Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

CaesarCzech

Scholar
It's not a one-time thing. The lesbian couple are the most prominent NPCs outside of part members until the end of Chapter 3, trans-girl is the one who gives you all the main quests. There is an unique animation of them hugging once they meet each other. Then they discuss interior decorations during the act-ending cutscene. It's very much intended to be prominent and noticeable by everyone. My personal theory is that they wanted to make sure braindead journos notice that there is gay representation in the game.

Most prominent NPCs? Give me a break. Both are complete non-factors in Chapter 4, in Chapter 3 Irabeth gives you 4 quests at the very beginning in a matter of 5 seconds, and then you turn them in with her eventually as well. Besides that you have 1 project for her, which pertains to her position in the army. None of this has anything to do with her being gay. You interact more with the Council members (of which they are not a part of, by the way), or individual NPCs like Ciar, Horgus, Nurah or Seilkind or whatever his name is.
Anevia barely shows up except for ~10seconds for the Dragon Hunt Quest, where she refers you to Nurah (which plays a more prominent role than Anevia+Irabeth combined), and Anevia also shows up during Cams Companion Quest, where shes totally fine with you keeping her secret and letting her continue to murder people to sate her bloodlust. Super SJW, you're right. Suture is a more prominent character than either of those two, and he actually has main-plot relevance. Anevia and Irabeth do not.

Also, there are 2 full-time healers in the game, the softest gay black man ever born or bisexual tumblr incarnate, if you're not playing a healer yourself you need one of them. They will both hit on your male PC until you explicitly tell them to fuck-off.
You mean the soft black dude with gambling issues whose anger you can fuel to the point where he beat someone to a pulp with his fists? Ah yeah, he's such a cheerful character, and you can't do any harm to him either. Despite, you know, killing him from the very start, or if you so choose, torturing him every chance you get, including being able to raise his brother from the dead on the Lich Path and constantly taunting him and his shitty beliefs. Also, that's typically how romances go. People court you unless you tell them you're not interested. If anything, I'd say its a fairly negative portrayal when all non-hetero companions come off as super horny, pushy and needy.

The fact you're just omitting Camellia and Ember, who are both Divine Casters, just to try to make your argument stick is very showing, however. There's like 6 different divine Casters in the game, 7 if you count Staunton. Meanwhile we have 2 Arcane ones, and one of them is a furry (and even that revelation lasts all of 2 minutes and after that you can just have her be a human at all times anyway). But sure, one of the divine casters is gay so thats totally pozzed.

It's not like people are talking about minor details, people are discussing things that were made to be noticed by as many people as possible. The only reason why wokeness didn't completely ruined the game is that long stretches of the game are dungeons with little to no dialogue. Sossiel is a terrible character and probably one of the worst gays characters in media in general, but he's bearable when the only thing he says are order responses.
Sosiel is actually pretty okay when you decide to turn him to the dark side. You can belittle his faith and beliefs every chance you get, and while at first he only falters occasionally, he eventually becomes a very different character. But he's still gay, so I guess most people in here would still have a problem with him.

To me, SJW writing that would annoy me is when it's in my face constantly and when the characters portraying said agenda would be either unkillable, or have no bad qualities to them/bring the topic up constantly. That's not the case. Their romance is a non-factor, to the point where you can hit Irabeth in the face with demonic Rage and give her a nasty scar and her GF is standing right next to you, barely complaining. Once Chapter 2 is in full motion, there's no hint of their romance whatsoever anymore. But to know that would require people to play the game for more than 10% of its content, and it would defuse many of the "game is pozzed" claims.

But hey, maybe people here simply don't know what the source material is like, and how Paizo went as far as to state that all Iconic characters are to be considered bisexual unless stated otherwise. Compared to the source material baseline, I simply don't see WotR as the devs trying to push any specific agenda at all. Even without that background knowledge, the game pushes topics like slavery, offers the option to have someone violently gang-raped, support cannibalism and similarly horrible concepts, with some of them being considered "lawful" options due to the locations those situations happen in.

The problem is that while Owlcat isnt fully pozzed they already have couple of parasites in the nest, like do you think endings would be written as they are without it being sort of Fuck you ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So do animal companions still get a bunch of passive buffs as they level up or did they remove that shit as they added ability to put gear on your animal companion?

They get all of it, and feats. And lots of items which buff companions while the owner wears them.

On the other hand they gum up the pathing pretty badly. If you’ve got more than one pet either they play the game or you do, can’t count on both. Mounting helps some and will get better with time.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
So do animal companions still get a bunch of passive buffs as they level up or did they remove that shit as they added ability to put gear on your animal companion?

They get all of it, and feats. And lots of items which buff companions while the owner wears them.

On the other hand they gum up the pathing pretty badly. If you’ve got more than one pet either they play the game or you do, can’t count on both. Mounting helps some and will get better with time.

Jesus Desi you now caused me to imagine dog, cat and parrot trying to play this game.

Codex Year of the Donut
what's going on, wrathbros? why are so many insane people attracted to this game?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

all of these from within the last couple hours or so, no cherrypicking, just went down latest in search
you guys ok? do you need some help?

Desiderius

Patron
Stack of Divine Favor Scrolls just waiting for Nenio to get Frightful.

Then she will feed.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
what's going on, wrathbros? why are so many insane people attracted to this game?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

all of these from within the last couple hours or so, no cherrypicking, just went down latest in search
you guys ok? do you need some help?

we really need to start making Fascist etc art of the game, from what i seen on new zeeland farms(not sure if i can use proper name here) Fucking Bronies stalled SJWs for several years just with some fucking pony with swastika on side. You basically need to use their lunacy and triggers as repelent.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
why are so many insane people attracted to this game?
Owlcat Games not only avoided backlash, but reaped the harvest as well. Brilliant. It might frighten normal people, though. We'll see how it goes.

Also, you may call me a shill all day long, but this list of patch notes makes me quite optimistic. First, it's huge amount of work in quite limited time; second, all the bugs are relatively tame in opposite to "Wildcards DLC does not work on GOG - fixed"; third, after such enormous patch there is no hotfix (yet). So... may be I will not wait for a month...

CaesarCzech

Scholar
With considering what you have been saying, I think we can lose the notion that we in the west expect Russia to save our culture since Russia/Eastern Europe buy into and distribute the same franchises and work under same interests.
You provide a shitton of cash. Big western companies now happy their stuff being outsourced to ukraine/russia/asia etc. Surprised something like PK did not happen earlier lol.

Owlcats were celebrating gaem with lotsa food on order and a cake specially made to look like 20 sided dice.

Slaanesh corrupts all.

I think its more like in Russia intelectuals will be in opposition and what is most anti putin ?. You need eastern countries with Cynical inteligentsia so to speak, there is reason Czech and to lesser degree Polish Devs do it well Im genuinely interested in Balkan Devs could be interesting.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
why are so many insane people attracted to this game?
Owlcat Games not only avoided backlash, but reaped the harvest as well. Brilliant. It might frighten normal people, though. We'll see how it goes.

Also, you may call me a shill all day long, but this list of patch notes makes me quite optimistic. First, it's huge amount of work in quite limited time; second, all the bugs are relatively tame in opposite to "Wildcards DLC does not work on GOG - fixed"; third, after such enormous patch there is no hotfix (yet). So... may be I will not wait for a month...

Id say next kickstarter will be interesting Codex and other grognards wont be very eager to fund it, normies generally dont fund as much and to me SJWs dont really fund normal shit.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Update on respec breaking your game:
Seems to be the Siege of Drezen. If you do it prior, you should be fine. Also, a fresh update from the tech team - seems that Legend isn't affected after all.

Desiderius

Patron
With considering what you have been saying, I think we can lose the notion that we in the west expect Russia to save our culture since Russia/Eastern Europe buy into and distribute the same franchises and work under same interests.
You provide a shitton of cash. Big western companies now happy their stuff being outsourced to ukraine/russia/asia etc. Surprised something like PK did not happen earlier lol.

Owlcats were celebrating gaem with lotsa food on order and a cake specially made to look like 20 sided dice.

Slaanesh corrupts all.

I think its more like in Russia intelectuals will be in opposition and what is most anti putin ?. You need eastern countries with Cynical inteligentsia so to speak, there is reason Czech and to lesser degree Polish Devs do it well Im genuinely interested in Balkan Devs could be interesting.

You think Putin rules you more than Soros and the FAAG (FaceborgAmazonAppleGoog) Brahmins you’re smoking crack. They shut down the President of the US.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Update on respec breaking your game:
Seems to be the Siege of Drezen. If you do it prior, you should be fine. Also, a fresh update from the tech team - seems that Legend isn't affected after all.

Lol if i find out that respect unlocks the locked in pat choice which decides which abilities you get is and Thats why mythic paths that arent legend are broken after respec well i think i might have to restrain myself before doing impresion of James Wood

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Slaanesh corrupts all.

You think Putin rules you more than Soros and the FAAG (FaceborgAmazonAppleGoog) Brahmins you’re smoking crack. They shut down the President of the US.

Nope im just saying that since they are Anti Putin it trumps their Easterness because they look to the west so to speak and moves them back into Westerdation territory.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The problem is that while Owlcat isnt fully pozzed they already have couple of parasites in the nest, like do you think endings would be written as they are without it being sort of Fuck you ?
I'm not sure how much creative freedom they have for the endings, actually. Keep in mind that Paizo still has creative control over most of whats happening, and that the game is ultimately based on the original AP.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Finally finished Drezen, took 4 fucking hours, good dungeon though it’s too long, and I rested twice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom