Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So between this one and the first, which is more worthwhile?

I don't think either is particularly better than the other. The first's story is a bit better perhaps, because the First World is far more interesting and whimsical than the demonic realm. (Evil that occurs as a side-effect of immortal ennui is more terrifying than evil that's just plain rage-based or greed-based or whatever. The latter is familiar, it's what we do plus powers and horns; the former is eldritch beyond our ken.) But the gameplay is arguably a bit smoother in this.

Both are enjoyable, sometimes very enjoyable, although somewhat clunky. Both are pozzed to fuck, but actually quite well written in parts.

I'd agree with what someone said above though: this one's a bit undercooked, although it's not in as bad a state as the first game was on release, by all accouints (I can't say from personal experience as I only caught up with PFK after a couple of years, by which time it was all pretty smooth). Both are quite remarkable achievements - big, epic, sprawling things, with all the rough-hewn beauty of baubles adorning a barbarian princess. There's none of the febrile precision of PoE/Deadfire.

They're much more the true inheritors of the "Baldur's Gate brought up to date" mantle than anything else around though, that's for sure - mainly because the systems are more similar to the BG systems than either the Pillows games or the recent 5e games, but also because they're proper big epic stories with some memorable characters.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Sosiel's accent is nog-lite enough that you could get away with having a different pic for him. Seelah's is too strong to have anything else though, unfortunately. I'm tempted to replace all her dialogue with gagged "mmmffff"s (I seem to recall a game a while ago that had one of the characters be gagged for a while, you could lift the audio from that :) ). Of if you want to keep the dialogue (as it were, a skeleton at the feast) you could have a pic that goes the other way - have her be a real suitcase-handle-lipped Aunt Jemima looking motherfucker, or like one of those problematic frizzy-haired gender studies mulattos.

FriendlyMerchant

Wtf am I supposed to do with sosiel, it seems like STR domain is a good choice but then you’re down 3 wasted feats
:x

This guy is literally retarded
Yes. The oogabooga cleric is retarded. Did I mention he's gay too? You're just supposed to put everything into WIS for him and get all the feats that push up your casting power and then have him use the high level cleric spells. That seems to be what's intended. But it's too bad, according to some steam posts, those feats don't work.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The midnight isle is cool for a while, but gets annoying really quick when you try to walk around the city but it requires you to adjust your camera angle every time.

Percy

Cipher
You put sosiel behind your tanks with Archons aura and hit stuff with your glaive after buffing your party.
You also occasionally heal
I gave him two impossible domains though for a doggo and guarded hearth

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
WOW, the scroll merchant doesn’t have that ice hex ring, freaking hell

man, that’s such bs, I was planning on buying it to because cameila is my tank

Last edited:

Percy

Cipher
WOW, the scroll merchant doesn’t have that ice hex ring, freaking hell

man, that’s such bs, I was planning on buying it to because cameila is my tank

Yeah you may be out of luck, think you can only get it from the cleric in defenders heart.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why aren't you playing Wraith Pink Eye? Waiting for some patching?
She wants to play with my wrath of the righteous,no need for patching,only some leg pics needed.
>She
%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%85-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%91%D1%82%D1%8C%D1%81%D1%8F.gif
Fuck off nigga,it is the internet,it is what i want it to be. :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I honestly prefer the crusader system over the kingdom management one
Have you reached chapter 3 at least? Because you are getting BOTH.
:stunned:
Crusader system is pretty shit. I had lost like 5 people in total lol. Just get a few types of archers and one shit the dangerous enemies. When you update your military you have to choose the type of units you will get,go for the champions,and then go for snipers/marksmen,also make sure you buy all the huntsmen mercenary. After that it is pretty easy. Get a few hundreds of marksmen and huntsmen and you will have victory.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I just got Regill in my party, he is interesting but build is terrible. Too much Dex, terrible feats, focus on exotic weapon.. wtf
I might need to respec him.

Please just try to make him work one playthrough before doing this. Some of it is dependent on equipment yes but the whole thing does come together beautifully. Do what you need to to Fight Reduced without being encumbered (and make sure to keep Crusader’s Edge up) and you’ll be very happy.
Only if someone can tell me he gets some ability later that turns his Dex into damage...

You certainly can but it’s unnecessary. He gets most of his damage from Force, Holy, and Divine and big crits.

First time I played him I went Power Attack and Cornugan into Shatter and Dreadful which is very solid but haven’t even bothered lately because he generates so much with Leading Strike and Crusader’s edge. There are Bracers that increase Off Hand and Gloves that are Dueling Gloves with an added bonus.

Being able to fight Reduced gives you +2 to hit and +2 to AC so it’s like a Crane splash without losing a level. You wear Mithril Full and with the Armor Training end up with 6 or 7 DEX bonus and 40 base speed.

He also has a +2/+2 favorite meal. He has a scaling AoE Morale bonus to hit/dam/and AC 1 min 3 uses which is a lot in thus setting. The AC is rare. He can now choose a Domain with one of the Disciplines which unlocks Impossible Domain Mythic which lets you choose any Domain in the game.

Desiderius

Patron
Change of meds? Anyhow core gameplay is pretty much the same as in pfk what changed is uh.... This crusader thingy tackled on top of it Wich is... uh... I would rather avoid, I kinda liked pfk kingdom management though it was okayish loop.
I honestly prefer the crusader system over the kingdom management one, although that's no high praise given that both are superfluous and only detract from the RPG experience.

I really wish that devs would stop tackling such gimmicky mechanics just for the sake of it, you either go full hybrid for better or worse (e.g. the Spellforce series as a mix between RTS and RPG) or you stick to RPG mechanics.

It’s not in fact gimmicky. I’ve got my three armies for the three different generals just like HoMM. There’s a lot here.

You’re just seeing suck because you expected to. It’s solid.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Change of meds? Anyhow core gameplay is pretty much the same as in pfk what changed is uh.... This crusader thingy tackled on top of it Wich is... uh... I would rather avoid, I kinda liked pfk kingdom management though it was okayish loop.
I honestly prefer the crusader system over the kingdom management one, although that's no high praise given that both are superfluous and only detract from the RPG experience.

I really wish that devs would stop tackling such gimmicky mechanics just for the sake of it, you either go full hybrid for better or worse (e.g. the Spellforce series as a mix between RTS and RPG) or you stick to RPG mechanics.

It’s not in fact gimmicky. I’ve got my three armies for the three different generals just like HoMM. There’s a lot here.

You’re just seeing suck because you expected to. It’s solid.
upload_2021-9-12_0-8-5.png

Desiderius

Patron
You put sosiel behind your tanks with Archons aura and hit stuff with your glaive after buffing your party.
You also occasionally heal
I gave him two impossible domains though for a doggo and guarded hearth

Domain Mastery lets you use the ones he comes with as Swift Actions. For instance the Second Luck one gives you several rounds of Advantage (good with Dispel, Greater) and the first one you can throw on your best damage dealer once you're done with your turn or use Touch of Good to hit really hard bosses.

Doggos clog up your lines of attack. You can get one for free with an item but often not worth it.

Both Community abilities are great in this setting since you get more rest and have some very hard fights but kind of redundant with Touch of Good.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Sosiel's accent is nog-lite enough that you could get away with having a different pic for him. Seelah's is too strong to have anything else though, unfortunately. I'm tempted to replace all her dialogue with gagged "mmmffff"s (I seem to recall a game a while ago that had one of the characters be gagged for a while, you could lift the audio from that :) ). Of if you want to keep the dialogue (as it were, a skeleton at the feast) you could have a pic that goes the other way - have her be a real suitcase-handle-lipped Aunt Jemima looking motherfucker, or like one of those problematic frizzy-haired gender studies mulattos.

Or, you know, kick Seelah and make yourself a merc.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I have all this cool heavy armor & shields but no one to use it..
:negative:

Made Seelah into a two handed cleaver.

Zeriel

Arcane

All the Shelyn characters in these games so far are so ridiculous I want to start a Shelyn-specific genocide. Him being a nog really comes way down the list of problems with his brain.

Desiderius

Patron
Some highlights, will start with Reg. A couple of these are unbuffed or just long buffs to illustrate the value of Fighters (MC is Aldori Swordlord) functioning well with less buffs.

Reg12 Leading Strike vs Shadow.jpg

This is the Mythic ability Leading Strike. If you've got Lann or Aru or preferably both you want someone loading up their targets with Leading Strikes and Reg is about the best. Not sure why this one added the +14. Note that much of the other damage in this log is half normal because fighting Shadow Demon. But not the Force and Divine and Holy that Reg generates.

REg 12 crit on kiranda.jpg

This fight can be tricky since he starts off by himself (He's what all the red arrows are pointing to), but Fighter can take care of himself. The second +2 enchancement is from Crusader's Edge. Helps to pick up the lucky crit of course. Hammer is x3 on front end (bludgeoning, which matters with the RElic belt that debuffs AC and makes things vulnerable to Bludge) but x4 on the back.

reg11 on Omox.jpg

This is an Omox we aggroed accidently with only long buffs up. Handled reasonably readily.

REg speed background.jpg

A big problem in Alpha was his speed. They fixed that by double counting his racial heritage bonus. Note you don't get full amount until you hit second Armor Training. Don't think HK originally had the Armor Training but that was one of the recommendations we gave them. Does not continue Weapon Training tho. Now gets two skill pts per level instead of one in Beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom