Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
With considering what you have been saying, I think we can lose the notion that we in the west expect Russia to save our culture since Russia/Eastern Europe buy into and distribute the same franchises and work under same interests.
You provide a shitton of cash. Big western companies now happy their stuff being outsourced to ukraine/russia/asia etc. Surprised something like PK did not happen earlier lol.

Owlcats were celebrating gaem with lotsa food on order and a cake specially made to look like 20 sided dice.

Slaanesh corrupts all.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man it's ironic how people now praise Valerie, who was the most hated companion by Owlcats own survey. Oh I remember the Codex rage on her and Amiri. And on Ekun cause he had high stats :shittydog:

Bet you like a moronic barbarian stronk teenager now too, huh?

Sunri

Liturgist
Man it's ironic how people now praise Valerie, who was the most hated companion by Owlcats own survey. Oh I remember the Codex rage on her and Amiri.

yup they got some goldfish memory waith 2 years and they will praise wrath 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Man it's ironic how people now praise Valerie, who was the most hated companion by Owlcats own survey. Oh I remember the Codex rage on her and Amiri. And on Ekun cause he had high stats :shittydog:

That just tells you how bad this game is in comparison to Kingmaker.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For me it becomes disturbing how sensitive Westerners are to the colour of skin. In Kingmaker, they did not consider Regongar and Octavia as slaves because none of them was black; and they did not consider Ekundayo as a classic Irish immigrant because he was black. Wrath is more popular - it seems - and race induced hate is more visible.

On the other hand, I have already written this, so it's the last time I mention it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Gameplay question: I'm looking at the sohei monk. They get light armor and martial weapons. Apparently FoB then would work with 2 handed martial weapons but the light armor disables your Wis AC bonus. So should I just build the monk like a lightly armored fighter with high Str and Dex instead of Wis? Seems counterintuitive to not rely on THE prime Monk stat.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Tried to go west and fight some ghost, got instant killed, so I don’t even have level 5 spells, nowhere to level up

You'll get more than enough rest stops during all of Drezen, if that is what you're worried about. Almost after every step, you are provided a rest stop - and what's more, you can bank them up if you don't need them at the moment, so it's actually pretty comfy.

If you've already done most of the "will fail this chapter" quests, your party should be more than levelled enough to do this.

Not having Trickery will be rough, but worst come to worst you can just respec Camellia into it if you didn't increase in on her. I think one of her starting feat IS skill-focus Trickery

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Tried to go west and fight some ghost, got instant killed, so I don’t even have level 5 spells, nowhere to level up

You'll get more than enough rest stops during all of Drezen, if that is what you're worried about. Almost after every step, you are provided a rest stop - and what's more, you can bank them up if you don't need them at the moment, so it's actually pretty comfy.

If you've already done most of the "will fail this chapter" quests, your party should be more than levelled enough to do this.

Not having Trickery will be rough, but worst come to worst you can just respec Camellia into it if you didn't increase in on her. I think one of her starting feat IS skill-focus Trickery
I built Camelia like garbage so she is worthless, have to rely on dex increased nenio for trickery.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Come to think about it where are distinctly Asian companions
Nenio?

I would need to gather some cynical powers to answer about arabs, indians and africans (but basically, the rich and interesting history of Africa, that once had buildings that people mistaked for being built by Romans, is based much on Gold and Slavery since ancient times, which makes it difficult to easily write a distinct character from there); but if you mean idk, China, well it's because US and people in general know shit about it.

I personally worked with Chinese, although Russian kind, which afaik by other Chinese are considered a bydlo-chinese. I enjoyed their women that all looked like lolis give me sweet cakes on Autumn celebration; watched them sit and watch some parade/memory movies about Chinese getting slaughtered by Japanese etc. (man they don't like Japanese lol).
Then I learned that the lolis are actually 30+ yo old, smoke heavily and have multiple children, and are already divorced.
Intredasting people. (and pay on time and well.)
still no clue wat r they r about.

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

A poorly written game can still have better writing than another poorly written game. The point is that they've regressed instead of progressing. Valerie was poorly written. But her writing was better than Seelah. Amiri was an irredeemable retard with shit writing. But her writing wasn't worse than this game's writing.

Ekun cause he had high stats :shittydog:
Reddit hates strong characters.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Come to think of it, none of the characters really represent the area they are from. Nenio is "Asian" because she's a Kitsune, that's it. Do the companions ever talk about their homelands, because I can't recall them doing it.
Nenio's thing is that she kinda forgot.

Companions being obsessed with their One and Only Schtick is not sjw but just indulgent roleplaying and bad writing tho.

deama

Prophet
Alright so I think I'm going to call it quites for now. I've played for about a week, I think abouts 40 hours or so. I made it to chapter 5, the last one?
Anyway...
Beginning parts were good, the game in general was good I thought up until the abyss city where it started to show cracks.
The abyss city was kinda annoying with it's moving parts, at some points I had to wait 5 minutes for a wall to move, the whole place was kinda buggy and my character regularly got stuck in mid-air and only way to get out was to reload a previous save, not even a teleport spell worked.
The content in the abyss city itself was fine I thought though.

Yeah, so when you get back to drezen and liberate it for the second time the game starts showing more cracks for me, it feels too samy, the merchants don't even get new stock which I was disappointed by.

I finished it shortly after, in Iz fighting the deskari lord guy.

The mythic system I thought was kinda interesting and I wish they went further with more unique artifacts like with the banner thing giving you a perma hp regen. Maybe instead you could choose artifacts that gave you a debuff and buff or maybe upgrade the banner in various ways.

Biggest issue for me was the exp, I was pretty much level capped around the middle chapter of the abyss city. Once I unlocked legendary path I immediately shot up to lvl 40, which was nice, but afterwards I couldn't grow anymore, so that's why I'm leaving it there, as the continues growth is what I enjoy about these games the most.

I played as a monk and pretty much soloed the whole thing in core rules, I only turned the difficulty down when I was doing the legendary path questline with the shadows as the enemies were just ridiculous. After legendary path I multi-classed into sorcerer, probably should have went with bard tbh but oh well.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Come to think of it, none of the characters really represent the area they are from. Nenio is "Asian" because she's a Kitsune, that's it. Do the companions ever talk about their homelands, because I can't recall them doing it.
Nenio's thing is that she kinda forgot.

Companions being obsessed with their One and Only Schtick is not sjw but just indulgent roleplaying and bad writing tho.

In currentyear you can't have obviously "ethnic" or "foreign" characters because Everyone Is Exactly The Same Everywhere.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The woke is just a small part. How people fail to realize that the game threats every non egalitarian option as evil?

Saying to Camelia "people are not born eqqual" is considered evil. Zacharius is considered evil too and he is the typical "fascist wizard" which Lacrymas would love.

WHzHPIh.png

UegtgeJ.png

My country when was a empire was rich and prosperous. Now is a banana republic. The aristocratic companions are depicted in the worst possible way. That is a huge step back. Mainly considering how aristocracy is well depicted in kingmaker.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The interaction with Hulrun really makes no sense.
You barge into a conversation between two parties you've never met with Hulrun wanting to kill a priest of DESNA - A GOOD goddess - without evidence.
Attacking him is considered chaotic and agreeing with him, despite not knowing the whole story, is lawful.
THEN he reveals he was the one who nearly burned Ember and THEN it suddenly becomes lawful to just murder him.

Nos

Novice
Sosiel, Lann, Wendulag, Arueshalae and Seelah are Pazzio's.

Lann seems balanced in all things. Doesn't have the SJW vibes on him. I'm not using Sosiel. Arueshalae looks like waifu type, don't tell me she's lesbian/transgender ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder..._romances_in_wrath_of_the_righteous_revelaed/
Companions

Lann, male mongrel, stoic and sarcastic archer. Is romanceable for female PCs.

Wenduag, female mongrel, fierce and cunning woman who respects only power. Is romanceable for both genders.

Camellia, female half-elf, refined, but arrogant and cold-hearted young lady. Romanceable for male PCs.

Daeran, male assimar, dashing, charming but insuferrable noble man. Romanceable for both genders.

Arueshalae, female succubus who seeks redemption. Romanceable for both genders.

Sosiel, male human, kind cleric of goddess of love, artist. Only romanceable by male PCs.

NPCs

Queen Galfrey, female human, ageless and beloved queen, leader of the crusades. Is available for both genders.

Overall, there are two options for heterosexual ladies PCs, two option for gay men, three options for lesbian PCs and four options for heterosexual guys.

Option 5: delete game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Zacharius is considered evil too
Zacharius, btw, and some other cool characters, are actually a positive improvement over PKM, which did not give NPCs enough spotlight, with companions dominating everything.

Mainly considering how aristocracy is well depicted in kingmaker.
Lol no. It's not good there and not in Wrath.
generally anything bout medieval social classes and kultur and rulership, these kind of writers are just clueless about it.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
, don't tell me she's lesbian/transgender ?

She is a succubus. She had all types of dicks inside her and all types of relationships but for you, she will demand commitment and love.

generally anything bout medieval social classes and kultur and rulership, these kind of writers are just clueless about it.

Russia had a aristocracy till 1917. Brazil, till the democratic coup over the end of slavery in 1889. I get that aristocracy in a fantasy world would be different than IRL but still badly depicted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom