Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Didn't imply otherwise.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah they are so tactical that you literally can't chose your party's positions when combat starts and all your 6-8 characters randomly shuffled in 1-2 rows every time when fight begins. So all enemy melee have direct access access to your wizards.

Wizards who do not know how to cast Mirror Image out of combat because pre-buffing is not tactical.

• Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Does that give anything else in addition to dex to damage? Because if not I would waste 2 feats and mythic feat when I can just put more points into strenght...

^ Top  
  4. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    This is false. You can configure party formation. See:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

It's only in highly specific encounters where formations get shuffled, and that's because enemies spawn on top of you.
    >Wizards who do not know how to cast Mirror Image out of combat because pre-buffing is not tactical.
    This is false. You can prebuff:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Can cast the spells during combat too, if you so desire.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    In the Gray Garrison, I had to reload once against the two babau who patrol the corridor because they critted three times in a row, once against the final minotaur because he killed one of my guys and I couldn't be bothered to resurrect him, and once against the room full of monsters with the big table in the middle because I brainfarted and mistargeted a key spell. I also reloaded during another fight because of a bug, so I don't think it counts. I think that three reloads in an entire dungeon are perfectly fine, especially at relatively low levels where a single bad roll can instantly destroy you. Maybe I had a very strong party, but it was far from optimal (Nenio basically was a deadweight).

I don't think I've dealt with the gargoyles during Regill's quest because I just recruited him and I haven't played any further. So, unless you're talking about the gargoyles you fight in the cave where you recruit him, I can't say anything. And, if you're talking about that encounter, I can't possibly understand what's problematic about it. By that point, you have access to Displacement, Haste, and Archon's Aura, those poor guys don't stand a chance. I ended that fight with everyone but Seelah and Sosiel unscathed.

I play with a Paladin MC and bring with me Seelah (Bard), Sosiel (pure Cleric), Ember (pure Witch), Nenio (Wizard/Loremaster), and Woljif (Rogue/Vivisectionist). Before recruiting Sosiel I had Camellia (pure Shaman). I multiclassed Seelah because I didn't want two Paladins in my party, but her stats are almost identical to those of my MC so everything would be identical with her as a pure Paladin and my MC as a Bard. Woljif is a Vivisectionist because I find the Rogue class a bit boring, but it would work even with him as a pure Rogue or Lann as a pure Zen Archer in his place. I'm still on chapter 2 and, apparently, things get worse in later chapters, but if you people are complaining about the Gray Garrison I can't really trust your opinion on the subject.

What the fuck, dude... a dozen tries? I can wholeheartedly assure you that you were probably doing something wrong. What spells and feats were you relying on in that dungeon? With Nenio's Grease and Glitterdust, Camellia's and Ember's Slumber/Protective Luck hexes, and my MC's Cleave/Cleaving Finish, 95% of the encounters were a joke and even the serious ones weren't even remotely "12 retries" hard.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No, just that.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Well it is possible some of this shite was fixed since my last attempt to play KotC 2. That ended way too early because Pierre added a prologue village but forgot to properly check the trigger for bandit attack that is necessary to get into ch1.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    you need to rest in the inn and then speak to the guard commander in the tower to trigger it. It's botched i already asked to add it in the conversation.

^ Top  
  9. Darkwind Savant Patron

Darkwind
    Strap Yourselves In
    Rather unfortunate however that the game is utter dogshit in nearly every other way. The obsession with this game would be puzzling to me on the Codex if I didn't realize that so many of you are older than Joe Biden. It is basically a browser based token driven game. Roll20 without the fun of multiplayer and the virtual tabletop experience that goes along with it. The perfect game for a 75 year old neckbeard grognard basically. Jagged Alliance 2 is the best game ever made too according to the old guy here (Lilura?) that LARPs as a female... *shrug*

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Or hipsters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    ^ Top  
  12. TheEntitledOne Arcane

TheEntitledOne
    Is it me or are there toons of invisible enemies that you can't detect with See Invisibility? or are they just teleporting (Drezen)?

^ Top  
  13. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    K'. That is a very lousy opinion to have.

^ Top  
  14. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    I thought everyone on here was a 75 year old grognard who loves those types of games ?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    They are "jumblled up", because a player is supposed to look at them, decide what is important for any particular character, then drag and drop them on the hotbar and / or on the action bar on the right. And then all the shortcuts for this particular actions are available. And even better: if the most freauently used actions for every character are assigned to the same slots on the panels, then the same keyboard shortcut uses this most frequently used option for every character whatever character it is.

I very much prefer this approach to something that was prepared for me by a UI designer. Usually, they do not understand what I want. So cudos to Owlcat Games to not even trying.

I cannot comment the rest, because it looks like the matter of tastes to me. Sorry if I'm wrong.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Unfortunately, for this I have only one argument: KotC-2 is so visually old and ugly that I am afraid I would find a conscription notice in my mailbox if I play it long enough. Call it a psychological trauma.

• Funny x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Equip the Ring x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    It's over, bro.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Lann. I like ya. I really do. But:
    You're excusing bad UI design. Speaking of which. This gives me an opportunity to revisit Chalice 2 yet again. Pierre implemented a quickbar feature:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  19. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Probably, I am. Then again: the best UI for me is the bash prompt. So either make me Metro Exodus with full ray tracing, or Wrath - or go ADOM or Dwarf Fortress. The graphics of KotC-2 is that horrible uncanny valley.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Never change Lann. Your dedication to this forum persona impresses me.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. frajaq Liturgist

frajaq
    Bringing Ember to talk to Nocticula is 10/10 content, well done Owlcat

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Well yeah, that tends to happen when you're too drunk to stand up straight for like 20 hours a day on any day of the week that ends in "day". :lol:

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You make me consider rerolling the game. My party is apparently not adjusted to Core difficulty well enough.

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Well, I have spent half of the summer playing MM Merge (Might and Magic 6+7+8). All of them are unbelievably ugly by modern standards and got paper-thin plot. But those games are still whole worlds filled by quests, cities and dungeons so cool that you never care about a looks.

But KoTC 2 never even feels like a game. It is just... ugly 2D picture with tokens on it. And going from one combat to another with random textbox in between never feels like an actual adventure - because more often then not all your options is like 1-2 combat set pieces to fight and nothing else.

Shame, because original KoTC had all the nice things like a world map, cities, taverns where you can rest, shops where you can buy fucking arrows and almost dozen of different dungeons.

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 4
    • Fishy x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Israfael Arcane

Israfael
    To me, it's just ages old debate between sandboxy approach (which is in this case is Kangmaker/Wrath) and the gamified approach (whatever the Sensuki 2.0 is playing / praising) - you can have tighter experience at the cost of variety and choice (compare, for example, DOS2 against any classic / bugmaker game). To each his/her/xer own, I guess... There's surprisingly many people who liked when Firaxis dumbed down the X-com franchise and turned it from a shoddy simulator into more fast-paced move+attack board game with no AI at all (which maybe 1% realises). More choices and actions => more dumb your AI would likely to be as it can't compare to a human if a big variety of choice is present.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.