Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Loading screens will be absolate but future games will still pause for 10 seconds before entering a new location just to show you the newest LGBT/BLM/Health At Every Size related announcement.
I'm so happy to say I'll probably be dead by then.

Rafidur

Learned
Now that's interesting: my party got replaced with a level 0 dwarf. He can't be levelled.

86UO0BS.jpg
You have reached DebugDwarf. How may I be of assistance?

Update:

I can level DebugDwarf by spam clicking on the top left (icon, ability score, feats...) categories until the screen stops being blank - this brings the full character creation screen (portrait,name, deity, etc). By escaping his bugged level screen with clicking the X button instead of the escape key he stays in the party instead of replacing it. So I put him in the party and character created him - this reset the main's character portrait (?), so I didn't dare continue on that save in fear of whatever invisible horrors were also spawned into being by the process.

The skeletal champion is still a level 1 animal companion that can only wear bardings, unselectable, out of bounds, and popping on and off in the party. It was gone after DebugDwarf party replacement.

Fredward

Scholar
Killed a lich with grease today. Imagine: you're transcended mortality, you will never age, never weaken. You are perfectly eternal.

And you die because you fell down and couldn't get back up.

:negative:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yea I think I already burned out on this. It has the exact same problems as Kingmaker.
This won't be worth truly playing until they release the first DLC or so, right now it's just too buggy and badly balanced to be truly fun or interesting.

As usual they frontloaded the first Act to make it look like a proper game but the moment you go beyond that it starts to fall apart. Exactly like Kingmaker.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
738630df94.jpg

Fun fight. Corrupt magic to strip it of its buffs, tanking it with Blur+Displacement Camellia until the Embrace of Death got through the Will save, and then it was actually killable. Lich Withering Life is useless for most regular fights, but very powerful in these kind of fights.

I quite like how most of the optional mini bosses tend to be harder than the main story. While it somewhat ruins the immersion of seeing a late-game Storyboss have less AC and worse stats than an optional boss in Chapter 3, it certainly spices up gameplay every few hours to run into something that takes a few attempts and requires a specific strategy to deal with.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
738630df94.jpg

Fun fight. Corrupt magic to strip it of its buffs, tanking it with Blur+Displacement Camellia until the Embrace of Death got through the Will save, and then it was actually killable.

That's not good design. It's the definition of relying on RNG to get anything done.

Rafidur

Learned
it certainly spices up gameplay every few hours to run into something that takes a few attempts and requires a specific strategy to deal with.

For me ol' reliable was the summon spectre from rank 2 mythical death powers, it's immune to physical and a bunch of stuff, floats, and drains 2 level a hit. Trivializes the pit summoning ghost and the ritual sacrifice demon in chapter 2. Sadly after going lich the ability was gone...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
how did you manage deskari in chapter 5 ? He's immune to death, stat drain, pretty much immune to everything , one hit kill everything , minions are also compltelty usless on this as expected. Was there some plot hole or items to make this more manageable ?

He was pretty hard. I believe that using a wall of summons as shield in TB mode while my party attacks him with legendary bows and I with negative eruption to damage him and heal my party while domain of the hungry flesh constant damages him and his locusts was the trick. Minions being complete useless, I disagree. The undead dragon which Lich mythic path gives to you is quite strong.

AAM4GdR.png

please don't mind me:

Yep. Game journalists that can't play IWD:EE in story mode...

JeGl9oa.png

FzABtWN.png

Is "game journalists like" your unique argument?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Okay so apparently Owlcat writting team is 100% Pozzed and Entire Camilia is one giant Ryan Johnson with
Like honestly i get it that you want to take conventionally attractive character and then have her fucked up but if you want to own chuds go write Tumblr Blog

As you might have guessed: there is no Mireya. The bloodlust is pure Camellia. She's a mass murdering psychopath, and completely unapologetic about it. She NEEDS to kill and does not give a rats ass about spirits (even if they are the source of her magic) or the Worldwound. And no, killing on the field of battle just doesn't do anything for her. That's why you end the quest by letting ther gut her father, then all his servants. Her alignement get revealed then. To everyones absolute surprise it turns out to be CE :)

She is honestly not written as character but as Fuck you, like i get you might not find the community welcoming but you dont write one of the companions for romance STRETCHGOAL as fucked up as this, and with no good endings. Like YOU DONT AUTOFAIL PLAYER ROMANCE

CaesarCzech

Scholar
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...k/psa_regarding_crusade_mechanics_dont_build/

If you build the training center, your troops will only deal 10% damage to enemy troops instead of the 110% like they should. This is likely why so many enemy units come off as near-invulnerable and hundreds of turns are needed just to win one encounter. I just thought I'd share this for those who don't know/didn't make the connection regarding the bug.

Bravo Owlcat.

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH *TM*

Saark

Arcane
Patron
For me ol' reliable was the summon spectre from rank 2 mythical death powers, it's immune to physical and a bunch of stuff, floats, and drains 2 level a hit. Trivializes the pit summoning ghost and the ritual sacrifice demon in chapter 2. Sadly after going lich the ability was gone...
I think it just gets replaced with the new summoning ability. Makes sense, and it certainly seems dumb to have enemies that only deal physical attacks wail on a target they cannot damage under any circumstances for multiple rounds.

That's not good design. It's the definition of relying on RNG to get anything done.
Yeah, how dare an RPG require you to improve your character, getting more Casterlevels, Spell Penetration and increasing the DC of your spells as core themes of your game. Or improving Attackbonuses/AC for physical characters. If you suck at it, build characters in a bad way or straightup go into a fight with equipment that isn't good enough, you're supposed to have a harder time or simply be unable to succeed.

Maybe you're playing the wrong type of game if this isn't to your liking. Truly a shame you can't just headshot NPCs with Magic Missile if you put your cursor exactly over their head when casting. Would probably be as difficult for RTwP brainlets who complain about models being too big so they can't see shit anymore in their RPG.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I think it just gets replaced with the new summoning ability. Makes sense, and it certainly seems dumb to have enemies that only deal physical attacks wail on a target they cannot damage under any circumstances for multiple rounds.

Yeah, how dare an RPG require you to improve your character, getting more Casterlevels, Spell Penetration and increasing the DC of your spells as core themes of your game. Or improving Attackbonuses/AC for physical characters. If you suck at it, build characters in a bad way or straightup go into a fight with equipment that isn't good enough, you're supposed to have a harder time or simply be unable to succeed.

Maybe you're playing the wrong type of game if this isn't to your liking. Truly a shame you can't just headshot NPCs with Magic Missile if you put your cursor exactly over their head when casting. Would probably be as difficult for RTwP brainlets who complain about models being too big so they can't see shit anymore in their RPG.

Not what I meant.

You said it yourself: Your only way to defeat the demon was waiting and hoping for it fail a single save. That is crap.

Sunri

Liturgist
Okay so apparently Owlcat writting team is 100% Pozzed and Entire Camilia is one giant Ryan Johnson with
Like honestly i get it that you want to take conventionally attractive character and then have her fucked up but if you want to own chuds go write Tumblr Blog

As you might have guessed: there is no Mireya. The bloodlust is pure Camellia. She's a mass murdering psychopath, and completely unapologetic about it. She NEEDS to kill and does not give a rats ass about spirits (even if they are the source of her magic) or the Worldwound. And no, killing on the field of battle just doesn't do anything for her. That's why you end the quest by letting ther gut her father, then all his servants. Her alignement get revealed then. To everyones absolute surprise it turns out to be CE :)

She is honestly not written as character but as Fuck you, like i get you might not find the community welcoming but you dont write one of the companions for romance STRETCHGOAL as fucked up as this, and with no good endings. Like YOU DONT AUTOFAIL PLAYER ROMANCE
At least shes original and brings something new to the table instead being another goody 2 shoes or just pretending to be evil

CaesarCzech

Scholar

At least shes original and brings something new to the table instead being another goody 2 shoes or just pretending to be evil

Tumblr is original ? check her writing ? Like The Whole LICKS HER LIPS INCONSPISIOUSLY*/S reads like some retarded idea of triggers and having several chapters worth of incidents showing that despite how fucked up she is she cares for her father to the point of being unable to continue ritual due to resemblance to her father only for the final quest being basically Massmurder of him RAILROADED THAT I STRESS is moment where you realize its Ryan Johnson subversion like for fucksake i actually fucking Like Wasteland 3 Psycho Companion and i tell you Fucking In Exile wrote their lunatic better.

BTW You just convinced me PIS is stupid with forbidding abortion.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Someone explain how to progress this quest(bugged?). Act 3, woljif quest
I ran into a camp where they're trying to sacrifice a guy and woljif is leading them. I can't talk to woljif, talking to cultists only leads to options to kill them (doesn't do anything) and leaving the area fails the quest. Did I run into a big or am I just missing something?
You could talk to the cultists and then play along with wojiz guy and then just postpone the sacrifice. Reload from the area entering save and try again. Just don't hit enter to skip cutscenes,that fucks things in the game a lot.
I did do that. The question is what to do afterwards.
So to quote myself in case someone else has the misfortune of running into this:
If woljif leaves the party with a disease, then when he next appears the game decides that he is late for making a save on said disease. So he makes 50 billion saves instantly, and winds up failing enough of them that one or more stats get reduced to 0, killing him.

I installed the save hacking tool at https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/8?tab=description and removed the disease, and now it seems to work.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You said it yourself: Your only way to defeat the demon was waiting and hoping for it fail a single save. That is crap.

Yeah, insane RNG to cast a spell 3 times because it only succeeds on a saving throw roll of 7 or less. What a fucking dogshit game, how dare there be RNG like that in an RPG of all things. You really are fucking retarded if you think that this kind of gameplay is bad design for an RPG. Having encounters put you into a difficult situation and forcing you to overcome it through clever use of scrolls, wands, switching some pieces of equipment or trying out a variety of different spells and strategies to overcome it and increasing the odds to succeed WITHOUT needing massive nat 1s/20 rolls. That's exactly what the game is about, and these mini-bosses so far were well done in that regard. I never had to reload excessively and pray for multiple insane rolls, so maybe you just suck at the game and call it "full RNG" when you're simply not smart enough to overcome the challenges it throws your way. Thankfully you can always play it on Story Mode, although the writing isnt nearly good enough to justify that. The only fun of the game is the combat, so maybe if it's not your cup of tea then you're better off playing a different game.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Yeah, insane RNG to cast a spell 3 times because it only succeeds on a saving throw roll of 7 or less. What a fucking dogshit game, how dare there be RNG like that in an RPG of all things. You really are fucking retarded if you think that this kind of gameplay is bad design for an RPG. Having encounters put you into a difficult situation and forcing you to overcome it through clever use of scrolls, wands, switching some pieces of equipment or trying out a variety of different spells and strategies to overcome it and increasing the odds to succeed WITHOUT needing massive nat 1s/20 rolls. That's exactly what the game is about, and these mini-bosses so far were well done in that regard. I never had to reload excessively and pray for multiple insane rolls, so maybe you just suck at the game and call it "full RNG" when you're simply not smart enough to overcome the challenges it throws your way. Thankfully you can always play it on Story Mode, although the writing isnt nearly good enough to justify that. The only fun of the game is the combat, so maybe if it's not your cup of tea then you're better off playing a different game.

You seem unreasonably upset.

And again: Having exactly ONE option to damage an enemy AT ALL is bad design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom