy and then just postpone the sacrifice. Reload from the area entering save and try again. Just don't hit enter to skip cutscenes,that fucks things in the game a lot.
I did do that. The question is what to do afterwards.

Jackpot

Learned
the patch reset my diifficulty setting, I was literally playing for 20 minutes on normal before I realised
That happened to me as well, I loaded my game and when all my party members died to robot demons I noticed that they got the critically wounded instead of dead.
If that disqualifies me from Core achievements I'll be a bit irked.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Cyberdemons don't care about lightning it seams. For some reason it doesn't strip their regen in my game. Cyberhumans - yes, cyberdemons - no. So i gave glaive to succubus and she walks behing and finish downed demons.
It's because cyberdemons are in fact immune to electricity, so it won't shut down their regeneration.
You can dodge the spell by summoning monsters on top of her, and running away till she casts it.
Ehh, it suits my narrative to not fight her anyway, so I won't bother (this playthrough, at least). Next time I'll be better prepared, but I don't actually have any summons.

Based on most peoples complaints about "cant see shit in lategame lmao" I get the feeling (and their screenshots actually prove it) that these people just tend to play RTwP and thus the big models all stacking on top of each other and having characters attack 8times in 5 seconds might be a bit too much. Maybe if they werent such fucking degenerates and played Turn-based, you wouldn't have these issues. Then again, they all have a dumbfuck or shitposter tag already, so I shouldnt be surprised.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Nah doesnt work, i managed it with slighlty lower difficulty and negative eruption spam+ quickened exsanguinates. Anything else is completely useless, the companions are just good to take a few hits. I hear many people complaining about the tavern fight, what will they say when they encounter this, they probably wont ever anyway.
I am intrigued by D's stat block. Care to share some insights? Even description in words are good.
To be fair, 3.X and derivatives aren't really known for exciting high level gameplay.

Ok desiderius mode on, There's like 4 more pages of abitilies.... Totally like a pen and paper game you see...

They actually buffed him up compared to his version in the AP.
https://www.aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Deskari

Sunri

Liturgist
Damm Camelia seems so stupid that is kinda insane how did she survive for so long is a mystery I pity horgus for having dumfuck like that as daughter im still on her companion quest but everything she does doesn't make any sense
anyway
xG0TdP3.png

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The newest patch didn't fix charge getting stuck and loosing you a turn? What the actual fuck. Good thing they've wisely allocated resources. I guess making sure that when fagboy angel buys you flowers the entire room is actually full of roses was fucking worth it. People gave Bioware shit for having a faggot elf hit on you, but unlike Owlcat at that time Bioware was able to deliver a polished game. The only thing that wasn't unfinished in some way on release was faggotry.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The newest patch didn't fix charge getting stuck and loosing you a turn? What the actual fuck. Good thing they've wisely allocated resources. I guess making sure that when fagboy angel buys you flowers the entire room is actually full of roses was fucking worth it. People gave Bioware shit for having a faggot elf hit on you, but unlike Owlcat at that time Bioware was able to deliver a polished game. The only thing that wasn't unfinished in some way on release was faggotry.

So far I get the feeling they learned very little from Kingmaker except how to push more blacks and homos on the player.

Nah doesnt work, i managed it with slighlty lower difficulty and negative eruption spam+ quickened exsanguinates. Anything else is completely useless, the companions are just good to take a few hits. I hear many people complaining about the tavern fight, what will they say when they encounter this, they probably wont ever anyway.
I am intrigued by D's stat block. Care to share some insights? Even description in words are good.
To be fair, 3.X and derivatives aren't really known for exciting high level gameplay.

Ok desiderius mode on, There's like 4 more pages of abitilies.... Totally like a pen and paper game you see...

The only thing that surprised me is that stablock in PnP Pathfinder doesn't include preferred pronouns.

Shadenuat

Arcane

Heh. Demon Lords are a weak bunch.

Parabalus

Arcane
Ehh, it suits my narrative to not fight her anyway, so I won't bother (this playthrough, at least). Next time I'll be better prepared, but I don't actually have any summons.

She doesn't drop anything and gives only 10k, better to skip.

So far I get the feeling they learned very little from Kingmaker except how to push more blacks and homos on the player.

The least there are long stretches in the game where there is no dialogue, just bashing foes. And some of the encounters are actually really interesting. Wish the game included some sort of an Aracade mode that just takes you from one combat location to another, without the Kingdom management V.2.0, LGBT+3 companions and HoMM V for morons.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I don't like how my PC is able to talk Queen Galfrey out of stuff and into stuff. But what else can I do?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Heh. Demon Lords are a weak bunch.

Only from a rollplaying perspective, which is apparently what their encounter designers are dedicated to.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Damm Camelia seems so stupid that is kinda insane how did she survive for so long is a mystery I pity horgus for having dumfuck like that as daughter im still on her companion quest but everything she does doesn't make any sense
anyway
xG0TdP3.png

Wenduag based af. Also best girl.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Demons possess a particular suite of traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry) as summarized here.

• Immunity to electricity and poison.
  • Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.

Ascendant Element is a must with resistances like this.

There's a loading screen tip which says this verbatim.

Having mandatory perks in your game is Good Design.
I won't pick Ascendant Element and I'm fairly sure I will finish this game without any major problem (bugs permitting). Ascendant Element is mandatory IF you want to deal damage with your blasts (and yes, different perks being good for different playstyles is good design).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Demons possess a particular suite of traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry) as summarized here.

• Immunity to electricity and poison.
  • Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.

Ascendant Element is a must with resistances like this.

Having mandatory perks in your game is Good Design.
I won't pick Ascendant Element and I'm fairly sure I will finish this game without any major problem (bugs permitting). Ascendant Element is mandatory IF you want to deal damage with your spells (and yes, different perks being good for different playstyles is good design).

Not much point in being a controller when the important enemies are immune to everything later on.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you guys wanna wait until they fix bugs, you can collect dirt from flower pots in Encased. It's a silly game. Isometric stalker new vegas.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If technology advances in the future and loading times almost dissapear like it happens now with games made 20 years ago, I can already see a whole new generation of retards wondering WTF is on their screens. *tear in corner of eye*

Loading screens will be obsolate but future games will still pause for 10 seconds before entering a new location just to show you the newest LGBT/BLM/Health At Every Size related announcement.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If technology advances in the future and loading times almost dissapear like it happens now with games made 20 years ago, I can already see a whole new generation of retards wondering WTF is on their screens. *tear in corner of eye*

Loading screens will be absolate but future games will still pause for 10 seconds before entering a new location just to show you the newest LGBT/BLM/Health At Every Size related announcement.

Plus mandatory pauses due to the increasing influence of the Chinese market.
CITIZEN, YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 8329 SECONDS. TIME TO TAKE A REST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom