Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wish I could see an alternate universe version of this thread where this game was made by canadians just to see how codexers would react to it

I wish I could see an alternate universe version of this thread, where the lesbian couple wasn't included in the game and all romances are straight, and thanks to that simple change all other problems the game has don't matter, it's an instant classic and all current hardcore wokefinder haters instead are slurping that Russian dick and loving the game, because it's muh based no-sjw Slav RPG saving the world from degenerates.
"nooo you can't just hate the game because it has bad writing!"
that's where you're wrong, kiddo
Rusty, you like Larian games.

Fucking Larian games.

frajaq

Erudite
Gentlemen, I need advice. I'm in chapter one. I got about 7 companions, and I don't like any of them. They are repelling and annoying. Furthermore, I don't like half of them from mechanical point. It is not fun to control them. I have a strong itch to start the game from the beginning, hack necessary gold, and hire a team of silent stoic straight bros.

My question is what will I lose? Is there any good companion content that I will be missing?

if you already decided you dont like any of them, then the answer is obviously no because their "content" in game is Party banter/Companion Quests. They'll still make up your Crusade Council btw

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shadenuat

With considering what you have been saying, I think we can lose the notion that we in the west expect Russia to save our culture since Russia/Eastern Europe buy into and distribute the same franchises and work under same interests.
I just personally found it absurd that we in the west are seen for some reason to expect that, when Russian/eastern European made games suffer from the same disease. Encased, which to be fair seem to be free from modern writing senses for the most part still have a damn tranny sex selection.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished the game.

The ending was bad but so was the lead up so I'm not sure what I was expecting.

It's nice to play an implementation of pathfinder and the music was nice but everything else felt either mediocre or straight up bad. The choice to focus the game on high level play and even including mythic abilities is focusing on the worst part of the game system and while it might make for fun build-theorising it makes for poor gameplay, especially when the AI is as shitty as it is.

After the start the game is very easy and only ever "challenges" you with fights where you have to use cheesy/very specific tactics. You just use your buffs and can practically close your eyes while your guys smack the enemies.

I thought kingmaker was OK and I saw a lot of potential in that game, so I backed Wrath in the hopes that Owlcat would apply the lessons they learned and created a more focused and polished product, that worked with the system's strengths rather than its weaknesses. Instead we got a bloated mess with poor, cringy writing, shit narrative design, and combat with the tactical depth of a puddle. I don't hate the game or anything, I just didn't enjoy it and I don't think I'll buy owlcat's next game unless they make major improvements in pretty much every area and I'll certainly not be backing any Kickstarter.

No specifics = edgepoasting. The usual boilerplate you could have written weeks ago.

Thonius

Arcane
Shadenuat

With considering what you have been saying, I think we can lose the notion that we in the west expect Russia to save our culture since Russia/Eastern Europe buy into and distribute the same franchises and work under same interests.
I just personally found it absurd that we in the west are seen for some reason to expect that, when Russian/eastern European made games suffer from the same disease. Encased, which to be fair seem to be free from modern writing senses for the most part still have a damn tranny sex selection.
It's in the water or food. OR OR! Mental diseases are transferable.

Sunri

Liturgist
Oh no game have women and black people! i can't enjoy it now and companions aren't mindless drones that just do what I tell them one of them even left me for 5 minutes and i can't play something like that reeeee and they dare to put lesbian couple day ruined better cry about it for 200 pages instead playing good game :deathclaw:

Thonius

Arcane
Oh no game have women and black people! i can't enjoy it now and companions aren't mindless drones that just do what I tell them one of them even left me for 5 minutes and i can't play something like that reeeee and they dare to put lesbian couple day ruined better cry about it for 200 pages instead playing good game :deathclaw:
While yeah things are exaggerated you still need to take a mental note, you know, and be prepared for propaganda.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I may have encountered my first game breaking bug. There was a tough fight for me in the Drezen fortress (some named illusion mage in a summoning circle), and it knocked my cavalier out so hard that the mount ability disappeared completely.

Gentlemen, I need advice. I'm in chapter one. I got about 7 companions, and I don't like any of them. They are repelling and annoying. Furthermore, I don't like half of them from mechanical point. It is not fun to control them. I have a strong itch to start the game from the beginning, hack necessary gold, and hire a team of silent stoic straight bros.

My question is what will I lose? Is there any good companion content that I will be missing?

I had a similar dislike of the companions in Chapter 1, but I think they tone down or moderate shortly after. The initial introductions all felt awful.

Lann and Ember became my MVPs.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh no game have women and black people!
To be fair, as far as Seelah goes, she's a terrible "character" to begin with. Colour of skin doesn't matter much. And I can elaborate if you want me to.

And as far as Irabeth and Anevia goes, I just like that, eventually, you can make them scrub toilets for their incompetence.

Sunri

Liturgist
While yeah things are exaggerated you still need to take a mental note, you know, and be prepared for propaganda.
What propaganda?

Sunri

Liturgist
Oh no game have women and black people!
To be fair, as far as Seelah goes, she's a terrible "character" to begin with. Colour of skin doesn't matter much. And I can elaborate if you want me to.

And as far as Irabeth and Anevia goes, I just like that, eventually, you can make them scrub toilets for their incompetence.
I feel like she is just too normal for this epic adventure she seems like a girl that woud break down relatively easy in the abbys after all she got depression after making one msitake in her quest lol still most people complain about her skin color and thats not the main problem with her

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
most people complain about her skin color and thats not the main problem with her
It's the problem with being polarized in this day and age. And I agree with you. Her skin colour and sex seem insignificant to the shortcomings of her character. Or should I say lack thereof.

Codex Year of the Donut
"lesbian"
hehehehehe

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
most people complain about her skin color and thats not the main problem with her
It's the problem with being polarized in this day and age. And I agree with you. Her skin colour and sex seem insignificant to the shortcomings of her character. Or should I say lack thereof.
Well, even from the part of the beta I played it is more or less obvious that Seelah stepped into the shoes that are too large for her. Her bio is patchy, and she is too eager to follow. On the other hand, it shows the current state of the crusade when Seelah is still considered a respected paladin (at least from the start).

So I see it as a good setup for an unknown hero to emerge and do something. "Be Brave. Do Something." (C)

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The companions in Kingmaker weren't exactly pinnacles of charm, but I definitly found 5 I liked enough for a full party on my first run.
In this game this seems somewhat challenging, I genuinly contemplated turning off shared xp and adventuring with less than 6 until I find NPCs who aren't utterly annoying.
This game has no alignment conflicts right? I can't remember any with the undead chick from game one.
Interesting how all the neutral characters are ass, while the extremes are a bit better. I might end up with a party of 3 good and 3 evil if this keeps up. Very fitting for a druid.
I hope the bad characters are frontloaded and the later ones are better.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I saw someone say they didn't meet the requirements to recruit the succubus, what are they exactly? I want to recruit her and not miss her because I forgot some petty stuff.
Parabalus

Everyone gets her, if you do some extra steps you get her 2 levels earlier.

You need to
Unlock Azata path, aka find Thall, which you did. Then on Lost Chapel map, explore it after Mythic 2 and play song on altar.
Do I need the book and harp before I play it?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, this is another thing that makes my point of view so different. I liked all the companions in Kingmaker, even that one traitor. He had his reasons, and good characters could have found something to redeem him while lawful and / or evil characters had no problem executing him. However, there are some Codexers here who shit on Kingmaker companions as well.

Might I suggest you playing games from other studios? 2 games can be considered a trend, so I think it is Owlcat Games' style, and they will more or less follow it in the future. If one finds only one good companion in Kingmaker and none in Wrath then Owlcat writing and creative thinking is clearly not for him.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
sorc master race

All sorcerers, except Sage sorcerer = brainlet

Jokes aside, maximized/empowered (two with favorable metamagic) chain lightning + zippy magic + arcane trickster sneak attack + greater quicken rod and you probably can reach about 1.5 k damage in a single round.

So are the final chapters good or is there a huge drop in quality like in Kingmaker?

Imagine a abyssal mythic version of wind hunt spam from kingmaker...

Jackpot

Learned
It's funny to me that people have strong opinions at all about Seelah.
She's just boring. Painfully average and normal. Her dialog is essentially just filler.
At least ALL the companions aren't like that like in Deadfire.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Seelah is just meh indeed. I don't use her unless is mandatory and don't talk with her useless is related to her Companion quest because i want to do all companion quests to give a shot for each.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I may have encountered my first game breaking bug. There was a tough fight for me in the Drezen fortress (some named illusion mage in a summoning circle), and it knocked my cavalier out so hard that the mount ability disappeared completely.

I had a similar dislike of the companions in Chapter 1, but I think they tone down or moderate shortly after. The initial introductions all felt awful.

Lann and Ember became my MVPs.

Same as P:K. I think they’re doing samizdat for western journos or some shit. Not that they aren’t Pozzed themselves just not to that nauseating extent.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Yo How exctally the game expect me to win against Staunton and Minagho when both of them are more than 10 levels higher than me? Is Owlcat's desginer using crack ? That bitch is almost 20 level above me. I only level 8 your motherfuckers.

Yeah lets make you fight a level 19 + 11 Minagho and 20 Stauton. Make sense

Just concentrate on Staunton, and grease is useful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom