Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You'd think the people that went full autismo during the beta might have warned us about the shoddy quality but here we are.
Beta was OK for beta. I see many mprovements in the intrface directed at those who cannot read and need green checkmarks or red crosses to understand. This is all good.

But dropping patches that "set the difficulty to default after reload"... Why?!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I noticed that the build guides in neoseeker were made with that InEffect guy lol, are they TOO munchkin-y or fine?

https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/guides/Builds

Lol.

Their brains are munchkin-sized. Last game they designed for solo play but I’ve heard they’ve discovered group buffs now.

Still way too splash-happy and missing out on a lot of what you can do. OK place to start but the attitude is off-putting since it doesn’t match the level of understanding.

Desiderius

Patron
I noticed that the build guides in neoseeker were made with that InEffect guy lol, are they TOO munchkin-y or fine?

https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/guides/Builds

If it takes monk dip levels it's powergaming in my eyes.

when people talk about the monk dip they are talking about the Sacred Fist CHA to AC right?

Depends on if you want WIS-to-AC or CHR-to-AC. Some people take the splash just for Crane Wing.

It was bad in P:K since it was all defense (actually gives you -2 to hit) and slowed down your class development but it’s way worse in Wrath because it has less item support and the alternatives (actually wearing armor) have better.

For something like Eldritch Scion it can be decent since you’ve got the open hand for Crane Wing and want a lot of CHR. I’m playing Aldori Swordlord where theoretically it would be perfect but I’d rather wear this 9AC Mithril Chain that gives me +4 dam when I’m flanking.

Desiderius

Patron
Now I'm feeling demoralized about finishing the game if that's what I have to look forward to.
I'm telling you: The Plan TM. 9 paths, Chapters 1 to 3. Wait for Owlcat to debug. Beat the game 9 times.

10th time you save it for Trickster, where you know what's going to happen, and you make the best decisions to troll everyone.

Join the The Plan.

Trickster can also give their Generals a Board Game Master feat that gives them passive EXP gain that goes up with level.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
s there any reason to play this thing if it isnt to power game the shit out of it?

Power fantasy. The point of this game is to be a power fantasy where you can be the master of life and death and make people who wronged you obedient undeads.

just kidding. Is interesting how liches are all about powerful necromantic spells and Azatas in other hands, are all about having powerful companions and supporting your companions. The havoc dragon companion can have a caster level of 35 in end game...

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
How do I skip the tavern fight and get all the cool rewards? Last playthrough, I cleared all of Wolfj quest and market square with no resting, still got the fight as normal.

You also need to do Blackwing Library and Tower of Estrod.
All that without resting?

You can rest 1-2 times. Do library last, it teleports you to the inn.
Do I need to not attack them at Estrod or can I murder them all? In order to get the skip tavern fight trigger?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What is the problem with power gaming? Is there any reason to play this thing if it isnt to power game the shit out of it? The first motherfucker that comes talking of "roleplaying" on a game that has a furry in it and half the cast talk like californian girls, I will throw a virtual shoe on his head.

There ought to be a middle ground between faggot walking sim roleplaying and hardcore autismo minmaxing. I don't like having dump stats or 1-class-dips into stuff that thematically doesn't make sense, but that is exactly the way you need to play this on Core it seems.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Throw a virtual shoe at me!
giphy.gif

DeepOcean: Throws shoe at Pink Eye, Pink Eye dodges.
DeepOcean: Throws shoe at Pink Eye, misses.
DeepOCean: Free Action: "I will never let those slav cucks from International Cuckstan United invade the RPGCodex!"
Goddamit Pink Eye, I wish I could catch you flatfooted and we would see where that Dodge AC would be.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I have over 46 hours in the game (somehow, Jesus I didn't think it was that much I barely started). I'm unlikely to get a refund. But fuck these mother fuckers. I have to at least try. Obviously I can't put "As an artwork this is irredeemable. It's pure, unadulterated leftist extremism and faggot degeneracy with nothing interesting to compensate, just a continuous stream of virtue signaling wokeness with no reprieve." as a reason so I focused on the fact it's in beta (at best!) condition. These aren't bugs they're discovering on release. They just didn't bother to finish it, and didn't want to lose sales by calling it early access. Surprise surprise, the game that venerates devil worshippers, homos and furries was made by people with low morals.
qEQIkyr.png

Fuck every cunt who played the beta and posted on the codex. If there was any justice you'd all get the fanboy tag you bunch of dick sucking, fursuit wearing little queers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Throw a virtual shoe at me!
giphy.gif

DeepOcean: Throws shoe at Pink Eye, Pink Eye dodges.
DeepOcean: Throws shoe at Pink Eye, misses.
DeepOCean: Free Action: "I will never let those slav cucks from International Cuckstan United invade the RPGCodex!"
Goddamit Pink Eye, I wish I could catch you flatfooted and we would see where that Dodge AC would be.
Put more in dex you fag. Such an easy enemy and you fucking missed!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do I need to not attack them at Estrod or can I murder them all? In order to get the skip tavern fight trigger?
In order to skip the tavern fight, you have to gather all allies you want, find a way across and tell Irabeth you're good to go.

Even though that seems very appealing, it's arguably better to go through the tavern defense, and then explore the market area for a new round of fights, exp and loot.

Parabalus

Arcane
How do I skip the tavern fight and get all the cool rewards? Last playthrough, I cleared all of Wolfj quest and market square with no resting, still got the fight as normal.

You also need to do Blackwing Library and Tower of Estrod.
All that without resting?

You can rest 1-2 times. Do library last, it teleports you to the inn.

Kill 'em all.

Now I'm feeling demoralized about finishing the game if that's what I have to look forward to.
I'm telling you: The Plan TM. 9 paths, Chapters 1 to 3. Wait for Owlcat to debug. Beat the game 9 times.

10th time you save it for Trickster, where you know what's going to happen, and you make the best decisions to troll everyone.

Join the The Plan.

Trickster can also give their Generals a Board Game Master feat that gives them passive EXP gain that goes up with level.

Competes with Part Time Job which gives you money. The XP gain is super weak too.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
In order to skip the tavern fight, you have to gather all allies you want, find a way across and tell Irabeth you're good to go.

Even though that seems very appealing, it's arguably better to go through the tavern defense, and the explore the market area for a new round of fights, exp and loot.
What do mean the market area new rounds and fights? I already did Tavern defense and I want to skip it this time. I cleared Market and WolfJ quest now I’m at tower and I only rested once, going to get storyteller. I want to know if at the tower if I have to do a specific action or just murder all the demons.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh no need for spoilers,fagz. I already finished the this pile of shit that larps as a game. Also most of the other plebs had gone past the first chapter by now.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Even though that seems very appealing, it's arguably better to go through the tavern defense, and the explore the market area for a new round of fights, exp and loot.
What do mean the market area new rounds and fights? I already did Tavern defense and I want to skip it this time. I cleared Market and WolfJ quest now I’m at tower and I only rested once, going to get storyteller. I want to know if at the tower if I have to do a specific action or just murder all the demons.
You should get the Storyteller before the tavern defense. The wizards you get there help you immensely in the last fight.

Murder. Death. Kill.

frajaq

Erudite
Depends on if you want WIS-to-AC or CHR-to-AC. Some people take the splash just for Crane Wing.

It was bad in P:K since it was all defense (actually gives you -2 to hit) and slowed down your class development but it’s way worse in Wrath because it has less item support and the alternatives (actually wearing armor) have better.

For something like Eldritch Scion it can be decent since you’ve got the open hand for Crane Wing and want a lot of CHR. I’m playing Aldori Swordlord where theoretically it would be perfect but I’d rather wear this 9AC Mithril Chain that gives me +4 dam when I’m flanking.

I'm mostly asking because I'm playing to do an Aeon run with a Quarterstaff Master Monk, and by looking at their class rankings the sub-class seems to be in an OK ranking (worth the 12 levels of it, but after that I wouldn't know where to go from that in my build)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Ahhh no need for spoilers,fagz. I already finished the this pile of shit that larps as a game. Also most of the other plebs had gone past the first chapter by now.
Fanta, how long did your playthrough take you?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You should get the Storyteller before the tavern defense. The wizards you get there help you immensely in the last fight.

Murder. Death. Kill.
Bro, I said I wanted to skip the tavern fight, can you read nigga??

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
What is the problem with power gaming? Is there any reason to play this thing if it isnt to power game the shit out of it? The first motherfucker that comes talking of "roleplaying" on a game that has a furry in it and half the cast talk like californian girls, I will throw a virtual shoe on his head.

There ought to be a middle ground between faggot walking sim roleplaying and hardcore autismo minmaxing. I don't like having dump stats or 1-class-dips into stuff that thematically doesn't make sense, but that is exactly the way you need to play this on Core it seems.

Its ridiculous how even with a zillion classes and all these new abilities the game still has only one primary type of encounter difficulty (stat-bloated melee spam) and the best way to deal with it is still to put crane wing and shatter defenses on every single character. If you want to actually experiment with new content, play on easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom