Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ghouls are bugged in army combat. They paralyze your units every turn because your units need to pass 4 paralyze saves LOL...

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I’m at swarms AwesomeButton rn, on a playthrough with a Druid, I’m just rushing them and healing, it’s working out so far LOL
I'm thinking haste and barkskin may be the best buff.
I realized that my mastodon with 38AC is being attacked by my teammates so no one can do any damage and he’s tanking for others when confused, LOL
I just had confused Daeran kill my MC who was knocked out. Ask him to hit anything when not confused, the dumbfuck.
Well, it took embarrassing amount of time for me to figure out how the fuck Ember got a second curse - Powerless Prophecy.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
This is a Demon:
I'm playing a spellcaster, and choices for demons are very limited there. Brimorak/Incubus and Succubus as Minor work fine, but major and demon lord options are very weak. Not getting any benefits besides the +2 DC during rage is really underwhelming, especially when comparing it to other Paths. Major is fine for the defensive utility of Shadow Demon or Coloxus allowing 2 spells per turn. But the Demon Lord powers suck ass, and at the end of the day you can still only use it twice per rest, and outside of boss fights the demon path just doesn't do anything for the majority of the fights, and even then it requires Mythic Rank 7. No idea why you dont get to use rage a number of times per day per mythic rank+1.

Not getting a minor aspect at 3 is also garbage.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun Bug:

If you Vital Strike and trigger Cleaving Finish, it Cleaves the Vital strike instead of a regular attack.

With an enlarged reach weapon you do 1k a pop to everyone around.
This will be fixed immediately.
"Daeran attacks Seelah with Cure Serious Wounds. Miss" Concealment miss chance 20%, roll: 6 - failed. :lol:
6months from now:

Owlcat Coder 1: "Wasn't there a bug with Daeran's healing?"
Owlcat Coder 2: "I've no idea what you're talking about."
Owlcat Coder 1: "Oh hey, another fun bug was found. Wanna get to it?"
Owlcat Coder 2: "Sure, just lemme finish my vodka."

cw8

Cipher
Liberating Drezen atm. A good epic city dungeon, feels like invading Costantinople. Is Blightmaw accessible after you complete the events over there?

Reinhardt

Arcane
The more i play the more i like hellknights. They understand war and what warrior need. Just look at their shop. Helmet - bonus ac, armor - bonus dr, hammer - higher base damage and better crit profile. Simple, good, effective.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Nah, but you can backtrack after you get to choose your Mythic Path, so if the fight is too tough, getting Mythic Rank 3 and choosing one of the main-paths might make the fight a lot easier.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
The more i play the more i like hellknights. They understand war and what warrior need. Just look at their shop. Helmet - bonus ac, armor - bonus dr, hammer - higher base damage and better crit profile. Simple, good, effective.
They sell helmets????

Ugh, I haven’t even gotten to Drezen yet..

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol they upped the difficulty of Wintersun. Love it.

Can actually use anti-animal/plant abilities for once.

Mortmal

Arcane
Fun Bug:

If you Vital Strike and trigger Cleaving Finish, it Cleaves the Vital strike instead of a regular attack.

With an enlarged reach weapon you do 1k a pop to everyone around.
This will be fixed immediately.
"Daeran attacks Seelah with Cure Serious Wounds. Miss" Concealment miss chance 20%, roll: 6 - failed. :lol:
6months from now:

Owlcat Coder 1: "Wasn't there a bug with Daeran's healing?"
Owlcat Coder 2: "I've no idea what you're talking about."
Owlcat Coder 1: "Oh hey, another fun bug was found. Wanna get to it?"
Owlcat Coder 2: "Sure, just lemme finish my vodka."
Depends on the console release date, they have no respect for us we beta test their shit for free for the upcoming console version.

Thonius

Arcane
And all the while, my PC's fans are adding to the sound of the vescavor cloud.

You really need ascended element to wack them... there is also bug crusher/chaser weapon in the camp...
Yeah, the thing about this "Core" difficulty is that you really have to use foreknowledge - what spells to prepare, what party composition and what equipment to have, and in the end if you do everything right, hope RNG doesn't fuck you.
Nuh not really, or at least partially true. From the get-go it's pretty obvious that demons are for example immune to poison and electricity.

Desiderius

Patron

You really need ascended element to wack them... there is also bug crusher/chaser weapon in the camp...
Yeah, the thing about this "Core" difficulty is that you really have to use foreknowledge - what spells to prepare, what party composition and what equipment to have, and in the end if you do everything right, hope RNG doesn't fuck you.

If you have someone who can channel heal they really shouldn’t be an issue. In every other case you can scout and return. Once you kill Queen camp is close by.

Desiderius

Patron
Always want access to:

Resist Fire (might as well make some Fireball Scrolls to go along with)
Crusader’s Edge
Death Ward

Preferably a Channeler

Thonius

Arcane
The only things I regret so far
1) MC is not bard or Seelah is not made bard, or just any bard in the party really.
2) No dwarf priest.. my party is rather weak in the buffs department.
3) Need extra char with high perception so far my spotters are Wendy and Horsey with 16 and 14 and I'm storming Drezen.
Oh and it kinda sucks that magus can choose an only a horse, I could've go with halfling/dworf on a dog or other smaller mount. Magus arcane pool and enchantments affecting horse = rip demons.

Desiderius

Patron
Hard is the Meta difficulty.

Unfair takes specific party comps and tactics.

Mortmal

Arcane

Set screen refresh to 60hz and force v sync on radeon or nvidia tool.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

If you have someone who can channel heal they really shouldn’t be an issue. In every other case you can scout and return. Once you kill Queen camp is close by.
I do have Daeran and I do heal with him. My will saves on my tanks are rather shit though.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Set screen refresh to 60hz and force v sync on radeon or nvidia tool.
I've done that. Here is the temperature, with prestigeous Arcanum skin:

upload_2021-9-12_20-11-24.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game tells you piercing and slashing is halved, but never tells you blunt works normally.
Well, I don't know your experience with software development, but usually exceptions require explicit documentation whereas normal, "default" behaviour does not. Of course, then the question is "what is default", but in your case it seems to be clear: "piercing and slashing is halved, the rest is unaffected".

Desiderius

Patron
Aru and Wolj get Perception per lvl/2 and so does Lann Sacred Huntmaster or Urban Hunter. His fav meal is also Perception.

Clerics aren’t the main buffers other than themselves and Edge. Shield of Faith is ok and of course Prayer helps as well.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The game tells you piercing and slashing is halved, but never tells you blunt works normally.
Well, I don't know your experience with software development, but usually exceptions require explicit documentation whereas normal, "default" behaviour does not. Of course, then the question is "what is default", but in your case it seems to be clear: "piercing and slashing is halved, the rest is unaffected".
My experience with software development dates back quite a while, but that's not the point. I just never thought about switching weapons for swarms specifically.

It's worth noting that I haven't encountered the advice to use blunt weapons anywhere I've looked when people have been complaining about swarms :)

purupuru

Learned
BTW, on Core, there is an initial attack by 3 swarms, then at least two more pairs appear, for a total of 7. Because hardcore!
Yeah that's like "the wrong route". They want you to go straight north to the queen as fast as possible. Since looting kills your troop, unless you really want the loot there is little point in exploring the place before you kill the queen.

FriendlyMerchant

On that note, any way for 24h Haste without Lich?
If you can get the haste to last more than 5 minutes with extends and whatever else you can think of, you might be able to use the mythic feats to get it to last 24 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom