Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You're excusing bad UI design.
Probably, I am. Then again: the best UI for me is the bash prompt. So either make me Metro Exodus with full ray tracing, or Wrath - or go ADOM or Dwarf Fortress. The graphics of KotC-2 is that horrible uncanny valley.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I play with a Paladin MC and bring with me Seelah (Bard), Sosiel (pure Cleric), Ember (pure Witch), Nenio (Wizard/Loremaster), and Woljif (Rogue/Vivisectionist). Before recruiting Sosiel I had Camellia (pure Shaman). I multiclassed Seelah because I didn't want two Paladins in my party, but her stats are almost identical to those of my MC so everything would be identical with her as a pure Paladin and my MC as a Bard. Woljif is a Vivisectionist because I find the Rogue class a bit boring, but it would work even with him as a pure Rogue or Lann as a pure Zen Archer in his place. I'm still on chapter 2 and, apparently, things get worse in later chapters, but if you people are complaining about the Gray Garrison I can't really trust your opinion on the subject.
You make me consider rerolling the game. My party is apparently not adjusted to Core difficulty well enough.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I have spent half of the summer playing MM Merge (Might and Magic 6+7+8). All of them are unbelievably ugly by modern standards and got paper-thin plot. But those games are still whole worlds filled by quests, cities and dungeons so cool that you never care about a looks.

But KoTC 2 never even feels like a game. It is just... ugly 2D picture with tokens on it. And going from one combat to another with random textbox in between never feels like an actual adventure - because more often then not all your options is like 1-2 combat set pieces to fight and nothing else.

Shame, because original KoTC had all the nice things like a world map, cities, taverns where you can rest, shops where you can buy fucking arrows and almost dozen of different dungeons.

Israfael

Arcane
To me, it's just ages old debate between sandboxy approach (which is in this case is Kangmaker/Wrath) and the gamified approach (whatever the Sensuki 2.0 is playing / praising) - you can have tighter experience at the cost of variety and choice (compare, for example, DOS2 against any classic / bugmaker game). To each his/her/xer own, I guess... There's surprisingly many people who liked when Firaxis dumbed down the X-com franchise and turned it from a shoddy simulator into more fast-paced move+attack board game with no AI at all (which maybe 1% realises). More choices and actions => more dumb your AI would likely to be as it can't compare to a human if a big variety of choice is present.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tips on how to build ember, can I use her as a ray gun with ray spells (ascendant element), or just pure hexer? Her class is confusing me a bit.
For the first few levels, she works wonders as a Slumber/Protective Luck/Evil Eye spammer, especially with Cackle that allows her to use Evil Eye in the first round and keep it up with just a move action. Protective Luck isn't synergic with Cackle, but imposing disadvantage on attacks is just too strong because it's almost as valuable as +4 AC and greatly protects you from critical hits (bringing the chance of a natural 20 from 1/20 to 1/400).

Regarding spells, I focused her on Conjuration (Selective Spells, Spell Focus, and Greater Spell Focus) to use Snowball, Glitterdust, Web, Stinking Cloud, and later Cloudkill and Rift of Ruin, but, honestly, it doesn't sound like a great idea. She has access to very strong buffs (Enlarge/Reduce Person, Heroism, Death Ward, Greater Heroism, Communal True Seeing, Frightful Aspect, Heroic Invocation and Legendary Proportions), but her spells list is a bit weird with a mix of spells I don't usually use. She has one good blast at most spell levels, so that's also a possible route. I'm especially excited to try Wracking Ray, which deals a bit of Strength and Dexterity damage even on a successful save.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I have spent half of the summer playing MM Merge (Might and Magic 6+7+8). All of them are unbelievably ugly by modern standards and got paper-thin plot. But those games are still whole worlds filled by quests, cities and dungeons so cool that you never care about a looks.

But KoTC 2 never even feels like a game. It is just... ugly 2D picture with tokens on it. And going from one combat to another with random textbox in between never feels like an actual adventure - because more often then not all your options is like 1-2 combat set pieces to fight and nothing else.

Shame, because original KoTC had all the nice things like a world map, cities, taverns where you can rest, shops where you can buy fucking arrows and almost dozen of different dungeons.
It's like you're being edgy for the sake of it. That's okay, we can do that.
>KoTC 2 never even feels like a game.
What is your definition of a game, exactly? Chalice 2 features dungeon exploration, combats, party building, riddles, puzzles, etc. How is that different than what Chalice 1 provides? Which, by the way, I replayed the original. It only had three freaking classes. Such fun! Don't even get me started on the silly random encounters too.

Also, Pierre is still developing the game. I do agree you with that 1.0 couldn't even be constituted as a game. I crashed on too many encounters. Bugs galore. It felt unfinished. However, it's still undergoing development.

>It is just... ugly 2D picture with tokens on it.
He's working on 3D graphics now.

>never feels like an actual adventure
Augury of Chaos is mostly a combat module. There's more modules planned. See:
6b65ba54f574e1c243bd7667e2eab461_original.png

>because more often then not all your options is like 1-2 combat set pieces to fight and nothing else.
Again, we go back to the original Chalice. Lich's Tower was comprised of combat set pieces. With a couple of riddles here and there - just like Augury of Chaos. In the same breath, Palace fight with dragons is combat central too. For pete's sake. The very first encounter when you start the game is when you leave the Tower of Knights. How is Augury of Chaos different than the original? Only thing it lacks is the world map and those gay random encounters.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Tips on how to build ember, can I use her as a ray gun with ray spells (ascendant element), or just pure hexer? Her class is confusing me a bit.
For the first few levels, she works wonders as a Slumber/Protective Luck/Evil Eye spammer, especially with Cackle that allows her to use Evil Eye in the first round and keep it up with just a move action. Protective Luck isn't synergic with Cackle, but imposing disadvantage on attacks is just too strong because it's almost as valuable as +4 AC and greatly protects you from critical hits (bringing the chance of a natural 20 from 1/20 to 1/400).

Regarding spells, I focused her on Conjuration (Selective Spells, Spell Focus, and Greater Spell Focus) to use Snowball, Glitterdust, Web, Stinking Cloud, and later Cloudkill and Rift of Ruin, but, honestly, it doesn't sound like a great idea. She has access to very strong buffs (Enlarge/Reduce Person, Heroism, Death Ward, Greater Heroism, Communal True Seeing, Frightful Aspect, Heroic Invocation and Legendary Proportions), but her spells list is a bit weird with a mix of spells I don't usually use. She has one good blast at most spell levels, so that's also a possible route. I'm especially excited to try Wracking Ray, which deals a bit of Strength and Dexterity damage even on a successful save.
What mythic feat did you use? The hex one seems useless so I was just going to go with double spell one, whatever it’s called, I forget..

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

What mythic feat did you use? The hex one seems useless so I was just going to go with double spell one, whatever it’s called, I forget..

Elemental Barrage Mythic Feat. I built her like a Sorceror and she is a fucking murder machine now even with just 4th level spells. With that Elemental Barrage using Snowball, Burning Arc, Lightning Bolt, Ice Storm she is twisting elements to get the 1d6/level bonus on top of the base damage.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Wtf am I supposed to do with sosiel, it seems like STR domain is a good choice but then you’re down 3 wasted feats
:x

This guy is literally retarded

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom