Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. BrotherFrank Nouveau Riche Patron

BrotherFrank
    Will edit in my pc specs later but i have a potato pc and have found this game remarkably well optimised, especially in comparison to kingmaker.

potato pc specs (open)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    NVIDIA GE Force GTX 750 ti

Short loading times and smooth performance on medium settings with shadows off resulting in only drezen giving me problems where keep experiencing slow downs and memory leaks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Actually I remember I made a thread a while ago which can contribute to answering your question: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/what-makes-a-baldurs-gate-to-you.132106/

^ Top  
  3. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Working miracles, no big deal for him. :smug:
    Minor Aeon spoilers (open)
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 7
    ^ Top  
  4. Zayne Educated

Zayne
    Act 4 is excellent, haven't been enjoying cRPG this much since Mask of the Betrayer.

Quests are awesome, the Alushinyrra itself is beautiful, landscape changing with camera rotation is ingenious.

But the best aspect is a quiet sense of dread when you're walking in a "civilian" location with full buffs on because you can be attacked by hordes of ravaging demons at any moment.

Still not enough Mythic-specific content for Azata though. Yeah, I got to stage a "slave rebellion", without any slaves participating. No consequences either, except for flowers growing in the Fleshmarket. Everyone acknowledge that I've killed Minagho, but noone cares that I've single-handedly crippled Alushinyrra's economy. And anyone could've killed slavers there using [Attack] dialogue option (which I did aswell, because fighting the whole Fleshmarket at once was too much for me). Couldn't even save fallen azata in Arushalae quest, just spawned some more flowers. Aivu is still nice, but I've expected him to be the cherry on top, not the main dish for mythic path.

Should've chosen trickster instead.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    O-Ok...
    Camellia spoilers (open)
    [​IMG]

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    And something to trigger the "muh SJWs" crowd:
    [​IMG]

Reactivity to my PC being a half-orc.

• incline incline x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Makes sense since she's
    Show Spoiler
    a sociopath
    just like most SJWs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Doesn’t get much lower than the cannibal friendzone. That’s a big red x in the old quest log there, champ.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    I don't like how edgy her character is tho. Feels a bit caricatural.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Show Spoiler
    Well, it's my PC who friendzoned her given that he refused her advances during that ritual. Only a qt succubi is befitting of my PC's affection.

• incline incline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Nice theory wrong species. She’s using you as emotional tampon you’re the one in the friendzone.

My CN Archie Trickster boned her in the last beta and then froze her out. Might be interesting theoretically to see where the writers take that one but my guess is that it’s a path unlikely ever to be revealed.

Killed her once and was pretty anticlimactic so I’ll end up telling her to knock it off on non-lawful playthroughs and lay down the lawl when lawful.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    I’m not taking Ascended Element on Purifier. I did that with Waves and Cold on Seeker and ended up just doing Holy damage all the time anyway.

^ Top  
  13. Rafidur Learned

Rafidur
    Big Spoilers Question (act 3 lich)

Show Spoiler
    I raise Staunton but he doesn't have mythic abilities, making him much weaker than the other companions. Is this normal?

^ Top  
  14. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Show Spoiler
    A succubus is an instrument of Chaos. Regardless of your morals, stay on the side of the law, brother.

• Deus Vult Deus Vult x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Western lol, what a maroon. Ask the wokels how western they are. They hate the West more than you do dumbass.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Show Spoiler
    I wish I could convert her to Lawful Neutral, if not Lawful Evil. But eh, a devil can have his non-LE playthings (and since the PC is not a born devil, it's not like he has the same sort of disgust for demons) and be amused by the succubi's self-denial of her Abyssal nature.

^ Top  
  17. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Yeah, none of the raised companions seem to be gaining Mythic Powers, making them inherently worse than other companions (at the start, anyway). Unless the additional Lich powers benefit not just animated dead but the Grave Guards as well, they're never worth taking. Number 3 and 4 are actually pretty solid, though.

I think its by design, as you're probably "supposed" to outfit your merry band with your undead companions and then empower/heal them with your new-found lich skills, but it never seemed worth it to me.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    Can I do Wintersun at level 10 ?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. frajaq Liturgist

frajaq
    everyday I learn more about Pathfinder system I understand min-maxers more and more

^ Top  
  20. Gangrelrumbler Arcane Patron

Gangrelrumbler
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Is it really just "marketing" if the game itself is made to pander to journalists?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Rafidur Learned

Rafidur
    Lich skills give stat buffs, and has unique support spells like "full heal all undead allies" (level 7), but yeah doesn't seem worth the loss of mythic passives.

^ Top  
  22. Israfael Arcane

Israfael
    Wokism is the peak emanation of liberalism (something anthitetic to "eastern" communalism), what are you talking about? Having a freedom to be a socially-recognized deviant is an ultimate form of liberty according to the tenets of Locke and other godfathers of librulism. It's wildly offtopic, but just peruse typical tankie/wumao and SJW/anarcho-whatever (glowies, basically) subreddits / chans etc, the latter group hates collectivism and promotes deviancy while old commies focus on economy and typically agree with current China (and former USSR) policies towards 'brave and stunning' shiny snowflakes

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Still haven't managed to find a way to fix my game soft-locking, so I'll just assume it's a general issue with Nocticulas Palace. More and more reports flowing in from people being unable to finish the audience quest with her in Chapter 4 since the patch, so maybe my Chapter 3 Demon Mythic Path is bugging out for a similar reason. Still sucks, so far Demon seems pretty interesting from a narrative PoV. Aru already worrying about my powers and how it might affect her (selfish cunt thinking about herself instead of the greater good, I'll make sure to corrupt her this time around).

I'm not sure if Nocticula is just playing me, but asking me to find and kill Areelu is very different to what happened for my Lich in Chapter 4. She's clearly playing Areela to get the Lexicon to ascend herself, though.

^ Top  
  24. Gangrelrumbler Arcane Patron

Gangrelrumbler
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    So I'm exploring the demon city but I'm not impressed. The design and visuals are really great but the content itself is kind underwhelming. Despite being part of the abyss the entire place feels like a generic evil city with all the crooks replaced by demons. There is a brothel, but you can fuck high level demoness there. There's a slave market but he slave traders are epic level demon dudes, etc. You run into angry drunks, but these are super high level angry drunks. Same shit, different coat of paint. Reminds me of fighting epic level gnoll spirits in MoTB. One thing that really stands out are low-level demons acting as beggars. Like seriously? They're counting on charity in the place populated almost exclusively by explicitly evil creatures? Why are they even allowed to live like that? If they're too weak to earn a living shouldn't someone just enslave them already?

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Mauman Educated

Mauman
    Ugh....I could have gone the rest of my life without remembering that person.

Abuses fans/acts completely unprofesional, get's fired, calls sexism....

What a piece of shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.