Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Where is that? Midnight Fane?
Yeah.

Like legitimately what other romance is there that you are unable to affect and influence ?
Exactly my point. Having all characters behave the same is boring, having a few that you can mold and shape to your beliefs while others are going to stick to their guns allows everybody to have a character they genuinely enjoy. Some people enjoy partners that challenge them or have very different opinions and viewpoints.
It makes sense that a chaotic evil character has no intention or desire to change, not even for their "love interest". It's a tired old video-game thing that even the most evil companion can change, but a character with conviction and strong beliefs shouldn't work that way. Certainly doesn't work that way in real life. Deal with it, or date someone whose willing to change who they are for you. Personally, I find that incredibly boring.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Ssark first you call me a simp and now you rate my post as begone thot, are you indecisive or im some sort of mystical half-simp half-thot ? seriously dont be a pink eye.
I've done neither of those things. I haven't used ratings since they got bloated with popamole options. The only reaction worth using is a brofist.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Where is that? Midnight Fane?
Yeah.

Like legitimately what other romance is there that you are unable to affect and influence ?
Exactly my point. Having all characters behave the same is boring, having a few that you can mold and shape to your beliefs while others are going to stick to their guns allows everybody to have a character they genuinely enjoy. Some people enjoy partners that challenge them or have very different opinions and viewpoints.
It makes sense that a chaotic evil character has no intention or desire to change, not even for their "love interest". It's a tired old video-game thing that even the most evil companion can change, but a character with conviction and strong beliefs shouldn't work that way. Certainly doesn't work that way in real life. Deal with it, or date someone whose willing to change who they are for you. Personally, I find that incredibly boring.

I think we are running in circles im not arguing that molding them to your desire is realistic or interesting, im arguing that having Romance be as stiff and static as a statue is not good nor enjoyable. Once again as i said having her still be a fucking serial killer and the only thing she changes would be focusing more on less innocent targets but still killing them if she gets her thirst and nothing else is around would be in character while still having reactivity. You seem to believe that basically anything other than absolutely being unable to have two people in relationship influence each other is basically wishfulfilment personality warping you are basically unable to see the degrees. seriously dont be a sith.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On a more pleasant note:

Bunch of simps massively butthurt that the power of muh dick didn't turn a completely psychotic killer into a loving housewife.
Explain me like I'm 5 (but Russian): why is it so necessary to convert a tragic psycho personality into a boring household slave? Is it some kind of puritan fetish based on the fairy tale of Mary Magdalene? What's the point in romancing a mass murderer if s/he stops being a mass murderer? It's better to kill this person and live happily ever after.

I really fail to understand.

P.S.: Yes, I consider discussing love of a CE killer more pleasant than going through patch notes for the game I really love. Come to think of it: there is something in common, huh...

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Ssark first you call me a simp and now you rate my post as begone thot, are you indecisive or im some sort of mystical half-simp half-thot ? seriously dont be a pink eye.
Saark didn't call you a simp nor rated you begone thoth, I did. If you can't even pay attention to this shit, how the fuck you expect anyone to engage you seriously?

Im sorry you just kinda felt bit like two NPCs. like Sosiel and the other one.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
how did you manage deskari in chapter 5 ? He's immune to death, stat drain, pretty much immune to everything , one hit kill everything , minions are also compltelty usless on this as expected. Was there some plot hole or items to make this more manageable ?

He was pretty hard. I believe that using a wall of summons as shield in TB mode while my party attacks him with legendary bows and I with negative eruption to damage him and heal my party while domain of the hungry flesh constant damages him and his locusts was the trick. Minions being complete useless, I disagree. The undead dragon which Lich mythic path gives to you is quite strong.

AAM4GdR.png

please don't mind me:

Yep. Game journalists that can't play IWD:EE in story mode...

JeGl9oa.png

FzABtWN.png

Is "game journalists like" your unique argument?
The undead dragon ? its a weakling dying in one sec , i am sorry. Then i figure what went so wrong with the deskari fight. turns out the lich transformation was not giving any negative energy affinity , so the erupt spell was damaging my char as well.

I was playing as a DHAMPIR and the lich transformation took away my negative energy affinity. As for the undead dragon, cast buffs on him and don't summon only him. The summons aren't to damage the demon, they are to give turns to seve as distraction. Create undead spell can create a lot of undeads which will give like 4 turns if you use a lot of spell slots. This 4 turns, if you are lucky are enough to kill him.

Mortmal

Arcane
how did you manage deskari in chapter 5 ? He's immune to death, stat drain, pretty much immune to everything , one hit kill everything , minions are also compltelty usless on this as expected. Was there some plot hole or items to make this more manageable ?

He was pretty hard. I believe that using a wall of summons as shield in TB mode while my party attacks him with legendary bows and I with negative eruption to damage him and heal my party while domain of the hungry flesh constant damages him and his locusts was the trick. Minions being complete useless, I disagree. The undead dragon which Lich mythic path gives to you is quite strong.

AAM4GdR.png

please don't mind me:

Yep. Game journalists that can't play IWD:EE in story mode...

JeGl9oa.png

FzABtWN.png

Is "game journalists like" your unique argument?
The undead dragon ? its a weakling dying in one sec , i am sorry. Then i figure what went so wrong with the deskari fight. turns out the lich transformation was not giving any negative energy affinity , so the erupt spell was damaging my char as well.

I was playing as a DHAMPIR and the lich transformation took away my negative energy affinity. As for the undead dragon, cast buffs on him and don't summon only him. The summons aren't to damage the demon, they are to give turns to seve as distraction. Create undead spell can create a lot of undeads which will give like 4 turns if you use a lot of spell slots. This 4 turns, if you are lucky are enough to kill him.
When youa re lucky yes, i dont know for you, but playing lich end game wasnt really satisfying.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
im arguing that having Romance be as stiff and static as a statue is not good nor enjoyable
Yeah. That's usually why people break up, unless theres something beyond romance in it for both sides. Which in the case of Camellia, there isn't. Unless youre so horny for that half-elf tail that you keep letting her kill and murder innocent people just so you can tap that ass, then that's your choice. Alternatively you can tell her to cut it out and if she doesn't want to even after everything you've been through, cause shes a spoiled cunt, then you ditch her, or kill her. None of this is "bad writing". It's just not what you would want, but the writing is surprisingly consistent.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I..didn't say any of that, rather I was making fun of that wishful thinking
Well, I was hoping you can enlighten me how people come up with this way of thinking. Never mind, then.
Breaking up of traditional family and clan structures through both direct and indirect government intervention that promoted unhealthy individualism and ultimately resulted in individuals incapable of forming real life relationships and getting attached to figments of imagination. But enough of that before Infinitron splits us into /pol.

It's about Ethics in Shamanism.

Lamiosa

Educated
You said it yourself: Your only way to defeat the demon was waiting and hoping for it fail a single save. That is crap.

Yeah, insane RNG to cast a spell 3 times because it only succeeds on a saving throw roll of 7 or less. What a fucking dogshit game, how dare there be RNG like that in an RPG of all things. You really are fucking retarded if you think that this kind of gameplay is bad design for an RPG. Having encounters put you into a difficult situation and forcing you to overcome it through clever use of scrolls, wands, switching some pieces of equipment or trying out a variety of different spells and strategies to overcome it and increasing the odds to succeed WITHOUT needing massive nat 1s/20 rolls. That's exactly what the game is about, and these mini-bosses so far were well done in that regard. I never had to reload excessively and pray for multiple insane rolls, so maybe you just suck at the game and call it "full RNG" when you're simply not smart enough to overcome the challenges it throws your way. Thankfully you can always play it on Story Mode, although the writing isnt nearly good enough to justify that. The only fun of the game is the combat, so maybe if it's not your cup of tea then you're better off playing a different game.

You seem unreasonably upset.

And again: Having exactly ONE option to damage an enemy AT ALL is bad design.

Level 16 smidolon with dragonkind III from brown-fur transmuter. No spoiler enemy:

image.png

I could have a community cleric for guarded hearth too, but that is for unfair only imo.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When youa re lucky yes, i dont know for you, but playing lich end game wasnt really satisfying.

Honestly I hated the end game of WoTR. Is too bloated. I said many times that I prefer high level in CRPG cuz I associate high level with nwn1 : hotu and nwn2 : motb. But this game is too epic even for me. I mean, Spawn of Rovagug which was a terryfing nightmare in the previous game would be a cakewalk for me at ch 3 of this game.

I had a crazy high DC for my necromantic spells and had to try a lot to damage the demon lord. This boss in particular I believe that I had to try 5 times and honeslty beat him due good rolls not good strategy.

Mauman

Learned
Level 16 smidolon with dragonkind III from brown-fur transmuter. No spoiler enemy:

image.png

I could have a community cleric for guarded hearth too, but that is for unfair only imo.

I really need to figure out how to fit in a skald/bard for my team. It's been painful to be without one.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You said it yourself: Your only way to defeat the demon was waiting and hoping for it fail a single save. That is crap.

Yeah, insane RNG to cast a spell 3 times because it only succeeds on a saving throw roll of 7 or less. What a fucking dogshit game, how dare there be RNG like that in an RPG of all things. You really are fucking retarded if you think that this kind of gameplay is bad design for an RPG. Having encounters put you into a difficult situation and forcing you to overcome it through clever use of scrolls, wands, switching some pieces of equipment or trying out a variety of different spells and strategies to overcome it and increasing the odds to succeed WITHOUT needing massive nat 1s/20 rolls. That's exactly what the game is about, and these mini-bosses so far were well done in that regard. I never had to reload excessively and pray for multiple insane rolls, so maybe you just suck at the game and call it "full RNG" when you're simply not smart enough to overcome the challenges it throws your way. Thankfully you can always play it on Story Mode, although the writing isnt nearly good enough to justify that. The only fun of the game is the combat, so maybe if it's not your cup of tea then you're better off playing a different game.

You seem unreasonably upset.

And again: Having exactly ONE option to damage an enemy AT ALL is bad design.

image.png

Smilos are broken, so...

Rafidur

Learned
Plagued Bear: careful, I can infect you with my bite!

Plague Smilodon right next to it: careful, I can infect you with my 5x +22 40damage-per full attack!

How does brown-fur transmuter work? You run with a bunch of full monks and shift them all?

Sheepherder

Augur
Sage is quite buggy. While it grants arcane bloodline spells and feats past lvl 1, it doesn't grant Arcane Bloodline Arcana (gives you +1 DC when using a metamagic which increases level by at least one). So there's some benefit of getting Arcane bloodline from the mythic feat. But if you do that, it the also grants: second Extra Arcana every time you normally gain it, an extra school specialization or whatever it's called at lvl 15 (the +2 DC feat).
Don't think it's worth it tho. +1 DC and the extra spells are nice tho.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, another seeming bug. If you take lich you can combine your spellbook with a base class, becoming a ridiculous magic god who casts siroccos at level 9. But it seems that if you take a prestige class afterwards that interacts with your spellbook (say loremaster or eldritch knight) having a combined spellbook just completely breaks the prestige class, and it gives you 0 casting progression. So that's a bit shit. I'm probably going to try respecing to see if leveling in a different order helps, but I have this fear that if I respec now I'll just lose access to all my lich spells.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Buildfag combat is excellent but the writing has been PoE-esque so far. Just walls and walls of text, trying to commit to reading all the blabber in-between the 5000 different loading screens and you just doubled the time it takes to clear a zone. The crusader thing was fun for a short while but it's pretty damn barebones. But yeah, didn't really expect it to be HoMM3 exactly but it's getting really boring.
This opinion is excellent, but it doesn't reflect what you said in other threads. Please elaborate further! We would love what you have to say Saravan . We would love to read your eloquence!

CaesarCzech

Scholar
I..didn't say any of that, rather I was making fun of that wishful thinking
Well, I was hoping you can enlighten me how people come up with this way of thinking. Never mind, then.
Breaking up of traditional family and clan structures through both direct and indirect government intervention that promoted unhealthy individualism and ultimately resulted in individuals incapable of forming real life relationships and getting attached to figments of imagination. But enough of that before Infinitron splits us into /pol.

It's about Ethics in Shamanism.

:lol:

Well Blaming nonexistent spirit for your mental disorder is certainly against shaminism ethnical guidelines. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom