Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
He also has a +2/+2 favorite meal. He has a scaling AoE Morale bonus to hit/dam/and AC 1 min 3 uses which is a lot in thus setting. The AC is rare. He can now choose a Domain with one of the Disciplines which unlocks Impossible Domain Mythic which lets you choose any Domain in the game.

Have you been able to do this for real and not in theory? I have got Domain from Hellknight feat on Regill but Impossible Domain Mythic is still unavailable.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Is there a lunge feat? I saw it mentioned a couple of times, even listed on the wikis but I can't find it anywhere in-game.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ancestors Second Mystery on Daeran:

Daeran11 Second Mystery Ancestors.jpg

Check out the range.

Ald11 good touch.jpg

Rare failed Stealth check and tough ambush. Very nice to have 24 Touch AC unbuffed.

ESL Relic.jpg

Pretty sure the second part happens to whoever attacks you, but something lost here in translation. I like the +10 Nature Lore instead.

Ald11 Blinding Crit.jpg

Getting what I deserve for ragging on Blinding Crit. Sure enough this was wipe. Didn't help that Aru forgot to switch back to her Bow.

Sinew blank ability.jpg

Second try was mowing him down just like in Beta when this blank ability triggered. 30 DC Fear AoE. Ended up Epic fight as he chased everyone around the screen and skinned alive anyone who triggered an AoO.

Ald11 Rupture Restraints.jpg

MC Aldori Defender5/Swordlord6 hung in there thanks to Rupture Restraints Mythic ability.

Ald11 Sinew tank.jpg

Again took a couple lumps before stabilizing, including a nat 20/20 that dodge the Swordlord Fortification as well.

Ald11 Sinew tank.jpg

Cheated on the Vestment. Supposed to be for Daeran alone since he's using Ancestor Spirit Shield. First time I've actually tanked this guy tho, or needed to. Obv bring Seelah next time for Fear Immunity.

SHLann11 pumping lead into Sinew.jpg
Everyone else had already fled but Lann was mowing him down until... He failed his too. Eventually remembered that I picked up Remove Fear on him so cast it on Nenio who burned him down with Burning Arc. After the fight Daeran had to read a Restoration Scroll to get his Skin back (removing Stagger) so that he could cast the Full round Restorations on the other guys who got got by the big Ecorche. Classic, classic fight.

Desiderius

Patron
He also has a +2/+2 favorite meal. He has a scaling AoE Morale bonus to hit/dam/and AC 1 min 3 uses which is a lot in thus setting. The AC is rare. He can now choose a Domain with one of the Disciplines which unlocks Impossible Domain Mythic which lets you choose any Domain in the game.

Have you been able to do this for real and not in theory? I have got Domain from Hellknight feat on Regill but Impossible Domain Mythic is still unavailable.

No I picked up Domain (Law) after Drezen (first got the Smite Chaos Slow that may not be working either). Everything else works.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I play with a Paladin MC and bring with me Seelah (Bard), Sosiel (pure Cleric), Ember (pure Witch), Nenio (Wizard/Loremaster), and Woljif (Rogue/Vivisectionist). Before recruiting Sosiel I had Camellia (pure Shaman). I multiclassed Seelah because I didn't want two Paladins in my party, but her stats are almost identical to those of my MC so everything would be identical with her as a pure Paladin and my MC as a Bard. Woljif is a Vivisectionist because I find the Rogue class a bit boring, but it would work even with him as a pure Rogue or Lann as a pure Zen Archer in his place. I'm still on chapter 2 and, apparently, things get worse in later chapters, but if you people are complaining about the Gray Garrison I can't really trust your opinion on the subject.
You make me consider rerolling the game. My party is apparently not adjusted to Core difficulty well enough.

I played as a traditional monk and didn't reroll anything and I died once in the gray garrison before the final boss bugged out. I don't think the issue is your party unless you rerolled your companions in really stupid ways.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Would be hard to pick the feats from vampire which are already in game, create a script which automatically gives it to the player if a “potion of ancient vampire blood” is consumed? so the player can become a vampire by drinking that potion? Refusing the ritual with Zacharius should give the opportunity to kill him and get that potion inside his corpse.

I'm quite serious in making this mod but have no experience modding. Was reading a bit the source code of the toy box in guthub but din't understood exactly how to do it. Anyone here has experience with modding? I wanna be a vampire, not a lich.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's what legend should do - fuck goddesses and kill demon lords. And then go somewhere else, because Golarion is boring. Why be a god in such boring place? That's what i was hoping for.

You know, that would be the most amazing ending ever for a Paizo product.

Now that I have attained divinity and conquered my greatest foes, I have come to realize the ultimate truth. Fuck this place, it sucks! I'm out of here! *Planar Gate to Warhammer Fantasy's Old World*

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is there a list somewhere of what general abilities work and don't work? It feels a bit like playing russian roulette when picking skills on levelup.

Desiderius

Patron
Is there a list somewhere of what general abilities work and don't work? It feels a bit like playing russian roulette when picking skills on levelup.

If you want to be totally safe stick with stuff from P:K. But I haven't run into anything gamebreaking on my MC, Companions, or the HoMM stuff. It's in better shape than I thought it would be. Mostly missing stuff more than bugged I think.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I play with a Paladin MC and bring with me Seelah (Bard), Sosiel (pure Cleric), Ember (pure Witch), Nenio (Wizard/Loremaster), and Woljif (Rogue/Vivisectionist). Before recruiting Sosiel I had Camellia (pure Shaman). I multiclassed Seelah because I didn't want two Paladins in my party, but her stats are almost identical to those of my MC so everything would be identical with her as a pure Paladin and my MC as a Bard. Woljif is a Vivisectionist because I find the Rogue class a bit boring, but it would work even with him as a pure Rogue or Lann as a pure Zen Archer in his place. I'm still on chapter 2 and, apparently, things get worse in later chapters, but if you people are complaining about the Gray Garrison I can't really trust your opinion on the subject.
You make me consider rerolling the game. My party is apparently not adjusted to Core difficulty well enough.

I played as a traditional monk and didn't reroll anything and I died once in the gray garrison before the final boss bugged out. I don't think the issue is your party unless you rerolled your companions in really stupid ways.
Could be a wrong composition and spell choices for the cave gargoyles combat. Physical damage works best against them. They are immune to most crowd control, except Slumber/Sleep - Pit, Web, Grease and Entangle all don't work. But even when Slumber works, you don't have time to Coup de Grace them because those moronic knights go in and punch or hit them with arrows which wakes them up :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tips on how to build ember, can I use her as a ray gun with ray spells (ascendant element), or just pure hexer? Her class is confusing me a bit.
For the first few levels, she works wonders as a Slumber/Protective Luck/Evil Eye spammer, especially with Cackle that allows her to use Evil Eye in the first round and keep it up with just a move action. Protective Luck isn't synergic with Cackle, but imposing disadvantage on attacks is just too strong because it's almost as valuable as +4 AC and greatly protects you from critical hits (bringing the chance of a natural 20 from 1/20 to 1/400).

Regarding spells, I focused her on Conjuration (Selective Spells, Spell Focus, and Greater Spell Focus) to use Snowball, Glitterdust, Web, Stinking Cloud, and later Cloudkill and Rift of Ruin, but, honestly, it doesn't sound like a great idea. She has access to very strong buffs (Enlarge/Reduce Person, Heroism, Death Ward, Greater Heroism, Communal True Seeing, Frightful Aspect, Heroic Invocation and Legendary Proportions), but her spells list is a bit weird with a mix of spells I don't usually use. She has one good blast at most spell levels, so that's also a possible route. I'm especially excited to try Wracking Ray, which deals a bit of Strength and Dexterity damage even on a successful save.
Slumber itself wrecks most encounters and then she also has web and healing spells

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just got Regill in my party, he is interesting but build is terrible. Too much Dex, terrible feats, focus on exotic weapon.. wtf
I might need to respec him.

Please just try to make him work one playthrough before doing this. Some of it is dependent on equipment yes but the whole thing does come together beautifully. Do what you need to to Fight Reduced without being encumbered (and make sure to keep Crusader’s Edge up) and you’ll be very happy.
Only if someone can tell me he gets some ability later that turns his Dex into damage...

You certainly can but it’s unnecessary. He gets most of his damage from Force, Holy, and Divine and big crits.

First time I played him I went Power Attack and Cornugan into Shatter and Dreadful which is very solid but haven’t even bothered lately because he generates so much with Leading Strike and Crusader’s edge. There are Bracers that increase Off Hand and Gloves that are Dueling Gloves with an added bonus.

Being able to fight Reduced gives you +2 to hit and +2 to AC so it’s like a Crane splash without losing a level. You wear Mithril Full and with the Armor Training end up with 6 or 7 DEX bonus and 40 base speed.

Even with that he has one feat extra that is useless, fighter finess...

ArchAngel

Arcane

Could be a wrong composition and spell choices for the cave gargoyles combat. Physical damage works best against them. They are immune to most crowd control, except Slumber/Sleep - Pit, Web, Grease and Entangle all don't work. But even when Slumber works, you don't have time to Coup de Grace them because those moronic knights go in and punch or hit them with arrows which wakes them up :D
Stinking cloud works.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Change of meds? Anyhow core gameplay is pretty much the same as in pfk what changed is uh.... This crusader thingy tackled on top of it Wich is... uh... I would rather avoid, I kinda liked pfk kingdom management though it was okayish loop.
I honestly prefer the crusader system over the kingdom management one, although that's no high praise given that both are superfluous and only detract from the RPG experience.

I really wish that devs would stop tackling such gimmicky mechanics just for the sake of it, you either go full hybrid for better or worse (e.g. the Spellforce series as a mix between RTS and RPG) or you stick to RPG mechanics.

It’s not in fact gimmicky. I’ve got my three armies for the three different generals just like HoMM. There’s a lot here.

You’re just seeing suck because you expected to. It’s solid.
And that's why you shouldn't care about what Desiderius saying. Path to victory is one caster general with mass archers army.

Parabalus

Arcane
Change of meds? Anyhow core gameplay is pretty much the same as in pfk what changed is uh.... This crusader thingy tackled on top of it Wich is... uh... I would rather avoid, I kinda liked pfk kingdom management though it was okayish loop.
I honestly prefer the crusader system over the kingdom management one, although that's no high praise given that both are superfluous and only detract from the RPG experience.

I really wish that devs would stop tackling such gimmicky mechanics just for the sake of it, you either go full hybrid for better or worse (e.g. the Spellforce series as a mix between RTS and RPG) or you stick to RPG mechanics.

It’s not in fact gimmicky. I’ve got my three armies for the three different generals just like HoMM. There’s a lot here.

And that's why you shouldn't care about what Desiderius saying. Path to victory is one caster general with mass archers army.

Archers often get one-shot by enemies, something tanky is better.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Stack of hellknights. Then even if you lose your marksmen from 1-shot you can kill enemy army with spells and resurrect everyone in the infirmary.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Only if you don't buff then properly. Except in unfair. I played a bit on unfair and downgraded to hard exactly cuz my archers was not hitting anything and was getting killed too much.

For tanking, at least in hard, animal companions are great, so when they die, a rest resurrect then, you don't need expensive reagents(diamond) or scrolls to bring then back.

For crusade, might wizard general + archers is the best.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Only if you don't buff then properly. Except in unfair. I played a bit on unfair and downgraded to hard exactly cuz my archers was not hitting anything and was getting killed too much.

For ranking, at least in hard, animal companions are great, so when they die, a rest resurrect then, you don't need expensive reagents(diamond) or scrolls to bring then back.
Nigger, we are talking about crusade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom