Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, I'd expect her to be written like a short lived, culturally regressed mongrel that spent her entire brutal existence in a cave. A shark-out-of-water, except not comedic.
But... that's how shes written? She doesn't even understand the concept of "buying" items, instead she's just taking shit from the vendors and punches them when they accuse her of "stealing". Her lust for power is based on her short life-expectancy and her desire to outlive and become the strongest of all the mongrels. She gradually adapts to regular culture, but then you go to the Abyss and she seems much more comfortable there as its more akin to the life she has known in the caves. All her council suggestions also fall into the "survival of the fittest" line of thinking.

She's not well written, I agree with that. But her behavior doesn't seem out of place at all, and as her personal quest comes along and you get to Act 5, shes undergone some fairly significant changes.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’ll probably play her for some paths - straight Fighter Throwing Axe tank is great with the Mythics and Itemization - so at some point we’ll see.

Thonius

Arcane
New 4.5GB patch what is it?
Respec removed, added 2 companions ( gay and gyga gay) also all dialogs got VO now.
About respec, well yeah if class 200% bugged then yeah it's fair. But if it's just a minor derped feat or something I say roll with it or use tool box and remove feat add another. I usually save before each LVL up and do a bit of test before proper playthrough ( aka cheat 200000000000000000000exp) just to see if shit stacks/works/qualify.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I’ll probably play her for some paths - straight Fighter Throwing Axe tank is great with the Mythics and Itemization - so at some point we’ll see.
Shes absolutely nasty with Throwing Axes, especially if you just head straight for Wintersun after capturing Drezen.

Vatnik Wumao
So where am I supposed to go for this?
emInFXq.png

Found an abandoned building in the southeast of the Drezen map, but there's nothing to interact with inside.

Desiderius

Patron
Shes absolutely nasty with Throwing Axes, especially if you just head straight for Wintersun after capturing Drezen.

Thats no easy task! Well easier now with the unfortunate nerf.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Demonic Charge and Snapshot are a nice pairing. Teleport into a group of enemies, move out of melee with the remaining 5y movement, do another standard action and then AoO everything as it starts to move towards you or the frontline youre hiding behind.

Vatnik Wumao

Found an abandoned building in the southeast of the Drezen map, but there's nothing to interact with inside.

u have to go outside of drezen there should be a place called desolate hovel
Although, could you provide a screenshot with the exact location? Can't seem to find it anywhere near Drezen.

Rafidur

Learned
Wenduag romance when you're evil is really just ''Yeah let's fuck and btw i might be into BDSM *wink*'' so far. I wonder how different is if you''re playing a good aligned character.

So far for rich blond elf romance

He's the one doing all the romancing... I roleplayed a pragmatic lich guy but even he would feel awkward refusing after all the roses and gifts and flirting, and just took the elf dick without complaints

Saark

Arcane
Patron
57a266af5f.jpg

I'm starting to think I'm supposed to lose these skill-checks. Will 44 was actually doable with proper prebuffing, but I have to admit defeat now.

Deadass

Savant

u have to go outside of drezen there should be a place called desolate hovel
Although, could you provide a screenshot with the exact location? Can't seem to find it anywhere near Drezen.

sorry bro don't have the game installed anymore but it should be on the left of drezen if i remember correctly

Efe

Erudite
I could pick a wizard secret? whats missing from loremaster?
theres woljiff, nenio and ember.

desolate hovel is not that close to drezen. check straight south west.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
From what I know, Loremaster does not currently get spell progression on the first level (none of the Prestige classes do, actually). It was also lacking the ability to pick the class-secrets to get access to other spells. If they fixed that, then that makes me a very happy man.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
From what I know, Loremaster does not currently get spell progression on the first level (none of the Prestige classes do, actually). It was also lacking the ability to pick the class-secrets to get access to other spells. If they fixed that, then that makes me a very happy man.

Hellknight Signifier does, at least if going from wizard to HKS.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
She's not well written, I agree with that. But her behaviour doesn't seem out of place at all, and as her personal quest comes along and you get to Act 5, shes undergone some fairly significant changes.

I'm not saying her acting like an uncivilized brute is out of place, I'm saying she should be acting like that more, given her background.

I hate to bring up Annah, because after twenty odd years we should have better references, but with her, what she says and how she says it is perfectly in sync with who she is and where she came from. Some berk gave a fuck when they wrote her.

Wenduag's mostly flavourless in comparison. Where are her unique speech mannerisms? Where's her filtering all the new information though her unique, but limited experiences? Where's the quest where you have to procure a solution to her going blind on the surface?

:negative:

Desiderius

Patron
I mean they get all Combat Feats (one choice only!) with no prereqs and same with Wiz Caster Feats (Summoning w/o Conj) and Rogue Talents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom